February 20: Day of the Week
February 20, 2016 was the 51st day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 315 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1547Edward VI of England is crowned King of England at Westminster Abbey.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Olustee occurs – the largest battle fought in Florida during the war.
- 1933The Congress of the United States proposes the Twenty-first Amendment to the United States Constitution that will end Prohibition in the United States.
- 1943The Saturday Evening Post publishes the first of Norman Rockwell’s Four Freedoms in support of United States President Franklin Roosevelt’s 1941 State of the Union address theme of Four Freedoms.
- 1943American movie studio executives agree to allow the Office of War Information to censor movies.
- 1985New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1987Unabomber: In Salt Lake City, a bomb explodes in a computer store.
- 1988The Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast votes to secede from Azerbaijan and join Armenia, triggering the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
- 2003During a Great White concert in West Warwick, Rhode Island, a pyrotechnics display sets the club ablaze, killing 100 and injuring over 200 others.
- 2005Spain becomes the first country to vote in a referendum on ratification of the proposed Constitution of the European Union, passing it by a substantial margin, but on a low turnout.
Who were born on February 20?
- 1844Joshua Slocum, Canadian seaman and adventurer (d. 1909)
- 1901Muhammad Naguib, President of Egypt (d. 1984)
- 1914John Daly, South African–born broadcaster (d. 2001)
- 1945Annu Kapoor, Indian actor
- 1947Eggert Magnusson, Icelandic football executive
- 1957Glen Hanlon, Canadian ice hockey coach
- 1972K-OS, Canadian musician/rapper
- 1974Ophelie Winter, French actress
- 1976Gail Kim, Canadian professional wrestler
- 1982Jason Hirsh, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.