February 13: Day of the Week
February 13, 2017 was the 44th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 321 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1633Galileo Galilei arrives in Rome for his trial before the Inquisition.
- 1689William and Mary are proclaimed co-rulers of England.
- 1934The Soviet steamship Cheliuskin sinks in the Arctic Ocean.
- 1945World War II: Royal Air Force bombers are dispatched to Dresden, Germany to attack the city with a massive aerial bombardment.
- 1954Frank Selvy becomes the only NCAA Division I basketball player ever to score 100 points in a single game
- 1964New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- 1978Hilton bombing: a bomb explodes in a refuse truck outside the Hilton Hotel in Sydney, Australia, killing two refuse collectors and a policeman.
- 2001An earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter Scale hits El Salvador, killing at least 400.
- 2010A bomb explodes in the city of Pune, Maharashtra, India, killing 17 and injuring 60 more.
- 2011For the first time in more than 100 years the Umatilla, an American Indian tribe, were able to hunt and harvest a bison just outside Yellowstone National Park, restoring a centuries-old tradition guaranteed by a treaty signed in 1855.
Who were born on February 13?
- 711 BCJimmu, Japanese emperor (d. 585 DC)
- 1599Pope Alexander VII (d. 1667)
- 1768Édouard Adolphe Casimir Joseph Mortier, French marshal (d. 1835)
- 1834Heinrich Caro, German Chemist (d. 1910)
- 1835Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Founder of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (d. 1908)
- 1849Friedrich Wilhelm Voigt German impostor who became famous as The Captain of Köpenick (Der Hauptmann von Köpenick) (d. 1922)
- 1887Géza Csáth, Hungarian writer (d. 1919)
- 1900Roy Harrod, English economist (d. 1978)
- 1959Gaston Gingras, National Hockey League defenceman
- 1981Luisão, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.