April 24: Day of the Week
April 24, 2019 was the 114th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 251 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Beatrice’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1558Mary, Queen of Scots, marries the Dauphin of France, François, at Notre Dame de Paris.
- 1913The Woolworth Building skyscraper in New York City is opened.
- 1916Easter Rising: The Irish Republican Brotherhood led by nationalists Patrick Pearse, James Connolly, and Joseph Plunkett starts a rebellion in Ireland.
- 1918First tank-to-tank combat, at Villers-Bretonneux, France, when three British Mark IVs met three German A7Vs.
- 1955The Bandung Conference ends: 29 non-aligned nations of Asia and Africa finish a meeting that condemns colonialism, racism, and the Cold War.
- 1963Marriage of HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent to the Hon Angus Ogilvy at Westminster Abbey in London.
- 1970The Gambia becomes a republic within the Commonwealth of Nations, with Dawda Jawara as the first President.
- 1980Eight U.S. servicemen die in Operation Eagle Claw as they attempt to end the Iran hostage crisis.
- 2004The United States lifts economic sanctions imposed on Libya 18 years previously, as a reward for its cooperation in eliminating weapons of mass destruction.
- 2005Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger is inaugurated as the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic Church taking the name Pope Benedict XVI.
Who were born on April 24?
- 1581Vincent de Paul, French saint (d. 1660)
- 1922J. D. Cannon, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1933Helmuth Lohner, Austrian actor
- 1935Tucker Smith, American actor, dancer, and singer (d. 1988)
- 1955John de Mol, Dutch media businessman
- 1968Mark Vanderloo, Dutch model
- 1970Damien Fleming, Australian cricketer
- 1972Chipper Jones, American baseball player
- 1976Steve Finnan, Irish footballer
- 1989David Boudia, American diver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.