March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2017 was the 67th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1010Ferdowsi completes his Shāhnāmeh.
- 1126Following the death of his mother Urraca, Alfonso VII is proclaimed king of Castile and León.
- 1618Johannes Kepler discovers the third law of planetary motion.
- 1775An anonymous writer, thought by some to be Thomas Paine, publishes “African Slavery in America”, the first article in the American colonies calling for the emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery.
- 1920The Arab Kingdom of Syria, the first modern Arab state to come into existence, is established.
- 1936Daytona Beach Road Course holds its first oval stock car race.
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1957Ghana joins the United Nations.
- 1963The Ba'ath Party comes to power in Syria in a coup d'état by a clique of quasi-leftist Syrian Army officers calling themselves the National Council of the Revolutionary Command.
- 1978The first radio episode of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams, is transmitted on BBC Radio 4.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1748William V of Orange, Stadtholder of the Dutch Republic (d. 1806)
- 1783Hannah Van Buren, wife of Martin Van Buren (d. 1819)
- 1814Ede Szigligeti, Hungarian dramatist (d. 1878)
- 1847John Lister, English politician (d. 1933)
- 1912Preston Smith, America politician, 40th Governor of Texas (d. 2003)
- 1922Ralph H. Baer, German-born American inventor
- 1945Anselm Kiefer, German painter
- 1961Mark Salas, American baseball player
- 1976Gaz Coombes, English singer (Supergrass)
- 1980Stephen Milne, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.