April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2018 was the 103rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots. (Edict repealed in 1685.)
- 1612Miyamoto Musashi defeats Sasaki Kojiro at Funajima island.
- 1868The Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala.
- 1941Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1974Western Union (in cooperation with NASA and Hughes Aircraft) launches the United States’ first commercial geosynchronous communications satellite, Westar 1.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
- 1992The Great Chicago Flood.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1917Robert O. Anderson, American businessman (d. 2007)
- 1919Madalyn Murray O'Hair, American atheist activist (d. 1995)
- 1920Claude Cheysson, French politician
- 1926Ellie Lambeti, Greek actress (d. 1983)
- 1939Paul Sorvino, American actor
- 1946Al Green, American singer and pastor
- 1957Gary Kroeger, American actor
- 1966Marc Ford, American musician
- 1971Valensia, Dutch singer
- 1978Carles Puyol, Catalan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.