April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2019 was the 103rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Erma’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots. (Edict repealed in 1685.)
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1873The Colfax Massacre takes place.
- 1919The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1943World War II: The discovery of a mass grave of Polish prisoners of war executed by Soviet forces in the Katyń Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government in exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
- 1945World War II: German troops kill more than 1,000 political and military prisoners in Gardelegen Germany.
- 1945World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1970An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the spacecraft while en route to the Moon.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1735Isaac Low, delegate to the Continental Congress (d. 1791)
- 1771Richard Trevithick, English engineer and inventor (d. 1833)
- 1802Leopold Fitzinger, Austrian zoologist (d. 1884)
- 1880Charles Christie, Canadian film studio owner (d. 1955)
- 1920Roberto Calvi, Italian banker (d. 1982)
- 1946Al Green, American singer and pastor
- 1960Rudi Völler, German football coach
- 1974Sergei Gonchar, Russian ice hockey player
- 1982Jill Vidal, Hong Kong singer
- 1987Brandon Hardesty, American internet entertainer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.