February 20: Day of the Week
February 20, 2015 was the 51st day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 314 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1339The Milanese army and the St. George’s (San Giorgio) Mercenaries of Lodrisio Visconti clashed in the Battle of Parabiago.
- 1472Orkney and Shetland are pawned by Norway to Scotland in lieu of a dowry for Margaret of Denmark.
- 1813Manuel Belgrano defeats the royalist army of Pío de Tristán during the Battle of Salta.
- 1901The legislature of Hawaii Territory convenes for the first time.
- 1935Caroline Mikkelsen becomes the first woman to set foot in Antarctica.
- 1943The Saturday Evening Post publishes the first of Norman Rockwell’s Four Freedoms in support of United States President Franklin Roosevelt’s 1941 State of the Union address theme of Four Freedoms.
- 1962Mercury program: While aboard Friendship 7, John Glenn becomes the first American to orbit the earth, making three orbits in 4 hours, 55 minutes.
- 1985New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1998American figure skater Tara Lipinski becomes the youngest gold-medalist at the Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan.
- 2005Spain becomes the first country to vote in a referendum on ratification of the proposed Constitution of the European Union, passing it by a substantial margin, but on a low turnout.
Who were born on February 20?
- 1743Anna Laetitia Barbauld, English poet (d. 1825)
- 1888Georges Bernanos, French writer (d. 1948)
- 1914John Daly, South African–born broadcaster (d. 2001)
- 1926Richard Matheson, American author
- 1946J. Geils, American guitarist (The J. Geils Band)
- 1965Ron Eldard, American actor
- 1977Amal Hijazi, Lebanese singer and model
- 1981Chris Thile, American musician
- 1981Fred Jackson, American football player
- 1985Ryan Sweeney, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.