March 10: Day of the Week
March 10, 2017 was the 69th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 296 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1735An agreement between Nadir Shah and Russia is signed near Ganja and Russian troops are withdrawn from Baku.
- 1804Louisiana Purchase: In St. Louis, Missouri, a formal ceremony is conducted to transfer ownership of the Louisiana Territory from France to the United States.
- 1814Napoleon I of France is defeated at the Battle of Laon in France.
- 1861El Hadj Umar Tall seizes the city of Ségou, destroying the Bambara Empire of Mali.
- 1864American Civil War: The Red River Campaign begins as Union troops reach Alexandria, Louisiana.
- 1909By signing the Anglo-Siamese Treaty of 1909, Thailand relinquishes its sovereignty over the Malay states of Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis and Terengganu, which become British protectorates.
- 1917Batangas is formally founded as one of the Philippines’s earliest encomiendas.
- 1922Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in India, tried for sedition, and sentenced to six years in prison, only to be released after nearly two years for an appendicitis operation.
- 1968Vietnam War: Battle of Lima Site 85, concluding the 11th with largest single ground combat loss of United States Air Force members (12) during that war.
- 2005Tung Chee Hwa resigns from his post as the first Chief Executive of Hong Kong after widespread public dissatisfaction of his tenure.
Who were born on March 10?
- 1536Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, English politician (d. 1572)
- 1628Marcello Malpighi, Italian physician (d. 1694)
- 1787Francisco de Paula Martinez de la Rosa, Spanish statesman and dramatist (d. 1862)
- 1875Alexander Goldenweiser, Russian pianist, teacher, and composer (d. 1961)
- 1917Frank Perconte, American sergeant.
- 1928Sara Montiel, Spanish actress and singer
- 1949Bill Buxton, Canadian computer scientist and designer
- 1961Pam Oliver, American sportscaster
- 1971Jon Hamm, American actor
- 1978Benjamin Burnley, American musician (Breaking Benjamin)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.