April 23: Day of the Week
April 23, 2018 was the 113rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 252 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1343Estonia: St. George’s Night Uprising.
- 1920The Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) is founded in Ankara.
- 1920The national council in Turkey denounces the government of Sultan Mehmed VI and announces a temporary constitution.
- 1940The Rhythm Night Club fire at a dance hall in Natchez, Mississippi, kills 198 people.
- 1941World War II: The Greek government and King George II evacuate Athens before the invading Wehrmacht.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: Establishment of the People’s Liberation Army Navy.
- 1955The Canadian Labour Congress is formed by the merger of the Trades and Labour Congress of Canada and the Canadian Congress of Labour.
- 1968Vietnam War: Student protesters at Columbia University in New York City take over administration buildings and shut down the university.
- 1990Namibia becomes the 160th member of the United Nations and the 50th member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- 1993Eritreans vote overwhelmingly for independence from Ethiopia in a United Nations-monitored referendum.
Who were born on April 23?
- 1170Isabelle of Hainaut, queen of France (d. 1190)
- 1676King Frederick I of Sweden (d. 1751)
- 1865Ali-Agha Shikhlinski, Russian-Azerbaijani general (d. 1943)
- 1880Michel Fokine, Russian choreographer and dancer (d. 1942)
- 1895Ngaio Marsh, New Zealand writer (d. 1982)
- 1939Ray Peterson, American singer (d. 2005)
- 1949David Cross, British violinist (King Crimson)
- 1952Narada Michael Walden, American musician and producer
- 1960Claude Julien, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- 1971Uli Herzner, German American designer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.