April 23: Day of the Week
April 23, 2020 is the 114th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 252 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jaden’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 23 Historical Event(s)
- 215 BCA temple is built on the Capitoline Hill dedicated to Venus Erycina to commemorate the Roman defeat at Lake Trasimene.
- 1016Edmund Ironside succeeds his father Æthelred the Unready as king of England,
- 1635The first public school in the United States, Boston Latin School, is founded in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1815The Second Serbian Uprising – a second phase of the national revolution of the Serbs against the Ottoman Empire, erupts shortly after the annexation of the country to the Ottoman Empire.
- 1910Theodore Roosevelt made his The Man in the Arena speech.
- 1940The Rhythm Night Club fire at a dance hall in Natchez, Mississippi, kills 198 people.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: Establishment of the People’s Liberation Army Navy.
- 1955The Canadian Labour Congress is formed by the merger of the Trades and Labour Congress of Canada and the Canadian Congress of Labour.
- 1968Vietnam War: Student protesters at Columbia University in New York City take over administration buildings and shut down the university.
- 1985Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke. The response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is back on the market in less than 3 months.
Who were born on April 23?
- 1516Georg Fabricius, German poet, historian, and archaeologist (d. 1571)
- 1834Artemus Ward, American comic writer (d. 1867)
- 1895Ngaio Marsh, New Zealand writer (d. 1982)
- 1932Jim Fixx, American athlete and writer (d. 1984)
- 1960Claude Julien, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 1961George Lopez, American actor and comedian
- 1969Richard Wolstencroft, Australian filmmaker
- 1977Andruw Jones, Curaçaoan baseball player
- 1984Alexandra Kosteniuk, Russian chess player
- 1987Boaz Mauda, Israeli singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.