April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2022 was the 111th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IDMEGMEKIHG? Check your answers here: Word search IDMEGMEKIHG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1809Two Austrian army corps are driven from Landshut by a First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France as two French corps to the north hold off the main Austrian army on the first day of the Battle of Eckmühl.
- 1894Norway formally adopts the Krag-Jørgensen rifle as the main arm of its armed forces, a weapon that would remain in service for almost 50 years.
- 1941Emmanouil Tsouderos becomes the 132nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1945World War II: Soviet Union forces south of Berlin at Zossen attack the German High Command headquarters.
- 1960Founding of the Orthodox Bahá'í Faith in Washington, D.C.
- 1962The Seattle World’s Fair (Century 21 Exposition) opens. It is the first World’s Fair in the United States since World War II.
- 1965The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season.
- 1970The Hutt River Province Principality secedes from Australia.
- 1975Vietnam War: President of South Vietnam Nguyen Van Thieu flees Saigon, as Xuan Loc, the last South Vietnamese outpost blocking a direct North Vietnamese assault on Saigon, falls.
- 1989Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989: In Beijing, around 100,000 students gather in Tiananmen Square to commemorate Chinese reform leader Hu Yaobang.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1911Ivan Combe, American inventor (d. 2000)
- 1914Angelo Savoldi, Italian-American wrestler
- 1944Adrian Hurley, Australian basketball coach
- 1947Barbara Park, American author of children’s books
- 1951Michael Hartley Freedman, American mathematician
- 1958Andie MacDowell, American actress
- 1966Michael Franti, American musician
- 1979Tobias Linderoth, Swedish footballer
- 1986Rodney Stuckey, American basketball player
- 1989Carlos Muñoz, Chilean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.