April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2021 was the 98th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OUNIMNOGCS? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OUNIMNOGCS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1730Shearith Israel, the first synagogue in New York City, is dedicated.
- 1808The Roman Catholic Diocese of Baltimore is promoted to an archdiocese, with the founding of the dioceses of New York, Philadelphia, Boston, and Bardstown (now Louisville) by Pope Pius VII.
- 1866Italy and Prussia ally against Austrian Empire.
- 1916In Corona, California, race car driver Bob Burman crashes, killing three, and badly injuring five, spectators.
- 1942World War II: Siege of Leningrad – Soviet forces open a much-needed railway link to Leningrad.
- 1942World War II: The Japanese take Bataan in the Philippines.
- 1954A Royal Canadian Air Force Canadair Harvard collided with a Trans-Canada Airlines Canadair North Star over Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, killing 37 people.
- 1975President Richard Nixon signs into law federal legislation authorizing the establishment of Voyageurs National Park in northern Minnesota.
- 1987Los Angeles Dodgers executive Al Campanis resigns amid controversy over racially charged remarks he had made while on Nightline.
- 1992Retired tennis great Arthur Ashe announces that he has AIDS, acquired from blood transfusions during one of his two heart surgeries.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1859Edmund Husserl, Austrian philosopher (d. 1938)
- 1905Erwin Keller, German field hockey player (d. 1971)
- 1914María Félix, Mexican actress (d. 2002)
- 1926Henry N. Cobb, American architect
- 1943Tony Banks, British politician (d. 2006)
- 1947Steve Howe, English guitarist (Yes, Asia, GTR)
- 1955Gerrie Coetzee, South African boxer
- 1981Brian Burres, American baseball player
- 1981Frédérick Bousquet, French swimmer
- 1984Taran Noah Smith, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.