April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2021 is the 93rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JWSUXPGULYU? Check your answers here: Word search JWSUXPGULYU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1865American Civil War: Union forces capture Richmond, Virginia, the capital of the Confederate States of America.
- 1882American Old West: Jesse James is killed by Robert Ford.
- 1885Gottlieb Daimler is granted a German patent for his engine design.
- 1946Japanese Lt. General Masaharu Homma is executed in the Philippines for leading the Bataan Death March.
- 1948In Jeju, South Korea, a civil-war-like period of violence and human rights abuses begins, known as the Jeju massacre.
- 1955The American Civil Liberties Union announces it will defend Allen Ginsberg’s book Howl against obscenity charges.
- 1996A United States Air Force airplane carrying United States Secretary of Commerce Ron Brown crashes in Croatia, killing all 35 on board.
- 1996Suspected “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski is arrested at his cabin in Montana, United States.
- 1997The Thalit massacre begins in Algeria; all but 1 of the 53 inhabitants of Thalit are killed by guerrillas.
- 2000United States v. Microsoft: Microsoft is ruled to have violated United States antitrust laws by keeping “an oppressive thumb” on its competitors.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1693George Edwards, English naturalist (d. 1773)
- 1926Alex Grammas, American Major League Baseball coach
- 1930Lawton Chiles, U.S. (Florida) Senator and Governor (d. 1998)
- 1934Jane Goodall, English zoologist
- 1951Mel Schacher, American musician
- 1962Jennifer Rubin, American actress
- 1967Mark Skaife, Australian racing driver
- 1972Kenny Logan, Scottish rugby player
- 1978John Smit, South African rugby player
- 1979Grégoire, French singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.