April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2022 was the 93rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IATNOJBKJO? Check your answers here: Unscramble words IATNOJBKJO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1834The generals in the Greek War of Independence stand trial for treason.
- 1885Gottlieb Daimler is granted a German patent for his engine design.
- 1922Joseph Stalin becomes the first General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1936Bruno Richard Hauptmann is executed for the kidnapping and death of Charles Augustus Lindbergh, Jr., the baby son of pilot Charles Lindbergh.
- 1969Vietnam War: United States Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird announces that the United States will start to “Vietnamize” the war effort.
- 1973Martin Cooper of Motorola made the first handheld mobile phone call to Joel S. Engel of Bell Labs, though it took ten years for the DynaTAC 8000X to become the first such phone to be commercially released.
- 1974The Super Outbreak occurs, the biggest tornado outbreak in recorded history. The death toll is 315, with nearly 5,500 injured.
- 1975Bobby Fischer refuses to play in a chess match against Anatoly Karpov, giving Karpov the title of World Champion by default.
- 1996A United States Air Force airplane carrying United States Secretary of Commerce Ron Brown crashes in Croatia, killing all 35 on board.
- 2000United States v. Microsoft: Microsoft is ruled to have violated United States antitrust laws by keeping “an oppressive thumb” on its competitors.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1529Michael Neander, German mathematician and astronomer (d. 1581)
- 1889Grigoraş Dinicu, Romanian composer and violinist (d. 1949)
- 1936Jimmy McGriff, American jazz organist (d. 2008)
- 1949Anthony Grayling, British philosopher
- 1959David Hyde Pierce, American actor
- 1961Michalis Rakintzis, Greek songwriter and singer
- 1962Mike Ness, American musician
- 1971Picabo Street, American alpine ski champion
- 1981Heath Ramsay, Australian Olympic swimmer
- 1982Cobie Smulders, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.