April 19: Day of the Week
April 19, 2021 was the 109th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 256 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RCLELBIKJA? Check your answers here: Word finder RCLELBIKJA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1810Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparan, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- 1861American Civil War: Baltimore riot of 1861: a pro-Secession mob in Baltimore, Maryland, attacks United States Army troops marching through the city.
- 1892Charles Duryea claims to have driven the first automobile in the United States, in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- 1927Mae West is sentenced to 10 days in jail for obscenity for her play Sex.
- 1943World War II: In Poland, German troops enter the Warsaw ghetto to round up the remaining Jews, beginning the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
- 1950Argentina becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1955The German automaker Volkswagen, after six years of selling cars in the United States, founds Volkswagen of America in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey to standardize its dealer and service network.
- 1961The Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba ends in success for the defenders.
- 1997The Red River Flood of 1997 overwhelms the city of Grand Forks, North Dakota. Fire breaks out and spreads in downtown Grand Forks, but high water levels hamper efforts to reach the fire, leading to the destruction of 11 buildings.
- 2005His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger is elected the 265th Pope of the Catholic Church following the death of Pope John Paul II. The new Pope takes on the regnal name Benedict XVI.
Who were born on April 19?
- 1686Vasily Tatishchev, Russian statesman (d. 1750)
- 1721Roger Sherman, American statesman and signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence (d. 1793)
- 1772David Ricardo, English political economist (d. 1823)
- 1785Alexandre Pierre François Boëly, French composer (d. 1858)
- 1894Elizabeth Dilling, American author and activist (d. 1966)
- 1937Elinor Donahue, American actress
- 1949Paloma Picasso daughter of artist Pablo Picasso
- 1968Mswati III, King of Swaziland
- 1986Karlee Pérez, American professional wrestler and manager
- 1987Daniel Schuhmacher, German singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.