April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2021 was the 111th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KIERAL? Check your answers here: Word finder KIERAL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 753 BCRomulus and Remus founded Rome (traditional date).
- 1519Hernán Cortés lands in Veracruz, Veracruz
- 1792Tiradentes, a revolutionary leading a movement for Brazil’s independence, is hanged, drawn and quartered.
- 1809Two Austrian army corps are driven from Landshut by a First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France as two French corps to the north hold off the main Austrian army on the first day of the Battle of Eckmühl.
- 1836Texas Revolution: The Battle of San Jacinto – Republic of Texas forces under Sam Houston defeat troops under Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
- 1942World War II: The most famous (and first international) Aggie Muster is held on the Philippine island of Corregidor, by Brigadier General George F. Moore (with 25 fellow Texas A&M graduates who are under his command), while 1.8 million pounds of shells pounded the island over a 5 hour attack.
- 1963The Universal House of Justice of the Bahá'í Faith is elected for the first time.
- 1993The Supreme Court in La Paz, Bolivia, sentences former dictator Luis Garcia Meza to 30 years in jail without parole for murder, theft, fraud and violating the constitution.
- 1994The first discoveries of extrasolar planets are announced by astronomer Alexander Wolszczan.
- 2004Five suicide car bombers target police stations in and around Basra, killing 74 people and wounding 160.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1887Joe McCarthy, American baseball manager (d. 1978)
- 1904Odilo Globocnik, Austrian Nazi (d. 1945)
- 1912Marcel Camus, French film director (d. 1982)
- 1944Adrian Hurley, Australian basketball coach
- 1958Yoshito Usui, Japanese manga artist
- 1962Les Lancaster, American baseball player
- 1963John Cameron Mitchell, American film director
- 1964Alex Baumann, Canadian swimmer
- 1965Fiona Kelleghan, American academic and critic
- 1978Jukka Nevalainen, Finnish drummer (Nightwish)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.