February 6: Day of the Week
February 6, 2015 was the 37th day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1649The claimant King Charles II of England and Scotland is declared King of Great Britain, by the Parliament of Scotland. This move was not followed by the Parliament of England nor the Parliament of Ireland.
- 1778American Revolutionary War: In Paris the Treaty of Alliance and the Treaty of Amity and Commerce are signed by the United States and France signaling official recognition of the new republic.
- 1820The first 86 African American immigrants sponsored by the American Colonization Society started a settlement in present-day Liberia.
- 1862American Civil War: The U.S. Navy gives the Union its first victory of the war, capturing Fort Henry, Tennesseein the Battle of Fort Henry.
- 1899Spanish-American War: The Treaty of Paris, a peace treaty between the United States and Spain, is ratified by the United States Senate.
- 1913New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1918British women over the age of 30 get the right to vote.
- 1933The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, establishing the beginning and ending of the terms of the elected federal offices, goes into effect.
- 1958Eight Manchester United F.C. players are killed in the Munich air disaster.
- 1998Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.
Who were born on February 6?
- 1608Antonio Vieira, Portuguese writer (d. 1697)
- 1639Daniel Georg Morhof, German writer and scholar (d. 1691)
- 1736Franz Xaver Messerschmidt, German-Austrian sculptor (d. 1783)
- 1843Inoue Kowashi, Japanese statesman (d. 1895)
- 1866Karl Sapper, German explorer and linguist (d. 1945)
- 1899Ramón Novarro, Mexican actor (d. 1968)
- 1936J. Howard Marshall III, American businessman
- 1962Stavros Lambrinidis, Greek politician
- 1980Kim Poirier, Canadian actress
- 1982Alice Eve, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.