April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2020 is the 99th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Devon’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1149Pope Eugene III takes refuge in the castle of Ptolemy II of Tusculum.
- 1908Harvard University votes to establish the Harvard Business School.
- 1913The 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution, requiring direct election of Senators, becomes law.
- 1942World War II: Siege of Leningrad – Soviet forces open a much-needed railway link to Leningrad.
- 1950India and Pakistan sign the Liaquat-Nehru Pact.
- 1959A team of computer manufacturers, users, and university people led by Grace Hopper meets to discuss the creation of a new programming language that would be called COBOL.
- 1961A large explosion on board the MV Dara in the Persian Gulf kills 238.
- 1970Bahr el-Baqar incident: Israeli bombers strike an Egyptian school. 46 children are killed.
- 1975Frank Robinson manages the Cleveland Indians in his first game as major league baseball’s first African American manager.
- 2004Darfur conflict: The Humanitarian Ceasefire Agreement is signed by the Sudanese government and two rebel groups.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1920Carmen McRae, American jazz singer (d. 1994)
- 1921Jan Novák, Czech composer (d. 1984)
- 1947Robert Kiyosaki, American investor
- 1949Brenda Russell, American singer/songwriter
- 1949John Madden, English film director
- 1951Gerd Andres, German politician
- 1966Mazinho, Brazilian footballer
- 1981Lito Sheppard, American football cornerback
- 1984Júlia Liptáková, Slovak model
- 1986Igor Akinfeev, Russian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.