February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2017 was the 37th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1649The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland is declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- 1685James II of England and VII of Scotland becomes King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- 1815New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to John Stevens.
- 1899Spanish-American War: The Treaty of Paris, a peace treaty between the United States and Spain, is ratified by the United States Senate.
- 1933The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, establishing the beginning and ending of the terms of the elected federal offices, goes into effect.
- 1952Elizabeth II becomes the first queen regnant of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth Realms since Queen Victoria upon the death of her father, George VI. At the exact moment of succession, she was in a treehouse at the Treetops Hotel in Kenya.
- 1959At Cape Canaveral, Florida, the first successful test firing of a Titan intercontinental ballistic missile is accomplished.
- 1970New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- 1981The National Resistance Army of Uganda launches an attack on a Ugandan Army installation in the central Mubende District to begin the Ugandan Bush War.
- 1998Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1818William M. Evarts, American lawyer and statesman (d. 1901)
- 1829Joseph Auguste Émile Vaudremer, French architect (d. 1914)
- 1847Henry Janeway Hardenbergh, American architect (d. 1918)
- 1879Magnús Guðmundsson, Icelandic politician (d. 1937)
- 1897Louis Buchalter, American organized crime figure (d. 1944)
- 1916John Crank, British mathematician (d. 2006)
- 1932François Truffaut, French film director (d. 1984)
- 1939Mike Farrell, American actor
- 1967Izumi Sakai, Japanese singer (Zard) (d. 2007)
- 1969Tim Sherwood, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.