April 23: Day of the Week
April 23, 2022 was the 113th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 252 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IVSNSEZAV? Check your answers here: Word scramble IVSNSEZAV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1521Battle of Villalar: King Charles I of Spain defeats the Comuneros.
- 1815The Second Serbian Uprising – a second phase of the national revolution of the Serbs against the Ottoman Empire, erupts shortly after the annexation of the country to the Ottoman Empire.
- 1920The national council in Turkey denounces the government of Sultan Mehmed VI and announces a temporary constitution.
- 1932The 153-year old De Adriaan Windmill in Haarlem, Netherlands burns down. It is rebuilt and reopens exactly 70 years later.
- 1935The Polish Constitution of 1935 is adopted.
- 1961Algiers putsch by French generals.
- 1967Soviet space program: Soyuz 1 (Russian: Союз 1, Union 1) is a manned spaceflight, Launched into orbit carrying cosmonaut Colonel Vladimir Komarov.
- 1968Vietnam War: Student protesters at Columbia University in New York City take over administration buildings and shut down the university.
- 1985Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke. The response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is back on the market in less than 3 months.
- 1990Namibia becomes the 160th member of the United Nations and the 50th member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
Who were born on April 23?
- 1170Isabelle of Hainaut, queen of France (d. 1190)
- 1897Lucius D. Clay, American general (d. 1978)
- 1932Jim Fixx, American athlete and writer (d. 1984)
- 1953James Russo, American actor
- 1954Michael Moore, American filmmaker
- 1962John Hannah, Scottish actor
- 1970Andrew Gee, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1977Kal Penn, American actor
- 1979Barry Fratelli, Scottish bassist (The Fratellis)
- 1990Pikky Ya France, Namibian cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.