November 26: Day of the Week
November 26, 2017 is the 330th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 35 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
November 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1784The Catholic Apostolic Prefecture of the United States established.
- 1825At Union College in Schenectady, New York a group of college students form Kappa Alpha Society, the first college social fraternity.
- 1913Phi Sigma Sigma is founded at Hunter College in New York City.
- 1944World War II: A German V-2 rocket hits a Woolworth’s shop on New Cross High Street, United Kingdom, killing 168 shoppers.
- 1944World War II: Germany begins V-1 and V-2 attacks on Antwerp, Belgium.
- 1950Korean War: Troops from the People’s Republic of China launch a massive counterattack in North Korea against South Korean and United Nations forces (Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River and Battle of Chosin Reservoir), ending any hopes of a quick end to the conflict.
- 1965In the Hammaguir launch facility in the Sahara Desert, France launches a Diamant-A rocket with its first satellite, Asterix-1 on board, becoming the third country to enter outer space.
- 1983Brink’s-MAT robbery: In London, 6,800 gold bars worth nearly £26 million are stolen from the Brink’s-MAT vault at Heathrow Airport.
- 1998Tony Blair becomes the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to address the Republic of Ireland’s parliament.
- 2004Male Po'ouli (Black-faced honeycreeper) dies of Avian malaria in the Maui Bird Conservation Center in Olinda, Hawaii before it could breed, making the species in all probability extinct.
Who were born on November 26?
- 1853Bat Masterson, American Old West figure (d. 1921)
- 1857Ferdinand de Saussure, Swiss linguist (d. 1913)
- 1907Ruth Patrick, American botanist
- 1931Adrianus Johannes Simonis, Dutch Cardinal Archbishop of Utrecht
- 1940Enrico Bombieri, Italian mathematician
- 1956Dale Jarrett, American race car driver
- 1970Dave Hughes, Australian comedian
- 1972Chris Osgood, Canadian hockey player
- 1978Matthew Taylor, American bassist (Motion City Soundtrack)
- 1994Erena Ono, Japanese singer (AKB48)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.