April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2016 was the 106th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1715Pocotaligo Massacre triggers the start of the Yamasee War in colonial South Carolina.
- 1755Samuel Johnson’s A Dictionary of the English Language is published in London.
- 1783Preliminary articles of peace ending the American Revolutionary War (or American War of Independence) are ratified.
- 1802William Wordsworth and his sister, Dorothy see a “long belt” of daffodils, inspiring the former to pen I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud.
- 1921Black Friday: mine owners announce more wage and price cuts, leading to the threat of a strike all across England.
- 1935Roerich Pact signed in Washington, D.C.
- 1940The Allies begin their attack on the Norwegian town of Narvik which is occupied by Nazi Germany.
- 1941In the Belfast Blitz, two-hundred bombers of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) attack Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom killing one thousand people.
- 1945The Bergen-Belsen concentration camp is liberated.
- 2002An Air China Boeing 767-200, flight CA129 crashes into a hillside during heavy rain and fog near Busan, South Korea, killing 128.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1793Friedrich Georg Wilhelm von Struve, German astronomer (d. 1864)
- 1800James Clark Ross, English explorer (d. 1862)
- 1933Elizabeth Montgomery, American actress (d. 1995)
- 1942Francis X. DiLorenzo, American Catholic prelate
- 1952Kym Gyngell, Australian comedian
- 1954Seka, American pornographic actress
- 1959Kevin Lowe, Canadian ice hockey player and general manager
- 1977Brian Pothier, American ice hockey player
- 1980Raúl López, Spanish basketball player
- 1990Emma Watson, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.