April 19: Day of the Week
April 19, 2020 was the 110th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 256 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Velma’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1012Martyrdom of Ælfheah in Greenwich, London.
- 1529The Second Diet of Speyer bans Lutheranism; a group of rulers (German: Fürst) and independent cities (German: Reichsstadt) protests the reinstatement of the Edict of Worms, beginning the Protestant Reformation.
- 1770Marie Antoinette marries Louis XVI in a proxy wedding.
- 1928The 125th and final fascicle of the Oxford English Dictionary is published.
- 1942World War II: In Poland, the Majdan-Tatarski ghetto is established, situated between the Lublin Ghetto and a Majdanek subcamp.
- 1943Bicycle Day – Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann deliberately takes LSD for the first time.
- 1971Charles Manson is sentenced to death for conspiracy to commit the Tate/LaBianca murders.
- 1989A gun turret explodes on the USS Iowa, killing 47 sailors.
- 1993The 51-day siege of the Branch Davidian building outside Waco, Texas, USA, ends when a fire breaks out. Eighty-one people die.
- 1997The Red River Flood of 1997 overwhelms the city of Grand Forks, North Dakota. Fire breaks out and spreads in downtown Grand Forks, but high water levels hamper efforts to reach the fire, leading to the destruction of 11 buildings.
Who were born on April 19?
- 1894Elizabeth Dilling, American author and activist (d. 1966)
- 1897Jiroemon Kimura, Japanese supercentenarian and oldest living person in Japan.
- 1934Dickie Goodman, American producer of novelty songs (d. 1989)
- 1937Joseph Estrada, Philippine actor and politician, 13th President (1998-2001)
- 1943Eve Graham, Scottish singer (The New Seekers)
- 1947Murray Perahia, American pianist
- 1961Spike Owen, American baseball player
- 1967Steven H Silver, American science fiction editor
- 1968Mswati III, King of Swaziland
- 1981Napakpapha Nakprasitte, Thai film actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.