February 13: Day of the Week
February 13, 2016 was the 44th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 322 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1689William and Mary are proclaimed co-rulers of England.
- 1692Massacre of Glencoe: About 78 Macdonalds at Glen Coe, Scotland are killed early in the morning for not promptly pledging allegiance to the new king, William of Orange.
- 1739Battle of Karnal: The army of Iranian ruler Nadir Shah defeats the forces of the Mughal emperor of India, Muhammad Shah.
- 1907New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- 1945World War II: Royal Air Force bombers are dispatched to Dresden, Germany to attack the city with a massive aerial bombardment.
- 1954Frank Selvy becomes the only NCAA Division I basketball player ever to score 100 points in a single game
- 1984Konstantin Chernenko succeeds the late Yuri Andropov as general secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1990German reunification: An agreement is reached on a two-stage plan to reunite Germany.
- 2000The last original “Peanuts” comic strip appears in newspapers one day after Charles M. Schulz dies.
- 2004The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics announces the discovery of the universe‘s largest known diamond, white dwarf star BPM 37093. Astronomers named this star “Lucy” after The Beatles’song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”.
Who were born on February 13?
- 1924Jean-Jacques Servan-Schreiber, French journalist (d. 2006)
- 1945David Tremlett, English artist
- 1945Simon Schama, British historian
- 1950Ewa Aulin, Swedish actress
- 1951David Naughton, American actor and singer
- 1952Freddy Maertens, Belgian cyclist
- 1962Hugh Dennis, English actor and comedian
- 1970Diane Youdale, British television personality
- 1989Rhys Palmer, Australian footballer
- 1990Olivia Allison, British synchronized swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.