April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2020 is the 112nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Zachary’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 43 BCBattle of Mutina: Mark Antony is again defeated in battle by Aulus Hirtius, who is killed. Antony fails to capture Mutina and Decimus Brutus is murdered shortly after.
- 900The Laguna Copperplate Inscription: the Honourable Namwaran and his children, Lady Angkatan and Bukah, are granted pardon from all their debts by the Commander and Chief of Tundun, as represented by the Honourable Jayadewa, Lord Minister of Pailah. Luzon, Philippines.
- 1519Hernán Cortés lands in Veracruz, Veracruz
- 1894Norway formally adopts the Krag-Jørgensen rifle as the main arm of its armed forces, a weapon that would remain in service for almost 50 years.
- 1918World War I: German fighter ace Manfred von Richthofen, known as “The Red Baron”, is shot down and killed over Vaux-sur-Somme in France.
- 1960Founding of the Orthodox Bahá'í Faith in Washington, D.C.
- 1964A Transit-5bn satellite fails to reach orbit after launch; as it re-enters the atmosphere, 2.1 lb of radioactive plutonium in its SNAP RTG power source is widely dispersed.
- 1966Rastafari movement: Haile Selassie of Ethiopia visits Jamaica, an event now celebrated as Grounation Day.
- 1970The Hutt River Province Principality secedes from Australia.
- 1987The Tamil Tigers are blamed for a car bomb that explodes in the Sri Lankan city of Colombo, killing 106 people.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1870Edwin S. Porter, American film pioneer (d. 1941)
- 1926Elizabeth II, Queen of the Commonwealth realms
- 1932Elaine May, American comedian
- 1963John Cameron Mitchell, American film director
- 1969Robin Meade, American news anchor
- 1971Michael Turner, American comic book artist (d. 2008)
- 1977Jamie Salé, Canadian figure skater
- 1980Jeff Keppinger, American baseball player
- 1983Paweł Brożek, Polish footballer
- 1984Shayna Fox, American voice actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.