April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2021 is the 98th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BMESTYKEU? Check your answers here: Word finder BMESTYKEU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1093The new Winchester Cathedral is dedicated by Walkelin.
- 1866Italy and Prussia ally against Austrian Empire.
- 1886William Ewart Gladstone introduces the first Irish Home Rule Bill into the British House of Commons.
- 1904British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the first chapter of The Book of the Law.
- 1908Harvard University votes to establish the Harvard Business School.
- 1950India and Pakistan sign the Liaquat-Nehru Pact.
- 1952U.S. President Harry Truman calls for the seizure of all domestic steel mills to prevent a nationwide strike.
- 1953Mau Mau leader Jomo Kenyatta is convicted by Kenya’s British rulers.
- 1987Los Angeles Dodgers executive Al Campanis resigns amid controversy over racially charged remarks he had made while on Nightline.
- 2006Shedden massacre: The bodies of eight men, all shot to death, are found in a field in Ontario, Canada. The murders are soon linked to the Bandidos motorcycle gang.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1818August Wilhelm von Hofmann, German chemist (d. 1892)
- 1905Erwin Keller, German field hockey player (d. 1971)
- 1926Henry N. Cobb, American architect
- 1938Kofi Annan, Ghanaian diplomat and former United Nations Secretary General
- 1946Stuart Pankin, American actor
- 1955Ron Johnson, American politician, junior senator of Wisconsin.
- 1956Justin Sullivan, English musician (New Model Army)
- 1962Paddy Lowe, British engineer
- 1963Julian Lennon, English musician and singer
- 1973Khaled Badra, Tunisian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.