April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2018 is the 98th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1271In Syria, sultan Baybars conquers the Krak of Chevaliers.
- 1767Ayutthaya kingdom falls to Burmese invaders.
- 1895In Pollock v. Farmers’ Loan & Trust Co. the Supreme Court of the United States declares unapportioned income tax to be unconstitutional.
- 1904The French Third Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland sign the Entente cordiale.
- 1952U.S. President Harry Truman calls for the seizure of all domestic steel mills to prevent a nationwide strike.
- 1954South African Airways Flight 201 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 crashes into the sea during night killing 21 people.
- 1959The Organization of American States drafts an agreement to create the Inter-American Development Bank.
- 1961A large explosion on board the MV Dara in the Persian Gulf kills 238.
- 1974at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, Hank Aaron hits his 715th career home run to surpass Babe Ruth’s 39-year-old record.
- 1987Los Angeles Dodgers executive Al Campanis resigns amid controversy over racially charged remarks he had made while on Nightline.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1320King Peter I of Portugal (d. 1367)
- 1818King Christian IX of Denmark (d. 1906)
- 1865Charles W. Woodworth, American entomologist (d. 1940)
- 1926Jürgen Moltmann, German theologian
- 1941Darlene Gillespie, Canadian-born American actress
- 1956Justin Sullivan, English musician (New Model Army)
- 1960John Schneider, American actor
- 1966Mazinho, Brazilian footballer
- 1974Nnedi Okorafor, Nigerian American writer
- 1977Mark Spencer, American computer programmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.