March 19: Day of the Week
March 19, 2017 is the 78th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 287 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
It’s uncommon for the March equinox to fall on this day. The last time it did was in 1796 and the next will be in 2044.
March 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1812The Cádiz Cortes promulgates the Spanish Constitution of 1812.
- 1863The SS Georgiana, said to have been the most powerful Confederate cruiser, is destroyed on her maiden voyage with a cargo of munitions, medicines and merchandise then valued at over $1,000,000.
- 1918The U.S. Congress establishes time zones and approves daylight saving time.
- 1920The United States Senate rejects the Treaty of Versailles for the second time (the first time was on November 19, 1919).
- 1921Italian Fascists shoot from the Parenzana train at a group of children in Strunjan (Slovenia): two children are killed, two mangled and three wounded.
- 1931Gambling is legalized in Nevada.
- 1944World War II: Nazi forces occupy Hungary.
- 1945World War II: Adolf Hitler issues his “Nero Decree” ordering all industries, military installations, shops, transportation facilities and communications facilities in Germany to be destroyed.
- 1982Falklands War: Argentinian forces land on South Georgia Island, precipitating war with the United Kingdom.
- 2003United States President George W. Bush orders the start of war against Iraq.
Who were born on March 19?
- 1891Earl Warren, American politician and jurist; 30th Governor of California; and 14th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1974)
- 1905Albert Speer, German architect (d. 1981)
- 1923Henry Morgentaler, Canadian gynecologist
- 1928Patrick McGoohan, American actor (d. 2009)
- 1955Simon Yam, Hong Kong actor
- 1962Jim Korderas, American professional wrestling referee
- 1973Simmone Jade Mackinnon, Australian actress
- 1982Eduardo Saverin, Brazilian entrepreneur
- 1985E. J. Viso, Venezuelan racing driver
- 1987Michal Švec, Czech footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.