April 23: Day of the Week
April 23, 2023 is the 113th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 252 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AOQEXUDAB? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters AOQEXUDAB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 23 Historical Event(s)
- 215 BCA temple is built on the Capitoline Hill dedicated to Venus Erycina to commemorate the Roman defeat at Lake Trasimene.
- 1016Edmund Ironside succeeds his father Æthelred the Unready as king of England,
- 1348The founding of the Order of the Garter by King Edward III is announced on St George’s Day.
- 1661King Charles II of England, Scotland and Ireland is crowned in Westminster Abbey.
- 1918World War I: The British Royal Navy makes a raid in an attempt to neutralise the Belgian port of Bruges-Zeebrugge.
- 1920The Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) is founded in Ankara.
- 1927Turkey becomes the first country to celebrate Children’s Day as a national holiday.
- 1941World War II: The Greek government and King George II evacuate Athens before the invading Wehrmacht.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: Establishment of the People’s Liberation Army Navy.
- 1968Vietnam War: Student protesters at Columbia University in New York City take over administration buildings and shut down the university.
Who were born on April 23?
- 1464Joan of France, Duchess of Berry, queen of France (d. 1505)
- 1880Michel Fokine, Russian choreographer and dancer (d. 1942)
- 1897Lester B. Pearson, fourteenth Prime Minister of Canada, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1972)
- 1907Fritz Wotruba, Austrian sculptor (d. 1975)
- 1911Ronald Neame, British film producer (d. 2010)
- 1972Sonya Smith, American actress
- 1977John Oliver, British comedian
- 1979Joanna Krupa, Polish/American model and actress
- 1983Taio Cruz, British singer-songwriter
- 1987Emily Fox, American cup stacker and basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.