April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2018 was the 98th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1139Roger II of Sicily is excommunicated.
- 1149Pope Eugene III takes refuge in the castle of Ptolemy II of Tusculum.
- 1904The French Third Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland sign the Entente cordiale.
- 1906Auguste Deter, the first person to be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, dies.
- 1918World War I: Actors Douglas Fairbanks and Charlie Chaplin sell war bonds on the streets of New York City’s financial district.
- 1929Indian Independence Movement: At the Delhi Central Assembly, Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt throw handouts and bombs to court arrest.
- 1950India and Pakistan sign the Liaquat-Nehru Pact.
- 1968BOAC Flight 712 catches fire shortly after take off. As a result of her actions in the accident, Barbara Jane Harrison is awarded a posthumous George Cross, the only GC awarded to a woman in peacetime.
- 1987Los Angeles Dodgers executive Al Campanis resigns amid controversy over racially charged remarks he had made while on Nightline.
- 1992Retired tennis great Arthur Ashe announces that he has AIDS, acquired from blood transfusions during one of his two heart surgeries.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1818King Christian IX of Denmark (d. 1906)
- 1905Helen Joseph, South African anti-apartheid activist (d. 1992)
- 1921Franco Corelli, Italian tenor (d. 2003)
- 1946Stuart Pankin, American actor
- 1955Barbara Kingsolver, American novelist
- 1955Gerrie Coetzee, South African boxer
- 1980Manuel Ortega, Austrian singer
- 1981Taylor Kitsch, Canadian actor and model
- 1984Kirsten Storms, American actress
- 1989Hitomi Takahashi, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.