April 19: Day of the Week
April 19, 2021 is the 109th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 256 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IAEYMB? Check your answers here: Word scramble IAEYMB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1012Martyrdom of Ælfheah in Greenwich, London.
- 1587Francis Drake’s expedition sinks the Spanish fleet in Cádiz harbor.
- 1770Captain James Cook sights the eastern coast of what is now Australia.
- 1770Marie Antoinette marries Louis XVI in a proxy wedding.
- 1928The 125th and final fascicle of the Oxford English Dictionary is published.
- 1950Argentina becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1954The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan recognises Urdu and Bengali as the national languages of Pakistan.
- 1955The German automaker Volkswagen, after six years of selling cars in the United States, founds Volkswagen of America in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey to standardize its dealer and service network.
- 1989A gun turret explodes on the USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors.
- 1993South Dakota governor George Mickelson and seven others are killed when a state-owned aircraft crashes in Iowa.
Who were born on April 19?
- 1962Al Unser, Jr., American race car driver
- 1966Brett Gladman, Canadian astronomer
- 1969Susan Polgar, Hungarian-born American chess player
- 1976Ruud Jolie, Dutch guitarist (Within Temptation)
- 1976Scott Padgett, American basketball player
- 1978Gabriel Heinze, Argentinian footballer
- 1978James Franco, American actor
- 1979Matthew Pace, American entrepreneur
- 1981Martin Havlat, Czech hockey player
- 1986Candace Parker, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.