April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2022 was the 98th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PAGUCOBHPGF? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters PAGUCOBHPGF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1730Shearith Israel, the first synagogue in New York City, is dedicated.
- 1767Ayutthaya kingdom falls to Burmese invaders.
- 1808The Roman Catholic Diocese of Baltimore is promoted to an archdiocese, with the founding of the dioceses of New York, Philadelphia, Boston, and Bardstown (now Louisville) by Pope Pius VII.
- 1895In Pollock v. Farmers’ Loan & Trust Co. the Supreme Court of the United States declares unapportioned income tax to be unconstitutional.
- 1904Longacre Square in Midtown Manhattan is renamed Times Square after The New York Times.
- 1935The Works Progress Administration is formed when the Emergency Relief Appropriation Act of 1935 becomes law.
- 1950India and Pakistan sign the Liaquat-Nehru Pact.
- 1952U.S. President Harry Truman calls for the seizure of all domestic steel mills to prevent a nationwide strike.
- 1953Mau Mau leader Jomo Kenyatta is convicted by Kenya’s British rulers.
- 1970Bahr el-Baqar incident: Israeli bombers strike an Egyptian school. 46 children are killed.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1641Henry Sydney, 1st Earl of Romney, English statesman (d. 1704)
- 1906Raoul Jobin, French Canadian tenor (d. 1974)
- 1911Emil Cioran, Romanian philosopher and essayist (d. 1995)
- 1912Sonja Henie, Norwegian figure skater and actress (d. 1969)
- 1920Carmen McRae, American jazz singer (d. 1994)
- 1946Stuart Pankin, American actor
- 1946Tim Thomerson, American actor
- 1962Izzy Stradlin, American musician (Guns N' Roses)
- 1972Paul Gray, American bassist (Slipknot) (d. 2010)
- 1986Erika Sawajiri, Japanese actress, model and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.