April 26: Day of the Week
April 26, 2021 was the 116th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 249 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BHJCOBDUECIB? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters BHJCOBDUECIB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1802Napoleon Bonaparte signs a general amnesty to allow all but about one thousand of the most notorious émigrés of the French Revolution to return to France, as part of a reconciliary gesture with the factions of the Ancien Regime and to eventually consolidate his own rule.
- 1803Thousands of meteor fragments fall from the skies of L'Aigle, France; the event convinces European science that meteors exist.
- 1805First Barbary War: United States Marines captured Derne under the command of First Lieutenant Presley O'Bannon.
- 1865Union cavalry troopers corner and shoot dead John Wilkes Booth, assassin of President Lincoln, in Virginia.
- 1925Paul von Hindenburg defeats Wilhelm Marx in the second round of the German presidential election to become the first directly elected head of state of the Weimar Republic.
- 1958Final run of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad’s Royal Blue from Washington, D.C., to New York City after 68 years, the first U.S. passenger train to use electric locomotives.
- 1963In Libya, amendments to the constitution transform Libya (United Kingdom of Libya) into one national unity (Kingdom of Libya) and allows for female participation in elections.
- 1989People’s Daily publishes the People’s Daily editorial of April 26 which inflames the nascent Tiananmen Square protests
- 1991Seventy tornadoes break out in the central United States. Before the outbreak’s end, Andover, Kansas, would record the year’s only F5 tornado (see Andover, Kansas Tornado Outbreak).
- 1994China Airlines flight 140 crashes at Nagoya Airport in Japan, killing 264 of the 271 people on board.
Who were born on April 26?
- 1910Tomoyuki Tanaka, Japanese movie producer and creator of Godzilla (d. 1997)
- 1922Jeanne Sauvé, Canadian politician (d. 1993)
- 1938Duane Eddy, American musician
- 1940Cliff Watson, British rugby league footballer
- 1944Amien Rais, Indonesian politician
- 1967Glenn Jacobs, American professional wrestler
- 1973Chris Perry, British footballer
- 1975Nerina Pallot, British singer
- 1979Ariane Moffatt, Canadian singer and songwriter
- 1983José María López, Argentine racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.