April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2019 was the 93rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1860The first successful United States Pony Express run from Saint Joseph, Missouri to Sacramento, California begins.
- 1882American Old West: Jesse James is killed by Robert Ford.
- 1895Trial of the libel case instigated by Oscar Wilde begins, eventually resulting in his imprisonment on charges of homosexuality.
- 1929RMS Queen Mary is ordered from John Brown & Company Shipbuilding and Engineering by Cunard Line.
- 1933First flight over Mount Everest, a British expedition, led by the Marquis of Clydesdale, and funded by Lucy, Lady Houston
- 1948In Jeju, South Korea, a civil-war-like period of violence and human rights abuses begins, known as the Jeju massacre.
- 1973Martin Cooper of Motorola made the first handheld mobile phone call to Joel S. Engel of Bell Labs, though it took ten years for the DynaTAC 8000X to become the first such phone to be commercially released.
- 1996A United States Air Force airplane carrying United States Secretary of Commerce Ron Brown crashes in Croatia, killing all 35 on board.
- 1997The Thalit massacre begins in Algeria; all but 1 of the 53 inhabitants of Thalit are killed by guerrillas.
- 2000United States v. Microsoft: Microsoft is ruled to have violated United States antitrust laws by keeping “an oppressive thumb” on its competitors.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1683Mark Catesby, English naturalist (d. 1749)
- 1806Ivan Kireevsky, Russian literary critic and philosopher (d. 1856)
- 1960Arjen Anthony Lucassen, Dutch musician
- 1966John de Vries, Australian racing driver
- 1968Sebastian Bach, Canadian musician
- 1972Leigh-Allyn Baker, American actress
- 1973Matthew Ferguson, Canadian actor
- 1984Maxi López, Argentine footballer
- 1985Jari-Matti Latvala, Finnish rally driver
- 1989Israel Folau, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.