April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2020 is the 104th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brayden’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1612Miyamoto Musashi defeats Sasaki Kojiro at Funajima island.
- 1919Jallianwala Bagh massacre: British troops massacre at least 379 unarmed demonstrators in Amritsar, India. At least 1200 wounded.
- 1919The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1941Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1948The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1974Western Union (in cooperation with NASA and Hughes Aircraft) launches the United States’ first commercial geosynchronous communications satellite, Westar 1.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1715John Hanson, President of the United States in Congress Assembled (d. 1783)
- 1808Antonio Meucci, Italian inventor (d. 1889)
- 1909Eudora Welty, American writer (d. 2001)
- 1911Ico Hitrec, Croatian footballer (d. 1946)
- 1920Liam Cosgrave, fifth Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland
- 1954Barbara Roche, British politician
- 1964Davis Love III, Professional Golfer
- 1976Glenn Howerton, American actor
- 1980Quentin Richardson, American basketball player
- 1984Hiro Mizushima, Japanese actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.