April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2018 was the 99th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1241Battle of Liegnitz: Mongol forces defeat the Polish and German armies.
- 1585The expedition organised by Sir Walter Raleigh departs England for Roanoke Island (now in North Carolina) to establish the Roanoke Colony.
- 1609Eighty Years’ War: Spain and the Dutch Republic sign the Treaty of Antwerp to initiate twelve years of truce.
- 1918World War I: The Battle of the Lys – the Portuguese Expeditionary Corps is crushed by the German forces during what is called the Spring Offensive on the Belgian region of Flanders.
- 1940World War II: Operation Weserübung – Germany invades Denmark and Norway.
- 1945World War II: The Battle of Königsberg, in East Prussia, ends.
- 1948Fighters from the Irgun and Lehi Zionist paramilitary groups attacked Deir Yassin near Jerusalem, killing over 100.
- 1965Astrodome opens. First indoor baseball game is played.
- 1967The first Boeing 737 (a 100 series) makes its maiden flight.
- 1992John Major’s Conservative Party wins an unprecedented fourth general election victory in the United Kingdom.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1597John Davenport, Connecticut pioneer (d. 1670)
- 1897John B. Gambling, American radio talk show host (d. 1974)
- 1903Ward Bond, American actor (d. 1960)
- 1915Daniel Johnson, Sr., Canadian politician (d. 1968)
- 1933Jean-Paul Belmondo, French actor
- 1943Terry Knight, American music promoter (d. 2004)
- 1944Joe Brinkman, American Major League Umpire
- 1964Margaret Peterson Haddix, American author
- 1984Linda Chung, Canadian/Hong Kong actress and singer
- 1987Jesse McCartney, American actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.