February 13: Day of the Week
February 13, 2016 was the 44th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 322 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1668Spain recognizes Portugal as an independent nation.
- 1881The feminist newspaper La Citoyenne is first published in Paris by the activist Hubertine Auclert.
- 1894Auguste and Louis Lumière patent the Cinematographe, a combination movie camera and projector.
- 1945New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- 1945World War II: The siege of Budapest concludes with the unconditional surrender of German and Hungarian forces to the Red Army.
- 1954Frank Selvy becomes the only NCAA Division I basketball player ever to score 100 points in a single game
- 1955Israel obtains 4 of the 7 Dead Sea scrolls.
- 1960With the success of a nuclear test codenamed “Gerboise Bleue”, France becomes the fourth country to possess nuclear weapons.
- 1981A series of sewer explosions destroys more than two miles of streets in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 2009At 23:31:30 UTC the Unix system time (time_t) number reaches 1234567890 seconds.
Who were born on February 13?
- 1805Peter Gustav Dirichlet, German mathematician (d. 1859)
- 1879Sarojini Naidu, Indian freedom fighter (d. 1949)
- 1885Bess Truman, First Lady of the United States, wife of President Harry S. Truman (d. 1982)
- 1947Mike Krzyzewski, American basketball player and coach
- 1958Pernilla August, Swedish actress
- 1971Todd Williams, American baseball player
- 1973Jorg Bergmeister German race car driver
- 1975Sabine Bätzing-Lichtenthäler, German politician
- 1986Luke Moore, English footballer
- 1990Olivia Allison, British synchronized swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.