April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2021 was the 93rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NIHBIUOMOJ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters NIHBIUOMOJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1043Edward the Confessor is crowned King of England.
- 1559The Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis treaty is signed, ending the Italian Wars.
- 1834The generals in the Greek War of Independence stand trial for treason.
- 1888The first of 11 unsolved brutal murders of women committed in or near the impoverished Whitechapel district in the East End of London, occurs.
- 1895Trial of the libel case instigated by Oscar Wilde begins, eventually resulting in his imprisonment on charges of homosexuality.
- 1973Martin Cooper of Motorola made the first handheld mobile phone call to Joel S. Engel of Bell Labs, though it took ten years for the DynaTAC 8000X to become the first such phone to be commercially released.
- 1974The Super Outbreak occurs, the biggest tornado outbreak in recorded history. The death toll is 315, with nearly 5,500 injured.
- 1997The Thalit massacre begins in Algeria; all but 1 of the 53 inhabitants of Thalit are killed by guerrillas.
- 2004Islamic terrorists involved in the 11 March 2004 Madrid attacks are trapped by the police in their apartment and kill themselves.
- 2008ATA Airlines, once one of the 10 largest U.S. passenger airlines and largest charter airline, files for bankruptcy for the second time in 5 years and ceases all operations.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1887Nishizō Tsukahara, Japanese naval commander (d. 1966)
- 1904Sally Rand, American burlesque dancer (d. 1979)
- 1924Doris Day, American actress, singer and animal rights activist
- 1939Paul Craig Roberts, American economist
- 1941Eric Braeden, German-born actor
- 1958Jaya Prada, Indian actress
- 1961Eddie Murphy, American actor and comedian
- 1972Jennie Garth, American actress
- 1979Grégoire, French singer-songwriter
- 1981DeShawn Stevenson, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.