April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2020 was the 112nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CFMNPCAAAC? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters CFMNPCAAAC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 753 BCRomulus and Remus founded Rome (traditional date).
- 43 BCBattle of Mutina: Mark Antony is again defeated in battle by Aulus Hirtius, who is killed. Antony fails to capture Mutina and Decimus Brutus is murdered shortly after.
- 900The Laguna Copperplate Inscription: the Honourable Namwaran and his children, Lady Angkatan and Bukah, are granted pardon from all their debts by the Commander and Chief of Tundun, as represented by the Honourable Jayadewa, Lord Minister of Pailah. Luzon, Philippines.
- 1792Tiradentes, a revolutionary leading a movement for Brazil’s independence, is hanged, drawn and quartered.
- 1836Texas Revolution: The Battle of San Jacinto – Republic of Texas forces under Sam Houston defeat troops under Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
- 1962The Seattle World’s Fair (Century 21 Exposition) opens. It is the first World’s Fair in the United States since World War II.
- 1964A Transit-5bn satellite fails to reach orbit after launch; as it re-enters the atmosphere, 2.1 lb of radioactive plutonium in its SNAP RTG power source is widely dispersed.
- 1965The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season.
- 1967Greek military junta of 1967–1974: A few days before the general election in Greece, Colonel George Papadopoulos leads a coup d'état, establishing a military regime that lasts for seven years.
- 2004Five suicide car bombers target police stations in and around Basra, killing 74 people and wounding 160.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1838John Muir, Scottish-born American environmentalist (d. 1914)
- 1911Leonard Warren, American opera baritone (d. 1960)
- 1927Gerald Flood, British actor (d. 1989)
- 1945Diana Darvey, British actress, singer and dancer (d. 2000)
- 1958Michael Zarnock, American author and columnist
- 1964Alex Baumann, Canadian swimmer
- 1975Tha Trademarc, American hip hop artist
- 1976Rommel Adducul, Filipino basketball player
- 1986Alexander Edler, Swedish hockey player
- 1989Carlos Muñoz, Chilean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.