April 21: Day of the Week
April 21, 2020 was the 112nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 254 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TBKNIIIEFDVQ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters TBKNIIIEFDVQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1509Henry VIII ascends the throne of England on the death of his father, Henry VII.
- 1792Tiradentes, a revolutionary leading a movement for Brazil’s independence, is hanged, drawn and quartered.
- 1894Norway formally adopts the Krag-Jørgensen rifle as the main arm of its armed forces, a weapon that would remain in service for almost 50 years.
- 1918World War I: German fighter ace Manfred von Richthofen, known as “The Red Baron”, is shot down and killed over Vaux-sur-Somme in France.
- 1922The first Aggie Muster is held as a remembrance for fellow Texas A&M graduates who had died in the previous year.
- 1945World War II: Soviet Union forces south of Berlin at Zossen attack the German High Command headquarters.
- 1964A Transit-5bn satellite fails to reach orbit after launch; as it re-enters the atmosphere, 2.1 lb of radioactive plutonium in its SNAP RTG power source is widely dispersed.
- 1975Vietnam War: President of South Vietnam Nguyen Van Thieu flees Saigon, as Xuan Loc, the last South Vietnamese outpost blocking a direct North Vietnamese assault on Saigon, falls.
- 1982Baseball: Rollie Fingers of the Milwaukee Brewers becomes the first pitcher to record 300 saves.
- 1994The first discoveries of extrasolar planets are announced by astronomer Alexander Wolszczan.
Who were born on April 21?
- 1851Charles Barrois, French geologist (d. 1939)
- 1914Angelo Savoldi, Italian-American wrestler
- 1935Charles Grodin, American actor
- 1957Edward Leslie, American professional wrestler
- 1963Ken Caminiti, American baseball player (d. 2004)
- 1975Brian J. White, American actor
- 1975Charlie O'Connell, American actor
- 1976Ronald Vink, Dutch wheelchair tennis player
- 1980Jeff Keppinger, American baseball player
- 1989Carlos Muñoz, Chilean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.