February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2016 was the 37th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 329 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1649The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland is declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- 1685James II of England and VII of Scotland becomes King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- 1778American Revolutionary War: In Paris the Treaty of Alliance and the Treaty of Amity and Commerce are signed by the United States and France signaling official recognition of the new republic.
- 1788Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1820The first 86 African American immigrants sponsored by the American Colonization Society started a settlement in present-day Liberia.
- 1833Otto becomes the first modern King of Greece.
- 1840Signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, establishing New Zealand as a British colony.
- 1913New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1959At Cape Canaveral, Florida, the first successful test firing of a Titan intercontinental ballistic missile is accomplished.
- 1996Willamette Valley Flood of 1996: Floods in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, United States, causes over US$500 million in property damage throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1605Bernard of Corleone, Catholic saint (d. 1667)
- 1753Évariste de Parny, French poet (d. 1814)
- 1843Inoue Kowashi, Japanese statesman (d. 1895)
- 1872Robert Maillart, Swiss bridge engineer (d. 1940)
- 1883Dmitry Pavlovich Grigorovich, Russian aircraft designer (d. 1938)
- 1894Kirpal Singh, Indian religious figure (d. 1974)
- 1929Colin Murdoch, New Zealand pharmacist, inventor of the tranquilliser gun (d. 2008)
- 1979Reentko, German musician and composer
- 1980Mamiko Noto, Japanese seiyu
- 1982Alice Eve, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.