April 26: Day of the Week
April 26, 2020 was the 117th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 249 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Franklin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1478The Pazzi attack Lorenzo de' Medici and kill his brother Giuliano during High Mass in the Duomo of Florence.
- 1923The Duke of York weds Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon at Westminster Abbey.
- 1928Los Angeles City Hall dedicated.
- 1954The Geneva Conference, an effort to restore peace in Indochina and Korea, begins.
- 1956First container ship left Port Newark, New Jersey for Houston, Texas.
- 1965A Rolling Stones concert in London, Ontario is shut down by police after 15 minutes due to rioting.
- 1966A new government is formed in the Republic of Congo, led by Ambroise Noumazalaye.
- 1986A nuclear reactor accident occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Soviet Union (now Ukraine), creating the world’s worst nuclear disaster.
- 1989People’s Daily publishes the People’s Daily editorial of April 26 which inflames the nascent Tiananmen Square protests
- 1989The deadliest tornado in world history strikes Central Bangladesh, killing upwards of 1,300, injuring 12,000, and leaving as many as 80,000 homeless.
Who were born on April 26?
- 1648King Peter II of Portugal (d. 1706)
- 1812Alfred Krupp, German industrialist (d. 1887)
- 1889Ludwig Wittgenstein, Austrian-born philosopher (d. 1951)
- 1910Tomoyuki Tanaka, Japanese movie producer and creator of Godzilla (d. 1997)
- 1930Roger Moens, Belgian athlete
- 1933Arno Allan Penzias, German-born physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1954Alan Hinkes, British mountaineer
- 1966Yoshihiro Togashi, Manga artist who created YuYu Hakusho
- 1980Channing Tatum, American actor
- 1980Marnette Patterson, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.