February 13: Day of the Week
February 13, 2017 is the 44th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 321 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1575Henry III of France is crowned at Rheims, marrying Louise de Lorraine-Vaudémont on the same day.
- 1660With the death of Swedish King Charles X Gustav, the Swedish government can start to seek peace with Sweden’s enemies in the Second Northern War – something that Charles X Gustav had refused. As his son and successor on the throne, Charles XI, is only four years old, a regency takes over the ruling of Sweden until 1672.
- 1907New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- 1934The Soviet steamship Cheliuskin sinks in the Arctic Ocean.
- 1979An intense windstorm strikes western Washington and sinks a 1/2-mile-long section of the Hood Canal Bridge.
- 1982Río Negro massacre in Guatemala.
- 1990German reunification: An agreement is reached on a two-stage plan to reunite Germany.
- 1991Gulf War: Two laser-guided “smart bombs” destroy the Amiriyah shelter in Baghdad. Allied forces said the bunker was being used as a military communications outpost, but over 400 Iraqi civilians inside were killed.
- 2008Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd makes a historic apology to the Indigenous Australians and the Stolen Generations.
- 2011For the first time in more than 100 years the Umatilla, an American Indian tribe, were able to hunt and harvest a bison just outside Yellowstone National Park, restoring a centuries-old tradition guaranteed by a treaty signed in 1855.
Who were born on February 13?
- 1599Pope Alexander VII (d. 1667)
- 1834Heinrich Caro, German Chemist (d. 1910)
- 1873Feodor Chaliapin, Russian bass (d. 1938)
- 1911Jean Muir, American actress (d. 1996)
- 1938Oliver Reed, English actor (d. 1999)
- 1960Artur Yusupov, Russian-German chess player
- 1970Diane Youdale, British television personality
- 1971Todd Williams, American baseball player
- 1976Martin Sastre, Uruguayan artist
- 1988Aston Merrygold, English singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.