April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2019 was the 103rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1256The Grand Union of the Augustinian order formed when Pope Alexander IV issues a papal bull Licet ecclesiae catholicae.
- 1612Miyamoto Musashi defeats Sasaki Kojiro at Funajima island.
- 1861American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces.
- 1902James C. Penney opens his first store in Kemmerer, Wyoming.
- 1919The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1958During the Cold War, American Van Cliburn wins the inaugural International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
- 1972Vietnam War: The Battle of An Lộc begins.
- 1987Portugal and the People’s Republic of China sign an agreement in which Macau would be returned to China in 1999.
- 1997Tiger Woods becomes the youngest golfer to win the Masters Tournament.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1771Richard Trevithick, English engineer and inventor (d. 1833)
- 1916Phyllis Fraser Cerf Wagner, American actress, journalist, and publisher (d. 2006)
- 1917Robert O. Anderson, American businessman (d. 2007)
- 1919Howard Keel, American actor, singer, and president of the Screen Actors Guild (d. 2004)
- 1919Roland Gaucher, French journalist (d. 2007)
- 1933Ben Nighthorse Campbell, U.S. politician
- 1935Lyle Waggoner, American actor
- 1978James Jordan, English professional ballroom dancer
- 1982Jill Vidal, Hong Kong singer
- 1983Schalk Burger, South African rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.