April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2019 was the 111st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 900The Laguna Copperplate Inscription: the Honourable Namwaran and his children, Lady Angkatan and Bukah, are granted pardon from all their debts by the Commander and Chief of Tundun, as represented by the Honourable Jayadewa, Lord Minister of Pailah. Luzon, Philippines.
- 1509Henry VIII ascends the throne of England on the death of his father, Henry VII.
- 1962The Seattle World’s Fair (Century 21 Exposition) opens. It is the first World’s Fair in the United States since World War II.
- 1964A Transit-5bn satellite fails to reach orbit after launch; as it re-enters the atmosphere, 2.1 lb of radioactive plutonium in its SNAP RTG power source is widely dispersed.
- 1965The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its second and final season.
- 1975Vietnam War: President of South Vietnam Nguyen Van Thieu flees Saigon, as Xuan Loc, the last South Vietnamese outpost blocking a direct North Vietnamese assault on Saigon, falls.
- 1982Baseball: Rollie Fingers of the Milwaukee Brewers becomes the first pitcher to record 300 saves.
- 1987The Tamil Tigers are blamed for a car bomb that explodes in the Sri Lankan city of Colombo, killing 106 people.
- 1989Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989: In Beijing, around 100,000 students gather in Tiananmen Square to commemorate Chinese reform leader Hu Yaobang.
- 2004Five suicide car bombers target police stations in and around Basra, killing 74 people and wounding 160.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1671John Law, Scottish economist (d. 1729)
- 1889Paul Karrer, Swiss chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1971)
- 1935Thomas Kean, American politician
- 1951Tony Danza, American actor and comedian
- 1961Ronald Florijn, Dutch rower (Olympic gold medallist)
- 1978Jukka Nevalainen, Finnish drummer (Nightwish)
- 1983Marco Donadel, Italian footballer
- 1986Alexander Edler, Swedish hockey player
- 1986Rodney Stuckey, American basketball player
- 1987Nadif Chowdhury, Bangladeshi cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.