April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2021 was the 103rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XJAPAUSPDHO? Check your answers here: Words with these letters XJAPAUSPDHO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1613Samuel Argall kidnaps Chief Powhatan’s daughter, Pocahontas in Virginia along the Potomac River.
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1829The British Parliament grants freedom of religion to Roman Catholics.
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1861American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces.
- 1943World War II: The discovery of a mass grave of Polish prisoners of war executed by Soviet forces in the Katyń Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government in exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
- 1992The Great Chicago Flood.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1715John Hanson, President of the United States in Congress Assembled (d. 1783)
- 1880Charles Christie, Canadian film studio owner (d. 1955)
- 1909Stanislaw Marcin Ulam, Polish mathematician (d. 1984)
- 1928Alan Clark, English politician (d. 1999)
- 1933Ben Nighthorse Campbell, U.S. politician
- 1937Lanford Wilson, American playwright (d. 2011)
- 1941Michael Stuart Brown, American geneticist, Nobel laureate
- 1962Hillel Slovak, Israeli-born guitarist (d. 1988)
- 1970Szilveszter Csollány, Hungarian gymnast
- 1980Jana Cova, Czech pornographic actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.