February 20: Day of the Week
February 20, 2017 was the 51st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 314 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1472Orkney and Shetland are pawned by Norway to Scotland in lieu of a dowry for Margaret of Denmark.
- 1547Edward VI of England is crowned King of England at Westminster Abbey.
- 1792The Postal Service Act, establishing the United States Post Office Department, is signed by President George Washington.
- 1873The University of California opens its first medical school in San Francisco, California.
- 1901The legislature of Hawaii Territory convenes for the first time.
- 1920New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1931The Congress of the United States approves the construction of the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Bridge by the state of California.
- 1943American movie studio executives agree to allow the Office of War Information to censor movies.
- 1952Emmett Ashford becomes the first African-American umpire in organized baseball by being authorized to be a substitute umpire in the Southwestern International League.
- 1989An IRA bomb destroys a section of a British Army barracks in Ternhill, England
Who were born on February 20?
- 1880Jacques d'Adelswärd-Fersen, French aristocrat and novelist (d. 1923)
- 1927Ibrahim Ferrer, Cuban musician (Buena Vista Social Club) (d. 2005)
- 1937Robert Huber, German chemist, Nobel laureate
- 1945Annu Kapoor, Indian actor
- 1950Walter Becker, American guitarist (Steely Dan)
- 1954Jon Brant, American musician (Cheap Trick)
- 1963Jon Lynn Christensen, former Nebraska Congressman
- 1971Jari Litmanen, Finnish footballer
- 1981Tony Hibbert, English footballer
- 1985Ryan Sweeney, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.