April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2017 was the 95th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1900Archaeologists in Knossos, Crete, discover a large cache of clay tablets with hieroglyphic writing in a script they call Linear B.
- 1932Dominion of Newfoundland: 10,000 rioters seize the Colonial Building leading to the end of self-government.
- 1949A fire in a hospital in Effingham, Illinois, kills 77 people and leads to nationwide fire code improvements in the United States.
- 1956Fidel Castro declares himself at war with the President of Cuba.
- 1958Ripple Rock, an underwater threat to navigation in the Seymour Narrows in Canada is destroyed in one of the largest non-nuclear controlled explosions of the time.
- 1969Vietnam War: Massive antiwar demonstrations occur in many U.S. cities.
- 1971In Sri Lanka, Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna launches insurrection against the United Front government of Sirimavo Bandaranaike.
- 1992Alberto Fujimori, president of Peru, dissolves the Peruvian congress by military force.
- 1992The Siege of Sarajevo begins when Serb paramilitaries murder peace protesters Suada Dilberovic and Olga Sučić on the Vrbanja Bridge.
- 1999Two Libyans suspected of bringing down Pan Am flight 103 in 1988 are handed over for eventual trial in the Netherlands.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1784Louis Spohr, German composer and violinist (d. 1859)
- 1922Christopher Hewett, British actor (d. 2001)
- 1928Tony Williams, American singer (The Platters) (d. 1992)
- 1941Dave Swarbrick, English folk musician
- 1945Tommy Smith, English footballer
- 1952Mitch Pileggi, American actor
- 1956Diamond Dallas Page, American professional wrestler
- 1966Mike McCready, American musician (Pearl Jam)
- 1976Kim Collins, Nevisian sprinter
- 1990Sophia Papamichalopoulou, Cypriot skier
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.