April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2017 was the 103rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1796The first elephant ever seen in the United States arrives from India.
- 1829The British Parliament grants freedom of religion to Roman Catholics.
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1868The Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala.
- 1919Eugene V. Debs enters prison at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
- 1948The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1972Vietnam War: The Battle of An Lộc begins.
- 1974Western Union (in cooperation with NASA and Hughes Aircraft) launches the United States’ first commercial geosynchronous communications satellite, Westar 1.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1573Christina of Holstein-Gottorp, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1625)
- 1732Frederick North, Lord North, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1792)
- 1922Julius Nyerere, Tanzanian First President and Father of the Nation (d. 1999)
- 1940Mike Beuttler, British racing driver (d. 1988)
- 1942Bill Conti, American composer
- 1952David Drew, British politician
- 1957Saundra Santiago, American actress
- 1964Davis Love III, Professional Golfer
- 1976Glenn Howerton, American actor
- 1976Valentina Cervi, Italian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.