April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2021 is the 111st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZIPYERUOM? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ZIPYERUOM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 43 BCBattle of Mutina: Mark Antony is again defeated in battle by Aulus Hirtius, who is killed. Antony fails to capture Mutina and Decimus Brutus is murdered shortly after.
- 1519Hernán Cortés lands in Veracruz, Veracruz
- 1894Norway formally adopts the Krag-Jørgensen rifle as the main arm of its armed forces, a weapon that would remain in service for almost 50 years.
- 1942World War II: The most famous (and first international) Aggie Muster is held on the Philippine island of Corregidor, by Brigadier General George F. Moore (with 25 fellow Texas A&M graduates who are under his command), while 1.8 million pounds of shells pounded the island over a 5 hour attack.
- 1962The Seattle World’s Fair (Century 21 Exposition) opens. It is the first World’s Fair in the United States since World War II.
- 1965The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season.
- 1970The Hutt River Province Principality secedes from Australia.
- 1989Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989: In Beijing, around 100,000 students gather in Tiananmen Square to commemorate Chinese reform leader Hu Yaobang.
- 1993The Supreme Court in La Paz, Bolivia, sentences former dictator Luis Garcia Meza to 30 years in jail without parole for murder, theft, fraud and violating the constitution.
- 2004Five suicide car bombers target police stations in and around Basra, killing 74 people and wounding 160.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1816Charlotte Brontë, English author (d. 1855)
- 1915Anthony Quinn, Mexican-born American actor (d. 2001)
- 1939Helen Prejean, American author and activist
- 1944Adrian Hurley, Australian basketball coach
- 1948Gary Condit, American politician
- 1954Ebiet G. Ade, Indonesian singer
- 1963John Cameron Mitchell, American film director
- 1980Vincent Lecavalier, Canadian hockey player
- 1983Marco Donadel, Italian footballer
- 1986Rodney Stuckey, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.