April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2018 was the 98th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1139Roger II of Sicily is excommunicated.
- 1767Ayutthaya kingdom falls to Burmese invaders.
- 1942World War II: Siege of Leningrad – Soviet forces open a much-needed railway link to Leningrad.
- 1942World War II: The Japanese take Bataan in the Philippines.
- 1943U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, in an attempt to check inflation, freezes wages and prices, prohibits workers from changing jobs unless the war effort would be aided thereby, and bars rate increases by common carriers and public utilities.
- 1945World War II: After an air raid accidentally destroys a train carrying about 4,000 Nazi concentration camp internees in Prussian Hanover, the survivors are massacred by Nazis.
- 1959A team of computer manufacturers, users, and university people led by Grace Hopper meets to discuss the creation of a new programming language that would be called COBOL.
- 1992Retired tennis great Arthur Ashe announces that he has AIDS, acquired from blood transfusions during one of his two heart surgeries.
- 1999Haryana Gana Parishad, a political party in the Indian state of Haryana, merges with the Indian National Congress.
- 2004Darfur conflict: The Humanitarian Ceasefire Agreement is signed by the Sudanese government and two rebel groups.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1818King Christian IX of Denmark (d. 1906)
- 1875King Albert I of Belgium (d. 1934)
- 1912Alois Brunner, Austrian Nazi
- 1923Edward Mulhare, Irish actor (d. 1997)
- 1941Vivienne Westwood, English fashion designer
- 1943Michael Bennett, American dancer/choreographer (d. 1987)
- 1947Larry Norman, American singer/songwriter (d. 2008)
- 1978Ana de la Reguera, Mexican actress
- 1979Alexi Laiho, Finnish guitarist and singer (Children of Bodom, Sinergy, Kylähullut)
- 1984Júlia Liptáková, Slovak model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.