March 7: Day of the Week
March 7, 2017 was the 66th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 299 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 7 Historical Event(s)
- 161Emperor Antoninus Pius dies and is succeeded by his adoptive sons Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte captures Jaffa in Palestine and his troops proceed to kill more than 2,000 Albanian captives.
- 1814Emperor Napoleon I of France wins the Battle of Craonne.
- 1900The German liner SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse becomes the first ship to send wireless signals to shore.
- 1912Roald Amundsen announces that his expedition had reached the South Pole on December 14, 1911.
- 1914Prince William of Wied arrives in Albania to begin his reign.
- 1945World War II: American troops seize the Ludendorff Bridge over the Rhine River at Remagen.
- 1950Cold War: The Soviet Union issues a statement denying that Klaus Fuchs served as a Soviet spy.
- 2006The terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba coordinates a series of bombings in Varanasi, India.
- 2007The British House of Commons votes to make the upper chamber, the House of Lords, 100% elected.
Who were born on March 7?
- 1715Ephraim Williams, American philanthropist (d. 1755)
- 1730Baron de Breteuil, French statesman (d. 1807)
- 1946Peter Wolf, American musician (The J. Geils Band)
- 1969Massimo Lotti, Italian footballer
- 1969Warrel Dane, American singer (Nevermore)
- 1971Peter Sarsgaard, American actor
- 1972Maxim Roy, Quebec actress
- 1977Paul Cattermole, British singer, actor and member of pop group S Club
- 1980Éric Godard, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Andre Fluellen, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.