April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2021 was the 93rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PVETIBO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words PVETIBO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1043Edward the Confessor is crowned King of England.
- 1865American Civil War: Union forces capture Richmond, Virginia, the capital of the Confederate States of America.
- 1882American Old West: Jesse James is killed by Robert Ford.
- 1929RMS Queen Mary is ordered from John Brown & Company Shipbuilding and Engineering by Cunard Line.
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces begin an assault on the United States and Filipino troops on the Bataan Peninsula.
- 1946Japanese Lt. General Masaharu Homma is executed in the Philippines for leading the Bataan Death March.
- 1948In Jeju, South Korea, a civil-war-like period of violence and human rights abuses begins, known as the Jeju massacre.
- 1974The Super Outbreak occurs, the biggest tornado outbreak in recorded history. The death toll is 315, with nearly 5,500 injured.
- 1981The Osborne 1, the first successful portable computer, is unveiled at the West Coast Computer Faire in San Francisco.
- 2007Conventional-Train World Speed Record: a French TGV train on the LGV Est high speed line sets an official new world speed record.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1529Michael Neander, German mathematician and astronomer (d. 1581)
- 1893Leslie Howard, English actor (d. 1943)
- 1934Jane Goodall, English zoologist
- 1943Doreen Tracey, English-born Mouseketeer
- 1954Elisabetta Brusa, Italian composer
- 1955Hariharan, Indian singer
- 1973Matthew Ferguson, Canadian actor
- 1978John Smit, South African rugby player
- 1978Tommy Haas, German tennis player
- 1979Grégoire, French singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.