March 8: Day of the Week
March 8, 2017 was the 67th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 298 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1010Ferdowsi completes his Shāhnāmeh.
- 1126Following the death of his mother Urraca, Alfonso VII is proclaimed king of Castile and León.
- 1736Nader Shah, founder of the Afsharid dynasty, is crowned Shah of Iran.
- 1917The United States Senate votes to limit filibusters by adopting the cloture rule.
- 1942World War II: The Dutch surrender to Japanese forces on Java.
- 1957Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
- 1963The Ba'ath Party comes to power in Syria in a coup d'état by a clique of quasi-leftist Syrian Army officers calling themselves the National Council of the Revolutionary Command.
- 1979Philips demonstrates the Compact Disc publicly for the first time.
- 1999The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the murder convictions of Timothy McVeigh for the Oklahoma City bombing.
- 2004A new constitution is signed by Iraq’s Governing Council.
Who were born on March 8?
- 1714Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, German composer (d. 1788)
- 1947Florentino Pérez, Spanish football executive
- 1953Jim Rice, American baseball player
- 1954David Wilkie, Scottish swimmer
- 1959Lester Holt, American television journalist
- 1964Lance McCullers, American baseball player
- 1968Shawn Mullins, American musician
- 1976Freddie Prinze Jr., American actor
- 1978Mohammed Bouyeri, Dutch-Moroccan assassin
- 1984Dave Moffatt, Canadian musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.