April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2020 was the 112nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aria’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 753 BCRomulus and Remus founded Rome (traditional date).
- 1509Henry VIII ascends the throne of England on the death of his father, Henry VII.
- 1519Hernán Cortés lands in Veracruz, Veracruz
- 1809Two Austrian army corps are driven from Landshut by a First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France as two French corps to the north hold off the main Austrian army on the first day of the Battle of Eckmühl.
- 1894Norway formally adopts the Krag-Jørgensen rifle as the main arm of its armed forces, a weapon that would remain in service for almost 50 years.
- 1942World War II: The most famous (and first international) Aggie Muster is held on the Philippine island of Corregidor, by Brigadier General George F. Moore (with 25 fellow Texas A&M graduates who are under his command), while 1.8 million pounds of shells pounded the island over a 5 hour attack.
- 1945World War II: Soviet Union forces south of Berlin at Zossen attack the German High Command headquarters.
- 1960Brasília, Brazil’s capital, is officially inaugurated. At 9:30 am the Three Powers of the Republic are simultaneously transferred from the old capital, Rio de Janeiro.
- 1982Baseball: Rollie Fingers of the Milwaukee Brewers becomes the first pitcher to record 300 saves.
- 1989Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989: In Beijing, around 100,000 students gather in Tiananmen Square to commemorate Chinese reform leader Hu Yaobang.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1555Ludovico Carracci, Italian painter (d. 1619)
- 1729Catherine II of Russia, known as ‘Catherine the Great’(d. 1796)
- 1775Alexander Anderson, American illustrator (d. 1870)
- 1924Ira Louvin, Country music singer, songwriter, and musician (d. 1965)
- 1935Charles Grodin, American actor
- 1958Michael Zarnock, American author and columnist
- 1960Michel Goulet, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1966Michael Franti, American musician
- 1981Stephanie Larimore, American model
- 1989Carlos Muñoz, Chilean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.