April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2019 was the 103rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots. (Edict repealed in 1685.)
- 1776American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1909The Turkish military reverses the Ottoman countercoup of 1909 to force the deposal of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
- 1943World War II: The discovery of a mass grave of Polish prisoners of war executed by Soviet forces in the Katyń Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government in exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1958During the Cold War, American Van Cliburn wins the inaugural International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
- 1960The United States launches Transit 1-B, the world’s first satellite navigation system.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1771Richard Trevithick, English engineer and inventor (d. 1833)
- 1931Jon Stone, co-creator of Sesame Street (d. 1997)
- 1949Christopher Hitchens, English-born journalist, critic, and author (d. 2011)
- 1951Peabo Bryson, American singer
- 1952Erick Avari, British-Indian actor
- 1962Hillel Slovak, Israeli-born guitarist (d. 1988)
- 1965Patricio Pouchulu, Argentine architect
- 1966Marc Ford, American musician
- 1970Szilveszter Csollány, Hungarian gymnast
- 1987Massimiliano Pesenti, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.