April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2022 is the 111th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RLJELOYHAT? Check your answers here: Word scramble RLJELOYHAT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1792Tiradentes, a revolutionary leading a movement for Brazil’s independence, is hanged, drawn and quartered.
- 1863Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, declares his mission as “He whom God shall make manifest”.
- 1922The first Aggie Muster is held as a remembrance for fellow Texas A&M graduates who had died in the previous year.
- 1942World War II: The most famous (and first international) Aggie Muster is held on the Philippine island of Corregidor, by Brigadier General George F. Moore (with 25 fellow Texas A&M graduates who are under his command), while 1.8 million pounds of shells pounded the island over a 5 hour attack.
- 1960Founding of the Orthodox Bahá'í Faith in Washington, D.C.
- 1962The Seattle World’s Fair (Century 21 Exposition) opens. It is the first World’s Fair in the United States since World War II.
- 1963The Universal House of Justice of the Bahá'í Faith is elected for the first time.
- 1964A Transit-5bn satellite fails to reach orbit after launch; as it re-enters the atmosphere, 2.1 lb of radioactive plutonium in its SNAP RTG power source is widely dispersed.
- 1965The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season.
- 1967Greek military junta of 1967–1974: A few days before the general election in Greece, Colonel George Papadopoulos leads a coup d'état, establishing a military regime that lasts for seven years.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1671John Law, Scottish economist (d. 1729)
- 1729Catherine II of Russia, known as ‘Catherine the Great’(d. 1796)
- 1882Percy Williams Bridgman, American physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1961)
- 1930Silvana Mangano, Italian actress (d. 1989)
- 1945Ronnie Tober, Dutch singer
- 1961Ronald Florijn, Dutch rower (Olympic gold medallist)
- 1970Glen Hansard, Irish songwriter and actor
- 1972Severina Vučković, Croatian singer
- 1978Branden Steineckert, American drummer (Rancid, The Used)
- 1981Kim Lammers, Dutch field hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.