April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2017 is the 105th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1920Two security guards are murdered during a robbery in South Braintree, Massachusetts. Anarchists Sacco and Vanzetti would be convicted of and executed for the crime, amid much controversy.
- 1921Black Friday: mine owners announce more wage and price cuts, leading to the threat of a strike all across England.
- 1923Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
- 1936First day of the Arab revolt in Palestine.
- 1941In the Belfast Blitz, two-hundred bombers of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) attack Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom killing one thousand people.
- 1942The George Cross is awarded to “to the island fortress of Malta – its people and defenders” by King George VI.
- 1943An Allied bomber attack misses the Minerva automobile factory and hits the Belgian town of Mortsel instead, killing 936 civilians.
- 1952The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
- 1958Walter O'Malley’s Los Angeles Dodgers host the first Major League Baseball game played on the West Coast of the United States.
- 1989Upon Hu Yaobang’s death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1907Nikolaas Tinbergen, Dutch ethologist, Nobel laureate (d. 1988)
- 1908Lita Grey, American actress (d. 1995)
- 1924Sir Neville Marriner, English conductor
- 1956Michael Cooper, American basketball player
- 1960Pedro Delgado, Spanish cyclist
- 1968Stacey Williams, American model
- 1978Milton Bradley, American baseball player
- 1982Albert Riera, Spanish footballer
- 1983Dudu Cearense, Brazilian footballer
- 1984Cam Janssen, American ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.