April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2016 was the 106th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1755Samuel Johnson’s A Dictionary of the English Language is published in London.
- 1896Closing ceremony of the Games of the I Olympiad in Athens, Greece.
- 1924Rand McNally publishes its first road atlas.
- 1940The Allies begin their attack on the Norwegian town of Narvik which is occupied by Nazi Germany.
- 1952The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
- 1958Walter O'Malley’s Los Angeles Dodgers host the first Major League Baseball game played on the West Coast of the United States.
- 1960At Shaw University in Raleigh, North Carolina, Ella Baker leads a conference that results in the creation of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, one of the principal organizations of the African-American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s.
- 1969The EC-121 shootdown incident: North Korea shoots down a United States Navy aircraft over the Sea of Japan, killing all 31 on board.
- 1970During the Cambodian Civil War, massacres of the Vietnamese minority results in 800 bodies flowing down the Mekong River into South Vietnam.
- 1992The National Assembly of Vietnam adopts the 1992 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1741Charles Willson Peale, American painter, soldier and naturalist (d. 1827)
- 1841Joseph E. Seagram, Canadian distillery founder (d. 1919)
- 1919Alberto Breccia, Uruguay-born Argentine comics artist and writer (d. 1993)
- 1920Thomas Szasz, Hungarian-American psychiatrist
- 1940Woodie Fryman, American baseball player
- 1952Sam McMurray, American actor
- 1958Keith Acton, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 1978Austin Aries, American wrestler
- 1980Fränk Schleck, Luxembourgish professional cyclist
- 1982Seth Rogen, Canadian actor and writer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.