April 8: Day of the Week
April 8, 2018 was the 98th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 267 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1740War of Jenkin’s Ear: Three British ships capture the Spanish third-rate Princesa.
- 1866Italy and Prussia ally against Austrian Empire.
- 1886William Ewart Gladstone introduces the first Irish Home Rule Bill into the British House of Commons.
- 1904British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the first chapter of The Book of the Law.
- 1911Dutch physicist Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovers superconductivity.
- 1954A Royal Canadian Air Force Canadair Harvard collided with a Trans-Canada Airlines Canadair North Star over Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, killing 37 people.
- 1959The Organization of American States drafts an agreement to create the Inter-American Development Bank.
- 1960The Netherlands and West Germany sign an agreement to negotiate the return of German land annexed by the Dutch in return for 280 million German marks as Wiedergutmachung.
- 1968BOAC Flight 712 catches fire shortly after take off. As a result of her actions in the accident, Barbara Jane Harrison is awarded a posthumous George Cross, the only GC awarded to a woman in peacetime.
- 2004Darfur conflict: The Humanitarian Ceasefire Agreement is signed by the Sudanese government and two rebel groups.
Who were born on April 8?
- 1842Elizabeth Bacon Custer, wife of George Armstrong Custer (d. 1933)
- 1869Harvey Cushing, American neurosurgeon (d. 1939)
- 1905Erwin Keller, German field hockey player (d. 1971)
- 1911Melvin Calvin, American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1997)
- 1946Stuart Pankin, American actor
- 1954Gary Carter, American baseball player
- 1962Izzy Stradlin, American musician (Guns N' Roses)
- 1964Biz Markie, American rapper/disc jockey
- 1973Emma Caulfield, American actress
- 1984Taran Noah Smith, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.