April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2021 was the 111th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PAUYOAT? Check your answers here: Word solver PAUYOAT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 900The Laguna Copperplate Inscription: the Honourable Namwaran and his children, Lady Angkatan and Bukah, are granted pardon from all their debts by the Commander and Chief of Tundun, as represented by the Honourable Jayadewa, Lord Minister of Pailah. Luzon, Philippines.
- 1519Hernán Cortés lands in Veracruz, Veracruz
- 1952Secretary‘s Day (now Administrative Professionals’Day) is first celebrated.
- 1960Brasília, Brazil’s capital, is officially inaugurated. At 9:30 am the Three Powers of the Republic are simultaneously transferred from the old capital, Rio de Janeiro.
- 1966Rastafari movement: Haile Selassie of Ethiopia visits Jamaica, an event now celebrated as Grounation Day.
- 1970The Hutt River Province Principality secedes from Australia.
- 1982Baseball: Rollie Fingers of the Milwaukee Brewers becomes the first pitcher to record 300 saves.
- 1989Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989: In Beijing, around 100,000 students gather in Tiananmen Square to commemorate Chinese reform leader Hu Yaobang.
- 1993The Supreme Court in La Paz, Bolivia, sentences former dictator Luis Garcia Meza to 30 years in jail without parole for murder, theft, fraud and violating the constitution.
- 1994The first discoveries of extrasolar planets are announced by astronomer Alexander Wolszczan.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1729Catherine II of Russia, known as ‘Catherine the Great’(d. 1796)
- 1882Percy Williams Bridgman, American physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1961)
- 1914Norman Panama, American screenwriter (d. 2003)
- 1951Michael Hartley Freedman, American mathematician
- 1960Michel Goulet, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1961Ronald Florijn, Dutch rower (Olympic gold medallist)
- 1975Brian J. White, American actor
- 1979James McAvoy, Scottish actor
- 1981Stephanie Larimore, American model
- 1987Eric Devendorf, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.