January 29: Day of the Week
January 29, 2017 was the 29th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 336 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1814France defeats Russia and Prussia in the Battle of Brienne.
- 1834US President Andrew Jackson orders first use of federal soldiers to suppress a labor dispute.
- 1861Kansas is admitted as the 34th U.S. state.
- 1900The American League is organized in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with 8 founding teams.
- 1903New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1936The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
- 1979Brenda Spencer kills two people and wounds eight at the Grover Cleveland Elementary School shootings.
- 1985Final recording session of We Are The World, by the supergroup USA for Africa.
- 1991Gulf War: The Battle of Khafji, the first major ground engagement of the war, as well as its deadliest, begins.
- 1996President Jacques Chirac announces a “definitive end” to French nuclear weapons testing.
Who were born on January 29?
- 1866Romain Rolland, French writer, Nobel Laureate (d. 1944)
- 1954Terry Kinney, American actor
- 1957Grazyna Miller, Italian poet, translator, and journalist
- 1959Mike Foligno, Sudbury, Ontario, CAN
- 1964Anna Ryder Richardson, British interior designer and television presenter
- 1971Clare Balding, British sports presenter
- 1975Sara Gilbert, American actress
- 1979Andreas Thorstensson, Swedish website developer
- 1981Darío Lopilato, Argentine actor
- 1985Marc Gasol, Spanish basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.