April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2017 was the 105th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1450Battle of Formigny: Toward the end of the Hundred Years’ War, the French attack and nearly annihilate English forces, ending English domination in Northern France.
- 1817Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet and Laurent Clerc founded the American School for the Deaf, the first American school for deaf students, in Hartford, Connecticut.
- 1923Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
- 1927The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927, the most destructive river flood in U.S. history, begins.
- 1935Roerich Pact signed in Washington, D.C.
- 1942The George Cross is awarded to “to the island fortress of Malta – its people and defenders” by King George VI.
- 1945The Bergen-Belsen concentration camp is liberated.
- 1952The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
- 1955McDonald’s restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois
- 1989Upon Hu Yaobang’s death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1452Leonardo da Vinci, Italian Renaissance polymath (d. 1519)
- 1875James J. Jeffries, American heavyweight boxer (d. 1953)
- 1902Fernando Pessa, Portuguese journalist (d. 2002)
- 1952Sam McMurray, American actor
- 1959Kevin Lowe, Canadian ice hockey player and general manager
- 1972Arturo Gatti, Canadian boxer (d. 2009)
- 1978Tim Corcoran, American baseball player
- 1983Blu (rapper), American rapper and producer
- 1984Ben Kasica, guitarist (Skillet)
- 1985Amy Reid, German pornographic actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.