April 17: Day of the Week
April 17, 2021 is the 107th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 258 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carole’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1080King of Denmark Harald III dies and is succeeded by Canute IV, who would later be the first Dane to be canonized.
- 1521Martin Luther speaks to the assembly at the Diet of Worms, refusing to recant his teachings.
- 1555After 18 months of siege, Siena surrenders to the Florentine-Imperial army. The Republic of Siena is incorporated into the Grand Duchy of Tuscany.
- 1797Citizens of Verona, Italy, begin an eight-day rebellion against the French occupying forces, which will end unsuccessfully.
- 1912Russian troops open fire on striking goldfield workers in northeast Siberia, killing at least 150.
- 1941World War II: The Kingdom of Yugoslavia surrenders to Germany.
- 1969Sirhan Sirhan is convicted of assassinating Robert F. Kennedy.
- 1975The Cambodian Civil War ends. The Khmer Rouge captures the capital Phnom Penh and Cambodian government forces surrender.
- 1982Patriation of the Canadian constitution in Ottawa by Proclamation of Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada.
- 1984Police Constable Yvonne Fletcher is killed by gunfire from the Libyan People’s Bureau in London during a small demonstration outside the embassy. Ten others are wounded. The events lead to an 11-day siege of the building.
Who were born on April 17?
- 1598Giovanni Riccioli, Italian astronomer (d. 1671)
- 1865Ursula Julia Ledochowska, Polish-Austrian Catholic saint (d. 1939)
- 1947Linda Martin, Irish singer
- 1964Lela Rochon, American actress
- 1966Vikram, Indian actor
- 1967Henry Ian Cusick, Peruvian-born Scottish actor
- 1967Liz Phair, American musician/songwriter
- 1977Frederik Magle, Danish composer, organist and pianist
- 1979Siddharth Narayan, Indian actor
- 1983Andrea Marcato, Italian rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.