April 24: Day of the Week
April 24, 2018 was the 114th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 251 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1558Mary, Queen of Scots, marries the Dauphin of France, François, at Notre Dame de Paris.
- 1904The Lithuanian press ban is lifted after almost 40 years.
- 1915The arrest of 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders in Istanbul marks the beginning of the Armenian Genocide.
- 1916Easter Rising: The Irish Republican Brotherhood led by nationalists Patrick Pearse, James Connolly, and Joseph Plunkett starts a rebellion in Ireland.
- 1932Benny Rothman leads the mass trespass of Kinder Scout, leading to substantial legal reforms in the United Kingdom.
- 1970The Gambia becomes a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations, with Dawda Jawara as the first President.
- 1980Eight U.S. servicemen die in Operation Eagle Claw as they attempt to end the Iran hostage crisis.
- 1990Gruinard Island, Scotland, is officially declared free of the anthrax disease after 48 years of quarantine.
- 2005Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger is inaugurated as the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic Church taking the name Pope Benedict XVI.
- 2005Snuppy, the world’s first cloned dog, is born in South Korea.
Who were born on April 24?
- 1784Peter Vivian Daniel, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (d. 1860)
- 1876Ioannis Georgiadis, Greek fencer (d. 1960)
- 1914Justin Wilson, American Cajun chef and humorist (d. 2001)
- 1922J. D. Cannon, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1942Barbra Streisand, American singer and actor
- 1963Billy Gould, American musician (Faith No More)
- 1969Elias Atmatsidis, Greek footballer
- 1978Stella Damasus Aboderin, Nigerian actress
- 1980Fernando Arce, Mexican footballer
- 1989David Boudia, American diver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.