April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2017 was the 93rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1559The Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis treaty is signed, ending the Italian Wars.
- 1888The first of 11 unsolved brutal murders of women committed in or near the impoverished Whitechapel district in the East End of London, occurs.
- 1933First flight over Mount Everest, a British expedition, led by the Marquis of Clydesdale, and funded by Lucy, Lady Houston
- 1946Japanese Lt. General Masaharu Homma is executed in the Philippines for leading the Bataan Death March.
- 1956Hudsonville-Standale Tornado: The western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan is struck by a deadly F5 tornado.
- 1961The Leadbeater’s Possum is rediscovered in Australia after 72 years.
- 1968Martin Luther King, Jr. delivers his “I've Been to the Mountaintop” speech.
- 1969Vietnam War: United States Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird announces that the United States will start to “Vietnamize” the war effort.
- 1973Martin Cooper of Motorola made the first handheld mobile phone call to Joel S. Engel of Bell Labs, though it took ten years for the DynaTAC 8000X to become the first such phone to be commercially released.
- 1996Suspected “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski is arrested at his cabin in Montana, United States.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1764John Abernethy, English surgeon (d. 1831)
- 1893Princess Maud of Fife (d. 1945)
- 1920Yoshibayama Junnosuke, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 43rd Yokozuna (d. 1977)
- 1924Marlon Brando, American actor (d. 2004)
- 1930Lawton Chiles, U.S. (Florida) Senator and Governor (d. 1998)
- 1933Bob Dornan, American politician
- 1945Bernard Parent, Quebec ice hockey player
- 1968Sebastian Bach, Canadian musician
- 1982Jared Allen, American football player
- 1987Julie Sokolow, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.