April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2019 was the 98th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 217Roman Emperor Caracalla is assassinated (and succeeded) by his Praetorian Guard prefect, Marcus Opellius Macrinus.
- 1271In Syria, sultan Baybars conquers the Krak of Chevaliers.
- 1820The Venus de Milo is discovered on the Aegean island of Melos.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Mansfield – Union forces are thwarted by the Confederate army at Mansfield, Louisiana.
- 1913The 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution, requiring direct election of Senators, becomes law.
- 1929Indian Independence Movement: At the Delhi Central Assembly, Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt throw handouts and bombs to court arrest.
- 1959A team of computer manufacturers, users, and university people led by Grace Hopper meets to discuss the creation of a new programming language that would be called COBOL.
- 1975Frank Robinson manages the Cleveland Indians in his first game as major league baseball’s first African American manager.
- 1985Bhopal disaster: India files suit against Union Carbide for the disaster which killed an estimated 2,000 and injured another 200,000.
- 1993The Republic of Macedonia joins the United Nations.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1761Blessed William Joseph Chaminade, Founder of the Society of Mary (d. 1850)
- 1859Edmund Husserl, Austrian philosopher (d. 1938)
- 1889Sir Adrian Boult, British conductor (d. 1983)
- 1905Erwin Keller, German field hockey player (d. 1971)
- 1906Raoul Jobin, French Canadian tenor (d. 1974)
- 1927Tilly Armstrong (alias Tania Langley and Kate Alexander), British writer (d. 2010)
- 1962Paddy Lowe, British engineer
- 1966Mark Blundell, British racing driver
- 1968Patricia Arquette, American actress
- 1984Taran Noah Smith, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.