April 17: Day of the Week
April 17, 2019 is the 107th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 258 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1521Martin Luther speaks to the assembly at the Diet of Worms, refusing to recant his teachings.
- 1797Citizens of Verona, Italy, begin an eight-day rebellion against the French occupying forces, which will end unsuccessfully.
- 1897The Aurora, Texas UFO incident
- 1905The Supreme Court of the United States decides Lochner v. New York which holds that the “right to free contract” is implicit in the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
- 1942French prisoner of war General Henri Giraud escapes from his castle prison in Festung Königstein.
- 1944Forces of the Communist-controlled Greek People’s Liberation Army attack the smaller National and Social Liberation resistance group, which surrenders. Its leader Dimitrios Psarros is murdered.
- 1964Jerrie Mock becomes the first woman to circumnavigate the world by air.
- 1970Apollo program: The ill-fated Apollo 13 spacecraft returns to Earth safely.
- 1984Police Constable Yvonne Fletcher is killed by gunfire from the Libyan People’s Bureau in London during a small demonstration outside the embassy. Ten others are wounded. The events lead to an 11-day siege of the building.
- 1986The Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years’ War between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly ends.
Who were born on April 17?
- 1586John Ford, English dramatist
- 1884Leo Frank, American victim of lynching (d. 1915)
- 1911Lester Rodney, American journalist (d. 2009)
- 1925Erich Göstl, German War Hero (d. 1990)
- 1954Lester Square, Canadian musician
- 1957Susan Roman, Canadian voice actress
- 1973Kaihō Ryōji, Japanese sumo wrestler
- 1977Frederik Magle, Danish composer, organist and pianist
- 1978Loukas Louka, Greek-Cypriot footballer
- 1990Jonathan Brown, Welsh footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.