April 19: Day of the Week
April 19, 2021 was the 109th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 256 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TADOOMULSRPT? Check your answers here: Word solver TADOOMULSRPT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1855Visit of Napoleon III to Guildhall, London
- 1942World War II: In Poland, the Majdan-Tatarski ghetto is established, situated between the Lublin Ghetto and a Majdanek subcamp.
- 1954The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan recognises Urdu and Bengali as the national languages of Pakistan.
- 1955The German automaker Volkswagen, after six years of selling cars in the United States, founds Volkswagen of America in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey to standardize its dealer and service network.
- 1956Actress Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- 1971Sierra Leone becomes a republic, and Siaka Stevens the president.
- 1971Vietnam War: Vietnam Veterans Against the War begin a five-day demonstration in Washington, D.C.
- 1975India’s first satellite Aryabhata is launched.
- 1997The Red River Flood of 1997 overwhelms the city of Grand Forks, North Dakota. Fire breaks out and spreads in downtown Grand Forks, but high water levels hamper efforts to reach the fire, leading to the destruction of 11 buildings.
- 1999The German Bundestag returns to Berlin, the first German parliamentary body to meet there since the Reichstag was dissolved in 1945.
Who were born on April 19?
- 1665Jacques Lelong, French bibliographer (d. 1721)
- 1900Richard Hughes, English novelist (d. 1976)
- 1907Alan Wheatley, English actor (d. 1991)
- 1948Stuart McLean, Canadian radio host
- 1960Roger Merrett, Australian footballer
- 1976Scott Padgett, American basketball player
- 1979Kate Hudson, American actress
- 1981Martin Havlat, Czech hockey player
- 1983Zack Duke, American baseball player
- 1986Gabe Pruitt, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.