Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
2010 Historical Event(s)
- January 4, 2010 – The Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building is officially opened.
- February 14, 2010 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 2010 – Unknown criminals pour more than 2.5 million liters of diesel oil and other hydrocarbons into the river Lambro, in Northern Italy, causing an environmental disaster.
- July 25, 2010 – Wikileaks publishes classified documents about the War in Afghanistan, one of the largest leaks in U.S. military history.
- August 5, 2010 – 2010 Copiapó mining accident occurs, trapping 33 Chilean miners approximately 2,300 ft below the ground.
- September 4, 2010 – Canterbury earthquake: a 7.1 magnitude earthquake which struck the South Island of New Zealand at 4:35 am causing widespread damage and several power outages.
- September 7, 2010 – A Chinese fishing trawler collided with two Japanese Coast Guard patrol boats in disputed waters near the islands. The collisions occurred around 10am, after the Japanese Coast Guard ordered the trawler to leave the area. After the collisions, Japanese sailors boarded the Chinese vessel and arrested the captain, Zhan Qixiong.
- September 25, 2010 – Mahmoud Abbas speaks at United Nations General Assembly to request that Israel end its policy of building settlements in the West Bank.
- October 13, 2010 – The 2010 Copiapó mining accident in Copiapó, Chile comes to an end as all 33 miners arrive at the surface after surviving a record 69 days underground awaiting rescue.
- November 19, 2010 – The first of four explosions takes place at the Pike River Mine in New Zealand; 29 people are killed in the nation’s worst mining disaster since 1914.
Who Was Born On 2010?
- May 28, 2010 – Prince Louis of Bourbon, elder son of Prince Louis, Duke of Anjou