April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2019 was the 103rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Melinda’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1204Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 1256The Grand Union of the Augustinian order formed when Pope Alexander IV issues a papal bull Licet ecclesiae catholicae.
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1829The British Parliament grants freedom of religion to Roman Catholics.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1974Western Union (in cooperation with NASA and Hughes Aircraft) launches the United States’ first commercial geosynchronous communications satellite, Westar 1.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
- 1987Portugal and the People’s Republic of China sign an agreement in which Macau would be returned to China in 1999.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1764Laurent, Marquis de Gouvion Saint-Cyr, French marshal (d. 1830)
- 1769Thomas Lawrence, English painter (d. 1830)
- 1771Richard Trevithick, English engineer and inventor (d. 1833)
- 1920Roberto Calvi, Italian banker (d. 1982)
- 1933Ben Nighthorse Campbell, U.S. politician
- 1955Ole von Beust, Mayor of Hamburg
- 1957Saundra Santiago, American actress
- 1967Olga Tañón, Puerto Rican singer
- 1973Bokeem Woodbine, American actor
- 1982Janice Vidal, Hong Kong singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.