April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2018 was the 111st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1792Tiradentes, a revolutionary leading a movement for Brazil’s independence, is hanged, drawn and quartered.
- 1863Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, declares his mission as “He whom God shall make manifest”.
- 1894Norway formally adopts the Krag-Jørgensen rifle as the main arm of its armed forces, a weapon that would remain in service for almost 50 years.
- 1922The first Aggie Muster is held as a remembrance for fellow Texas A&M graduates who had died in the previous year.
- 1934The “Surgeon’s Photograph”, the most famous photo allegedly showing the Loch Ness Monster, is published in the Daily Mail (in 1999, it is revealed to be a hoax).
- 1962The Seattle World’s Fair (Century 21 Exposition) opens. It is the first World’s Fair in the United States since World War II.
- 1963The Universal House of Justice of the Bahá'í Faith is elected for the first time.
- 1965The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season.
- 1970The Hutt River Province Principality secedes from Australia.
- 2004Five suicide car bombers target police stations in and around Basra, killing 74 people and wounding 160.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1652Michel Rolle, French mathematician (d. 1719)
- 1905Edmund G. “Pat” Brown, Governor of California (d. 1996)
- 1915Garrett Hardin, American ecologist (d. 2003)
- 1920Edmund Adamkiewicz, German footballer (d. 1991)
- 1971Eric Mabius, American actor
- 1975Tha Trademarc, American hip hop artist
- 1976Ronald Vink, Dutch wheelchair tennis player
- 1979James McAvoy, Scottish actor
- 1982Carnell Williams, American football player
- 1989Carlos Muñoz, Chilean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.