February 20: Day of the Week
February 20, 2016 was the 51st day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 315 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1798Louis Alexandre Berthier removes Pope Pius VI from power.
- 1813Manuel Belgrano defeats the royalist army of Pío de Tristán during the Battle of Salta.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Olustee occurs – the largest battle fought in Florida during the war.
- 1873The University of California opens its first medical school in San Francisco, California.
- 1877Tchaikovsky’s ballet Swan Lake receives its première performance at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow.
- 1933Adolf Hitler secretly meets with German industrialists to arrange for financing of the Nazi Party’s upcoming election campaign.
- 1942Lieutenant Edward O'Hare becomes America’s first World War II flying ace.
- 1944World War II: The “Big Week” began with American bomber raids on German aircraft manufacturing centers.
- 1985New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1989An IRA bomb destroys a section of a British Army barracks in Ternhill, England
Who were born on February 20?
- 1745Henry James Pye, English poet (d. 1813)
- 1802Charles de Bériot, Belgian violinist (d. 1870)
- 1839Benjamin Waugh, social reformer; founder of the NSPCC (d. 1908)
- 1913Tommy Henrich, American baseball player (d. 2009)
- 1937Robert Huber, German chemist, Nobel laureate
- 1947Peter Strauss, American actor
- 1953Poison Ivy, American musician (The Cramps)
- 1969Tommy Vardell, American football player
- 1973Kimberley Davies, Australian actress
- 1975Liván Hernández, Cuban baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.