April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2020 is the 104th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Christine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots. (Edict repealed in 1685.)
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1870The Metropolitan Museum of Art founded.
- 1902James C. Penney opens his first store in Kemmerer, Wyoming.
- 1941Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
- 1943World War II: The discovery of a mass grave of Polish prisoners of war executed by Soviet forces in the Katyń Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government in exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
- 1972The Universal Postal Union decides to recognize the People’s Republic of China as the only legitimate Chinese representative, effectively expelling the Republic of China administering Taiwan.
- 1972Vietnam War: The Battle of An Lộc begins.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1506Peter Faber, French Jesuit theologian (d. 1546)
- 1573Christina of Holstein-Gottorp, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1625)
- 1852F.W. Woolworth, American businessman (d. 1919)
- 1902Marguerite Henry, American author
- 1904Sir David Robinson, British philanthropist and entrepreneur (d. 1987)
- 1911Ico Hitrec, Croatian footballer (d. 1946)
- 1931Dan Gurney, American race car driver and team owner
- 1939Paul Sorvino, American actor
- 1945Judy Nunn, Australian actress
- 1982Jill Vidal, Hong Kong singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.