February 15: Day of the Week
February 15, 2016 was the 46th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 320 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1637Ferdinand III becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1909The Flores Theater fire in Acapulco, Mexico kills 250.
- 1952King George VI is buried in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
- 1954Canada and the United States agree to construct the Distant Early Warning Line, a system of radar stations in the far northern Arctic regions of Canada and Alaska.
- 1961Sabena Flight 548 crashes in Belgium, killing 73, including the entire United States figure skating team, several coaches and family members.
- 1976The 1976 Constitution of Cuba is adopted by national referendum.
- 1982The drilling rig Ocean Ranger sinks during a storm off the coast of Newfoundland, killing 84 workers.
- 1989Soviet Union invasion of Afghanistan: The Soviet Union officially announces that all of its troops have left Afghanistan.
- 1991The Visegrád Agreement, establishing cooperation to move toward free-market systems, is signed by the leaders of Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland.
- 2037New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Snake in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 15?
- 1710King Louis XV of France (d. 1774)
- 1809André Dumont, Belgian geologist (d. 1857)
- 1840Titu Maiorescu, Romanian Prime Minister (d. 1917)
- 1929Graham Hill, English race car driver (d. 1975)
- 1929James Schlesinger, American politician, 12th United States Secretary of Defense, 9th Director of Central Intelligence, and 1st Secretary of Energy
- 1931Claire Bloom, British actress
- 1932Troy Kennedy Martin, Scottish film and television screenwriter (d. 2009)
- 1935Susan Brownmiller, American feminist writer
- 1947David Brown, American musician (Santana) (d. 2000)
- 1988Hironori Kusano, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.