April 26: Day of the Week
April 26, 2019 is the 116th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 249 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1865American Civil War: Confederate General Joseph E. Johnston surrenders his army to General William Tecumseh Sherman at the Bennett Place near Durham, North Carolina. Also the date of Confederate Memorial Day for most states.
- 1865Union cavalry troopers corner and shoot dead John Wilkes Booth, assassin of President Lincoln, in Virginia.
- 1925Paul von Hindenburg defeats Wilhelm Marx in the second round of the German presidential election to become the first directly elected head of state of the Weimar Republic.
- 1933The Gestapo, the official secret police force of Nazi Germany, is established.
- 1942Benxihu Colliery accident in Manchukuo leaves 1549 Chinese miners dead.
- 1945World War II: Filipino troops of the 66th Infantry Regiment, Philippine Commonwealth Army, USAFIP-NL and the American troops of the 33rd and 37th Infantry Division, United States Army was liberated in Baguio City and they fought against the Japanese forces under by General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
- 1954The Geneva Conference, an effort to restore peace in Indochina and Korea, begins.
- 198257 people are killed by former police officer Woo Bum-kon in a shooting spree in Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea.
- 1989The deadliest tornado in world history strikes Central Bangladesh, killing upwards of 1,300, injuring 12,000, and leaving as many as 80,000 homeless.
- 1994China Airlines flight 140 crashes at Nagoya Airport in Japan, killing 264 of the 271 people on board.
Who were born on April 26?
- 1785John James Audubon, French-American naturalist and illustrator (d. 1851)
- 1933Carol Burnett, American comedian
- 1938Duane Eddy, American musician
- 1952Spice Williams-Crosby, American actress and stunt performer
- 1959John Corabi, American musician
- 1961Joan Chen, Chinese-born actress
- 1963Colin Scotts, Australian-born American football player
- 1974Adil Ray, British radio presenter (BBC Asian Network)
- 1979Ariane Moffatt, Canadian singer and songwriter
- 1982Jon Lee, British singer (S Club)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.