April 19: Day of the Week
April 19, 2020 was the 110th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 256 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XAJUEVPYPX? Check your answers here: Unscramble words XAJUEVPYPX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1942World War II: In Poland, the Majdan-Tatarski ghetto is established, situated between the Lublin Ghetto and a Majdanek subcamp.
- 1945Diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Guatemala are established.
- 1948Burma (now Myanmar) joins the United Nations.
- 1956Actress Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- 1961The Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba ends in success for the defenders.
- 1985FBI siege on the compound of The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (CSAL) in Arkansas
- 1985U.S.S.R performs nuclear test at Eastern Kazakhstan/Semipalatinsk.
- 1989A gun turret explodes on the USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors.
- 1993The 51-day siege of the Branch Davidian building outside Waco, Texas, USA, ends when a fire breaks out. Eighty-one people die.
- 2005His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger is elected the 265th Pope of the Catholic Church following the death of Pope John Paul II. The new Pope takes on the regnal name Benedict XVI.
Who were born on April 19?
- 1665Jacques Lelong, French bibliographer (d. 1721)
- 1686Vasily Tatishchev, Russian statesman (d. 1750)
- 1897Constance Talmadge, American actress (d. 1973)
- 1928Alexis Korner, English musician (d. 1984)
- 1946Mary Jo Slater, American casting director
- 1951Jóannes Eidesgaard, Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands
- 1960Frank Viola, American baseball player
- 1978Gabriel Heinze, Argentinian footballer
- 1981Troy Polamalu, American football player
- 1983Alberto Callaspo, Venezuelan baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.