January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2017 was the 29th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your career today? Get the Career Analysis Report and get insights about your professional working life. Find out the circumstances that shape your professional life to improve your earning power. Start to seize career opportunities today! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 904Sergius III comes out of retirement to take over the papacy from the deposed antipope Christopher.
- 1814France defeats Russia and Prussia in the Battle of Brienne.
- 1850Henry Clay introduces the Compromise of 1850 to the U.S. Congress.
- 1916World War I: Paris is first bombed by German zeppelins.
- 1936The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1944World War II: Approximately 38 men, women, and children die in the Koniuchy massacre in Poland.
- 1967The “ultimate high” of the hippie era, the Mantra-Rock Dance, takes place in San Francisco and features Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, and Allen Ginsberg.
- 1996President Jacques Chirac announces a “definitive end” to French nuclear weapons testing.
- 2001Thousands of student protesters in Indonesia storm parliament and demand that President Abdurrahman Wahid resign due to alleged involvement in corruption scandals.
- 2025New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Snake in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1866Julio Peris Brell, Spanish painter (d. 1944)
- 1955Eddie Jordan, American basketball player and head coach
- 1958Linda Smith, British comedian (d. 2006)
- 1964Anna Ryder Richardson, British interior designer and television presenter
- 1968Sora Jung, Korean actress
- 1968Susi Erdmann, German bobsledder and luger
- 1969Hyde, Japanese singer (L'Arc-en-Ciel)
- 1979April Scott, American actress and model
- 1980Ingimundur Ingimundarson, Icelandic handball player
- 1982Heidi Mueller, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.