February 13: Day of the Week
February 13, 2015 was the 44th day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 321 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1575Henry III of France is crowned at Rheims, marrying Louise de Lorraine-Vaudémont on the same day.
- 1692Massacre of Glencoe: About 78 Macdonalds at Glen Coe, Scotland are killed early in the morning for not promptly pledging allegiance to the new king, William of Orange.
- 1954Frank Selvy becomes the only NCAA Division I basketball player ever to score 100 points in a single game
- 1955Israel obtains 4 of the 7 Dead Sea scrolls.
- 1960With the success of a nuclear test codenamed “Gerboise Bleue”, France becomes the fourth country to possess nuclear weapons.
- 1964New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- 1971Vietnam War: Backed by American air and artillery support, South Vietnamese troops invade Laos.
- 1978Hilton bombing: a bomb explodes in a refuse truck outside the Hilton Hotel in Sydney, Australia, killing two refuse collectors and a policeman.
- 1982Río Negro massacre in Guatemala.
- 1991Gulf War: Two laser-guided “smart bombs” destroy the Amiriyah shelter in Baghdad. Allied forces said the bunker was being used as a military communications outpost, but over 400 Iraqi civilians inside were killed.
Who were born on February 13?
- 1480Girolamo Aleandro, Italian Catholic cardinal (d. 1542)
- 1672Étienne François Geoffroy, French chemist (d. 1731)
- 1942Carol Lynley, American actress
- 1944Bo Svenson, Swedish-born actor
- 1944Oduvil Unnikrishnan, Indian actor (d. 2006)
- 1961Henry Rollins, American musician, comedian, and actor (Black Flag)
- 1961Kyi Hla Han, Burmese golfer
- 1962May Sweet, Burmese singer
- 1967Stanimir Stoilov, Bulgarian footballer and coach
- 1980Mark Watson, British comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.