April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2021 was the 98th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ISSAFEEYGFWS? Check your answers here: Word finder ISSAFEEYGFWS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1740War of Jenkin’s Ear: Three British ships capture the Spanish third-rate Princesa.
- 1767Ayutthaya kingdom falls to Burmese invaders.
- 1820The Venus de Milo is discovered on the Aegean island of Melos.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Mansfield – Union forces are thwarted by the Confederate army at Mansfield, Louisiana.
- 1904The French Third Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland sign the Entente cordiale.
- 1929Indian Independence Movement: At the Delhi Central Assembly, Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt throw handouts and bombs to court arrest.
- 1945World War II: After an air raid accidentally destroys a train carrying about 4,000 Nazi concentration camp internees in Prussian Hanover, the survivors are massacred by Nazis.
- 1952U.S. President Harry Truman calls for the seizure of all domestic steel mills to prevent a nationwide strike.
- 1961A large explosion on board the MV Dara in the Persian Gulf kills 238.
- 1985Bhopal disaster: India files suit against Union Carbide for the disaster which killed an estimated 2,000 and injured another 200,000.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1902Andrew Irvine, British mountaineer (d. 1924)
- 1914María Félix, Mexican actress (d. 2002)
- 1923George Fisher, American cartoonist (d. 2003)
- 1929Walter Berry, Austrian bass-baritone (d. 2000)
- 1932Sultan Iskandar of Johor, also the 8th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia (d. 2010)
- 1943Michael Bennett, American dancer/choreographer (d. 1987)
- 1973Khaled Badra, Tunisian footballer
- 1975Timo Pérez, Dominican baseball player
- 1977Mehran Ghassemi, Iranian journalist (d. 2008)
- 1979Alexi Laiho, Finnish guitarist and singer (Children of Bodom, Sinergy, Kylähullut)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.