April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2022 was the 99th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ILOOVERIJ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ILOOVERIJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 193Septimius Severus is proclaimed Roman Emperor by the army in Illyricum (in the Balkans).
- 1413Henry V is crowned King of England.
- 1440Christopher of Bavaria is appointed King of Denmark.
- 1852At a general conference of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Brigham Young explains the Adam–God doctrine, an important part of the theology of Mormon fundamentalism.
- 1916World War I: The Battle of Verdun – German forces launch their third offensive of the battle.
- 1918World War I: The Battle of the Lys – the Portuguese Expeditionary Corps is crushed by the German forces during what is called the Spring Offensive on the Belgian region of Flanders.
- 1959Project Mercury: NASA announces the selection of the United States’ first seven astronauts, whom the news media quickly dub the “Mercury Seven”.
- 1965Astrodome opens. First indoor baseball game is played.
- 1975The first game of the Philippine Basketball Association, the second oldest professional basketball league in the world.
- 2009In Tbilisi, Georgia, up to 60,000 people protest against the government of Mikheil Saakashvili.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1867Chris Watson, third Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1941)
- 1900Allen Jenkins, American actor (d. 1974)
- 1912Lev Kopelev, Russian author (d. 1997)
- 1917Brad Dexter, American actor (d. 2002)
- 1922Carl Amery, German writer (d. 2005)
- 1933Fern Michaels, American author
- 1945Steve Gadd, American session drummer
- 1965Paulina Porizkova, Czechoslovakian actress and supermodel
- 1984Linda Chung, Canadian/Hong Kong actress and singer
- 1986Brian Larsen, American musician and record producer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.