January 22: Day of the Week
January 22, 2017 was the 22nd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 343 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 22 Historical Event(s)
- 565Eutychius is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople by John Scholasticus.
- 1824The Ashantis defeat British forces in the Gold Coast.
- 1849Second Anglo-Sikh War: The Siege of Multan ends after nine months when the last Sikh defenders of Multan, Punjab, surrender.
- 1877Arthur Tooth, an Anglican clergyman is taken into custody after being prosecuted for using ritualist practices.
- 1901Edward VII is proclaimed King after the death of his mother, Queen Victoria.
- 1905Bloody Sunday in St. Petersburg, beginning of the 1905 revolution.
- 1947KTLA, the first commercial television station west of the Mississippi River, begins operation in Hollywood, California.
- 1984The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during Super Bowl XVIII with its famous “1984” television commercial.
- 1991Gulf War: Three SCUDs and one Patriot missile hit Ramat Gan in Israel, injuring 96 people. Three elderly people die of heart attacks.
- 2042New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 22?
- 1729Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, German author and philosopher (d. 1781)
- 1916Bill Durnan, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1972)
- 1924J. J. Johnson, American jazz trombonist and composer (d. 2001)
- 1939J.C. Tremblay, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1994)
- 1945Arthur Beetson, Australian rugby league footballer and coach (d. 2011)
- 1951Steve J. Spears, Australian playwright, actor, writer and singer (d. 2007)
- 1965DJ Jazzy Jeff, American rapper and actor
- 1975Felipe Giaffone, Brazilian racing driver
- 1984Ben Eager, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1993Rio Haryanto, Indonesian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.