November 26: Day of the Week
November 26, 2017 is the 330th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 35 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
November 26 Historical Event(s)
- 783The Asturian queen Adosinda is put up in a monastery to prevent her kin from retaking the throne from Mauregatus.
- 1784The Catholic Apostolic Prefecture of the United States established.
- 1789A national Thanksgiving Day is observed in the United States as recommended by President George Washington and approved by Congress.
- 1909Sigma Alpha Mu is founded in the City College of New York by 8 Jewish young men.
- 1917The National Hockey League is formed, with the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators, Quebec Bulldogs, and Toronto Arenas as its first teams.
- 1944World War II: A German V-2 rocket hits a Woolworth’s shop on New Cross High Street, United Kingdom, killing 168 shoppers.
- 1968Vietnam War: United States Air Force helicopter pilot James P. Fleming rescues an Army Special Forces unit pinned down by Viet Cong fire and is later awarded the Medal of Honor.
- 1983Brink’s-MAT robbery: In London, 6,800 gold bars worth nearly £26 million are stolen from the Brink’s-MAT vault at Heathrow Airport.
- 1998Tony Blair becomes the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to address the Republic of Ireland’s parliament.
- 20082008 Mumbai attacks by Pakistan-sponsored Lashkar-e-Taiba
Who were born on November 26?
- 1889Albert Dieudonné, French actor and novelist (d. 1976)
- 1898Karl Ziegler, German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1973)
- 1899Bruno Hauptmann, German kidnapper of Charles Augustus Lindbergh III (d. 1936)
- 1915Earl Wild, American pianist (d. 2010)
- 1922Charles M. Schulz, American cartoonist (d. 2000)
- 1948Marianne Muellerleile, American actress
- 1949Juanin Clay, American actress (d. 1995)
- 1960Harold Reynolds, American baseball player
- 1963Adam Gaynor, American musician (Matchbox Twenty)
- 1967Ridley Jacobs, West Indian cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.