February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2016 was the 37th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 329 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1685James II of England and VII of Scotland becomes King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- 1788Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1806Battle of San Domingo British naval victory against the French in the Caribbean.
- 1833Otto becomes the first modern King of Greece.
- 1843The first minstrel show in the United States, The Virginia Minstrels, opens (Bowery Amphitheatre in New York City).
- 1862American Civil War: The U.S. Navy gives the Union its first victory of the war, capturing Fort Henry, Tennesseein the Battle of Fort Henry.
- 191430 000 Swedish peasants from all over the country, who have travelled to Stockholm, carry out a huge protest march, which will be known as Bondetåget, to the Royal Palace in Stockholm, to show their support for King Gustaf V and his attempts to exercise personal power as a monarch. In the court yard, the king holds the so-called Court yard speech (Swedish Borggårdstalet, which crown prince Gustaf Adolf recites outside the castle to those, who do not get room at the court yard), where the king puts forth his opinion about the Swedish armed defence propagating that it should be strong, contrary to the official policy of Swedish prime minister Karl Staaff and his government of disarmament. This triggers a political crisis (the so-called Courtyard Crisis; Swedish Borggårdskrisen) and despite the fact that 50 000 workers two days later carry out a counter demonstration (the so-called Workers’ march), supporting the government, Karl Staaff is forced to resign on February 17. This is the last time the Swedish monarch tries to exercise any political power and from now on, the Swedish monarchs accept parliamentarism and abstain from claiming any political powers, even if they are not formally abolished until 1975, when the new Swedish instrument of government comes into effect.
- 1959At Cape Canaveral, Florida, the first successful test firing of a Titan intercontinental ballistic missile is accomplished.
- 1959Jack Kilby of Texas Instruments files the first patent for an integrated circuit.
- 2027New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Sheep in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1582Mario Bettinus, Italian philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (d. 1657)
- 1818William M. Evarts, American lawyer and statesman (d. 1901)
- 1929Oscar Sambrano Urdaneta, Venezuelan writer
- 1931Ricardo Vidal, Filipino Roman Catholic Cardinal
- 1944Michael Tucker, American actor
- 1949Mike Batt, British composer
- 1950Natalie Cole, American singer
- 1951Margo O'Donnell, Irish singer
- 1963Kevin Trudeau, American entrepreneur
- 1969Tim Sherwood, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.