April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2019 was the 103rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1204Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 1796The first elephant ever seen in the United States arrives from India.
- 1919Eugene V. Debs enters prison at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
- 1919Jallianwala Bagh massacre: British troops massacre at least 379 unarmed demonstrators in Amritsar, India. At least 1200 wounded.
- 1941Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1945World War II: German troops kill more than 1,000 political and military prisoners in Gardelegen Germany.
- 1945World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- 1974Western Union (in cooperation with NASA and Hughes Aircraft) launches the United States’ first commercial geosynchronous communications satellite, Westar 1.
- 1992The Great Chicago Flood.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1769Thomas Lawrence, English painter (d. 1830)
- 1832Juan Montalvo, Ecuadoran author (d. 1889)
- 1850Arthur Matthew Weld Downing, British astronomer (d. 1917)
- 1875Ray Lyman Wilbur, 31st United States Secretary of the Interior and 3rd President of Stanford University (d. 1949)
- 1902Philippe de Rothschild, French race car driver and wine grower (d. 1988)
- 1944Charles Burnett, American film director
- 1949Frank Doran, Scottish politician
- 1970Ricardo Rincon, Mexican baseball player
- 1973Bokeem Woodbine, American actor
- 1979Meghann Shaughnessy, American tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.