April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2019 was the 99th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 475Byzantine Emperor Basiliscus issues a circular letter (Enkyklikon) to the bishops of his empire, supporting the Monophysite christological position.
- 1511St John’s College, Cambridge, England, founded by Lady Margaret Beaufort, receives its charter.
- 1782American War of Independence: Battle of the Saintes begins.
- 1860On his phonautograph machine, Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville makes the oldest known recording of an audible human voice.
- 1918The National Council of Bessarabia proclaims union with the Kingdom of Romania.
- 1947The Glazier-Higgins-Woodward tornadoes kill 181 and injure 970 in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
- 1952Hugo Ballivian’s government is overthrown by the Bolivian National Revolution, starting a period of agrarian reform, universal suffrage and the nationalisation of tin mines
- 1959Project Mercury: NASA announces the selection of the United States’ first seven astronauts, whom the news media quickly dub the “Mercury Seven”.
- 1980The Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein kills philosopher Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr and his sister Bint al-Huda after three days of torture.
- 2009In Tbilisi, Georgia, up to 60,000 people protest against the government of Mikheil Saakashvili.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1898Earl “Curly” Lambeau, American football coach, executive (d. 1965)
- 1905J. William Fulbright, American politician (d. 1995)
- 1929Paule Marshall, American author
- 1937Marty Krofft, Canadian television producer
- 1941Chu Song-woong, Korean stage actor (d. 1985)
- 1943Terry Knight, American music promoter (d. 2004)
- 1946Nate Colbert, American baseball player
- 1957Martin Margiela, Belgian fashion designer
- 1978Veronica Taylor, American actress
- 1980Yoanna House, American model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.