April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2017 is the 105th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1755Samuel Johnson’s A Dictionary of the English Language is published in London.
- 1783Preliminary articles of peace ending the American Revolutionary War (or American War of Independence) are ratified.
- 1817Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet and Laurent Clerc founded the American School for the Deaf, the first American school for deaf students, in Hartford, Connecticut.
- 1896Closing ceremony of the Games of the I Olympiad in Athens, Greece.
- 1900Philippine–American War: Filipino guerrillas launch a surprise attack on U.S. infantry and begin a four-day siege of Catubig, Philippines.
- 1920Two security guards are murdered during a robbery in South Braintree, Massachusetts. Anarchists Sacco and Vanzetti would be convicted of and executed for the crime, amid much controversy.
- 1921Black Friday: mine owners announce more wage and price cuts, leading to the threat of a strike all across England.
- 1923Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
- 1935Roerich Pact signed in Washington, D.C.
- 1940The Allies begin their attack on the Norwegian town of Narvik which is occupied by Nazi Germany.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1878Robert Walser, Swiss writer (d. 1956)
- 1896Nikolay Nikolayevich Semyonov, Russian chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1986)
- 1908Lita Grey, American actress (d. 1995)
- 1916Alfred S. Bloomingdale, American businessman (d. 1982)
- 1950Amy Wright, American actress
- 1971Kate Harbour, English voice actress
- 1974Danny Pino, American actor
- 1974Douglas Spain, American actor
- 1978Milton Bradley, American baseball player
- 1984Ben Kasica, guitarist (Skillet)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.