April 19: Day of the Week
April 19, 2021 is the 109th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 256 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZUYHSIA? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ZUYHSIA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1012Martyrdom of Ælfheah in Greenwich, London.
- 1587Francis Drake’s expedition sinks the Spanish fleet in Cádiz harbor.
- 1713With no living male heirs, Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, issues the Pragmatic Sanction of 1713 to ensure that Habsburg lands and the Austrian throne would be inherited by his daughter, Maria Theresa of Austria (not actually born until 1717).
- 1810Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparan, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- 1839The Treaty of London establishes Belgium as a kingdom.
- 1892Charles Duryea claims to have driven the first automobile in the United States, in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- 1943Bicycle Day – Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann deliberately takes LSD for the first time.
- 1954The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan recognises Urdu and Bengali as the national languages of Pakistan.
- 1989A gun turret explodes on the USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors.
- 1993South Dakota governor George Mickelson and seven others are killed when a state-owned aircraft crashes in Iowa.
Who were born on April 19?
- 1897Constance Talmadge, American actress (d. 1973)
- 1899George O'Brien, American actor (d. 1985)
- 1921Anna Lee Aldred, American first licenced female jockey (d. 2006)
- 1926Rawya Ateya, Egyptian politician and first female parliamentarian in the Arab world (d. 1997)
- 1942Bas Jan Ader, Dutch artist (disappeared 1975)
- 1961Spike Owen, American baseball player
- 1969Andrew Carnie, Linguistics professor at the University of Arizona
- 1975Jussi Jääskeläinen, Finnish footballer
- 1981Catalina Sandino Moreno, Colombian actress
- 1991Steve Cook, British footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.