April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2019 was the 111st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 753 BCRomulus and Remus founded Rome (traditional date).
- 900The Laguna Copperplate Inscription: the Honourable Namwaran and his children, Lady Angkatan and Bukah, are granted pardon from all their debts by the Commander and Chief of Tundun, as represented by the Honourable Jayadewa, Lord Minister of Pailah. Luzon, Philippines.
- 1863Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, declares his mission as “He whom God shall make manifest”.
- 1942World War II: The most famous (and first international) Aggie Muster is held on the Philippine island of Corregidor, by Brigadier General George F. Moore (with 25 fellow Texas A&M graduates who are under his command), while 1.8 million pounds of shells pounded the island over a 5 hour attack.
- 1960Founding of the Orthodox Bahá'í Faith in Washington, D.C.
- 1963The Universal House of Justice of the Bahá'í Faith is elected for the first time.
- 1964A Transit-5bn satellite fails to reach orbit after launch; as it re-enters the atmosphere, 2.1 lb of radioactive plutonium in its SNAP RTG power source is widely dispersed.
- 1965The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season.
- 1970The Hutt River Province Principality secedes from Australia.
- 1993The Supreme Court in La Paz, Bolivia, sentences former dictator Luis Garcia Meza to 30 years in jail without parole for murder, theft, fraud and violating the constitution.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1854William Stang, Roman Catholic Bishop (d. 1907)
- 1914Norman Panama, American screenwriter (d. 2003)
- 1915Garrett Hardin, American ecologist (d. 2003)
- 1932Elaine May, American comedian
- 1945Ronnie Tober, Dutch singer
- 1947Iggy Pop, American musician (The Stooges)
- 1949Patti LuPone, American singer and actress
- 1975Charlie O'Connell, American actor
- 1979Tobias Linderoth, Swedish footballer
- 1981Kim Lammers, Dutch field hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.