April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2019 was the 99th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Angela’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1511St John’s College, Cambridge, England, founded by Lady Margaret Beaufort, receives its charter.
- 1782American War of Independence: Battle of the Saintes begins.
- 1909The U.S. Congress passes the Payne-Aldrich Tariff Act.
- 1914Mexican Revolution: One of the world’s first naval/air skirmishes takes place off the coast of western Mexico.
- 1939Marian Anderson sings at the Lincoln Memorial, after being denied the right to sing at the Daughters of the American Revolution’s Constitution Hall.
- 1947The Glazier-Higgins-Woodward tornadoes kill 181 and injure 970 in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
- 1952Hugo Ballivian’s government is overthrown by the Bolivian National Revolution, starting a period of agrarian reform, universal suffrage and the nationalisation of tin mines
- 1957The Suez Canal in Egypt is cleared and opens to shipping.
- 1965Astrodome opens. First indoor baseball game is played.
- 1975The first game of the Philippine Basketball Association, the second oldest professional basketball league in the world.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1821Charles Baudelaire, French poet (d. 1867)
- 1830Eadweard Muybridge, English-born photographer and motion picture pioneer (d. 1904)
- 1872Léon Blum, French prime minister (d. 1950)
- 1893Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan, Indian historian, writer, scholar (d. 1963)
- 1901Paul Willis, American actor (d. 1960)
- 1928Tom Lehrer, American satirist and mathematician
- 1932Jim Fowler, American zoologist
- 1942Brandon De Wilde, American actor (d. 1972)
- 1954Dennis Quaid, American actor
- 1964Rick Tocchet, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.