April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2019 was the 98th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 217Roman Emperor Caracalla is assassinated (and succeeded) by his Praetorian Guard prefect, Marcus Opellius Macrinus.
- 1740War of Jenkin’s Ear: Three British ships capture the Spanish third-rate Princesa.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Mansfield – Union forces are thwarted by the Confederate army at Mansfield, Louisiana.
- 1893The first recorded college basketball game occurs in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania.
- 1895In Pollock v. Farmers’ Loan & Trust Co. the Supreme Court of the United States declares unapportioned income tax to be unconstitutional.
- 1904British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the first chapter of The Book of the Law.
- 1943U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, in an attempt to check inflation, freezes wages and prices, prohibits workers from changing jobs unless the war effort would be aided thereby, and bars rate increases by common carriers and public utilities.
- 1945World War II: After an air raid accidentally destroys a train carrying about 4,000 Nazi concentration camp internees in Prussian Hanover, the survivors are massacred by Nazis.
- 1950India and Pakistan sign the Liaquat-Nehru Pact.
- 1961A large explosion on board the MV Dara in the Persian Gulf kills 238.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1904Hirsch Jacobs, American thoroughbred horse trainer and owner (d. 1970)
- 1928Monty Sunshine, English jazz clarinetist
- 1941Vivienne Westwood, English fashion designer
- 1943Michael Bennett, American dancer/choreographer (d. 1987)
- 1943Tony Banks, British politician (d. 2006)
- 1946Stuart Pankin, American actor
- 1947Robert Kiyosaki, American investor
- 1948Michael Leshner, Canadian lawyer and gay rights advocate
- 1956Justin Sullivan, English musician (New Model Army)
- 1977Mark Spencer, American computer programmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.