February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2017 was the 37th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1815New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to John Stevens.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles founds Singapore.
- 1820The first 86 African American immigrants sponsored by the American Colonization Society started a settlement in present-day Liberia.
- 1900The international arbitration court at The Hague is created when the Senate of the Netherlands ratifies an 1899 peace conference decree.
- 1913New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1934Far right leagues rally in front of the Palais Bourbon in an attempted coup against the French Third Republic, creating a political crisis in France.
- 1951The Broker, a Pennsylvania Railroad passenger train derails near Woodbridge Township, New Jersey. The accident kills 85 people and injures over 500 more. The wreck is one of the worst rail disasters in American history.
- 1952Elizabeth II becomes the first queen regnant of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth Realms since Queen Victoria upon the death of her father, George VI. At the exact moment of succession, she was in a treehouse at the Treetops Hotel in Kenya.
- 1978The Blizzard of 1978, one of the worst Nor'easters in New England history, hit the region, with sustained winds of 65 mph and snowfall of 4\" an hour.
- 1996Willamette Valley Flood of 1996: Floods in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, United States, causes over US$500 million in property damage throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1605Bernard of Corleone, Catholic saint (d. 1667)
- 1695Nicolaus II Bernoulli, Swiss mathematician (d. 1726)
- 1843Frederic William Henry Myers, English poet and essayist (d. 1901)
- 1931Rip Torn, American actor
- 1934Bernard Erhard, American voice actor (d. 2000)
- 1936Kent Douglas, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2009)
- 1944Willie Tee, American singer and songwriter (d. 2007)
- 1975Orkut Büyükkökten, Turkish software engineer
- 1985Kris Humphries, American basketball player
- 1989Craig Cathcart, Irish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.