February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2017 is the 37th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1685James II of England and VII of Scotland becomes King upon the death of his brother Charles II.
- 1806Battle of San Domingo British naval victory against the French in the Caribbean.
- 1815New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to John Stevens.
- 1833Otto becomes the first modern King of Greece.
- 1862American Civil War: The U.S. Navy gives the Union its first victory of the war, capturing Fort Henry, Tennesseein the Battle of Fort Henry.
- 1933The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, establishing the beginning and ending of the terms of the elected federal offices, goes into effect.
- 1934Far right leagues rally in front of the Palais Bourbon in an attempted coup against the French Third Republic, creating a political crisis in France.
- 1951New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1976In testimony before a United States Senate subcommittee, Lockheed Corporation president Carl Kotchian admits that the company had paid out approximately million in bribes to the office of Japanese Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka.
- 1981The National Resistance Army of Uganda launches an attack on a Ugandan Army installation in the central Mubende District to begin the Ugandan Bush War.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1347Dorothea of Montau, Catholic saint (d. 1394)
- 1721Christian Friedrich Heinecken, German child prodigy (d. 1725)
- 1736Franz Xaver Messerschmidt, German-Austrian sculptor (d. 1783)
- 1772Sir George Murray, Scottish soldier and politician (d. 1830)
- 1796John Stevens Henslow, English botanist and geologist (d. 1861)
- 1830Daniel Oliver, British botanist (d. 1916)
- 1895Babe Ruth, American baseball player (d. 1948)
- 1945Bob Marley, Jamaican musician (d. 1981)
- 1971Carlos Rogers, American basketball player
- 1985Joji Kato, Japanese speedskater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.