March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2017 was the 67th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1010Ferdowsi completes his Shāhnāmeh.
- 1126Following the death of his mother Urraca, Alfonso VII is proclaimed king of Castile and León.
- 1777Regiments from Ansbach and Bayreuth, sent to support Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War, mutiny in the town of Ochsenfurt.
- 1921Spanish Premier Eduardo Dato Iradier is assassinated while exiting the parliament building in Madrid.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1957The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
- 1966A bomb planted by young Irish protesters destroys Nelson’s Pillar in Dublin.
- 1983President Ronald Reagan calls the Soviet Union an “evil empire”.
- 2004A new constitution is signed by Iraq’s Governing Council.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1799Simon Cameron, 26th U.S. Secretary of War (d. 1889)
- 1922Yevgeny Matveyev, Russian actor and film director (d. 2003)
- 1933Luca Ronconi, Italian theater and opera director
- 1937Richard Farina, American folksinger (d. 1966)
- 1938Bruno Pizzul, Italian sports journalist
- 1940Susan Clark, Canadian actress
- 1944Palito Ortega, Argentine singer and actor
- 1944Sergey Nikitin, Russian composer
- 1976Freddie Prinze Jr., American actor
- 1981Timothy Jordan II, American musician (The All American Rejects, Jonezetta) (d. 2005)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.