April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2020 was the 94th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Toni’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1077The first Parliament of Friuli is created.
- 1559The Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis treaty is signed, ending the Italian Wars.
- 1885Gottlieb Daimler is granted a German patent for his engine design.
- 1888The first of 11 unsolved brutal murders of women committed in or near the impoverished Whitechapel district in the East End of London, occurs.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces begin an assault on the United States and Filipino troops on the Bataan Peninsula.
- 1961The Leadbeater’s Possum is rediscovered in Australia after 72 years.
- 1975Bobby Fischer refuses to play in a chess match against Anatoly Karpov, giving Karpov the title of World Champion by default.
- 1996A United States Air Force airplane carrying United States Secretary of Commerce Ron Brown crashes in Croatia, killing all 35 on board.
- 1997The Thalit massacre begins in Algeria; all but 1 of the 53 inhabitants of Thalit are killed by guerrillas.
- 2008Texas law enforcement cordons off the FLDS’s YFZ Ranch. Eventually 533 women and children will be removed and taken into state custody.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1693George Edwards, English naturalist (d. 1773)
- 1920Stan Freeman, American composer and lyricist (d. 2001)
- 1921Jan Sterling, American actress (d. 2004)
- 1928Don Gibson, American country musician (d. 2003)
- 1939François de Roubaix, French film score composer (d. 1975)
- 1945Bernard Parent, Quebec ice hockey player
- 1952K. Krishnasamy, Indian politician and physician
- 1962Jennifer Rubin, American actress
- 1967Pervis Ellison, American basketball player
- 1987Jay Bruce, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.