April 17: Day of the Week
April 17, 2022 is the 107th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 258 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EDOUNEZRCK? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EDOUNEZRCK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1397Geoffrey Chaucer tells the Canterbury Tales for the first time at the court of Richard II. Chaucer scholars have also identified this date (in 1387) the start of the book’s pilgrimage to Canterbury.
- 1524Giovanni da Verrazzano reaches New York harbor.
- 1797Citizens of Verona, Italy, begin an eight-day rebellion against the French occupying forces, which will end unsuccessfully.
- 1797Sir Ralph Abercromby attacks San Juan, Puerto Rico in what would be one of the largest invasions of the Spanish territories in America.
- 1912Russian troops open fire on striking goldfield workers in northeast Siberia, killing at least 150.
- 1942French prisoner of war General Henri Giraud escapes from his castle prison in Festung Königstein.
- 1945Brazilian forces liberate the town of Montese, Italy, from German Nazi forces.
- 1951The Peak District becomes the United Kingdom’s first National Park.
- 1961Bay of Pigs Invasion: A group of CIA financed and trained Cuban exiles lands at the Bay of Pigs in Cuba with the aim of ousting Fidel Castro.
- 1986The Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years’ War between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly ends.
Who were born on April 17?
- 1710Henry Erskine, 10th Earl of Buchan, British Freemason (d. 1767)
- 1940Anja Silja, German soprano
- 1948Jan Hammer, Czech composer
- 1967Liz Phair, American musician/songwriter
- 1972Jarkko Wiss, Finnish Footballer
- 1972Tony Boselli, American football player
- 1974Victoria Beckham, English singer (Spice Girls)
- 1976Aňa Geislerová, Czech actress
- 1978Loukas Louka, Greek-Cypriot footballer
- 1995Paulie Litt, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.