November 26: Day of the Week
November 26, 2016 is the 331st day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 35 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
November 26 Historical Event(s)
- 783The Asturian queen Adosinda is put up in a monastery to prevent her kin from retaking the throne from Mauregatus.
- 1784The Catholic Apostolic Prefecture of the United States established.
- 1842The University of Notre Dame is founded.
- 1865Battle of Papudo: A Spanish navy Schooner is defeated by a Chilean Corvette north of Valparaiso, Chile.
- 1909Sigma Alpha Mu is founded in the City College of New York by 8 Jewish young men.
- 1913Phi Sigma Sigma is founded at Hunter College in New York City.
- 1970In Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe, 1.5 inches (38.1 mm) of rain fall in a minute, the heaviest rainfall ever recorded.
- 1977'Vrillon', claiming to be the representative of the 'Ashtar Galactic Command', takes over Britain’s Southern Television for six minutes at 5:12 pm.
- 1998Tony Blair becomes the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to address the Republic of Ireland’s parliament.
- 20082008 Mumbai attacks by Pakistan-sponsored Lashkar-e-Taiba
Who were born on November 26?
- 1703Theophilus Cibber, English actor and writer (d. 1758)
- 1876Willis Carrier, American engineer and inventor (d. 1950)
- 1885Heinrich Brüning, German politician (d. 1970)
- 1910Cyril Cusack, Irish actor (d. 1993)
- 1912Eric Sevareid, American journalist (d. 1992)
- 1930Berthold Leibinger, German Entrepreneur and Philanthropist
- 1938Rich Little, Canadian comedian and actor
- 1940Enrico Bombieri, Italian mathematician
- 1973Peter Facinelli, American actor
- 1977Paris Lenon, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.