April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2022 is the 99th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OALGIYZ? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OALGIYZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 475Byzantine Emperor Basiliscus issues a circular letter (Enkyklikon) to the bishops of his empire, supporting the Monophysite christological position.
- 1865American Civil War: Robert E. Lee surrenders the Army of Northern Virginia (26,765 troops) to Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Courthouse, Virginia, effectively ending the war.
- 1945The United States Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
- 1945World War II: The Battle of Königsberg, in East Prussia, ends.
- 1948Fighters from the Irgun and Lehi Zionist paramilitary groups attacked Deir Yassin near Jerusalem, killing over 100.
- 1948Jorge Eliécer Gaitán’s assassination provokes a violent riot in Bogotá (the Bogotazo), and a further ten years of violence in Colombia known as La violencia.
- 1952Hugo Ballivian’s government is overthrown by the Bolivian National Revolution, starting a period of agrarian reform, universal suffrage and the nationalisation of tin mines
- 1961The Pacific Electric Railway in Los Angeles, once the largest electric railway in the world, ends operations.
- 1968Funeral of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 1992John Major’s Conservative Party wins an unprecedented fourth general election victory in the United Kingdom.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1846Paolo Tosti, Italian composer (d. 1916)
- 1897John B. Gambling, American radio talk show host (d. 1974)
- 1932Armin Jordan, Swiss conductor (d. 2006)
- 1935Avery Schreiber, American actor (d. 2002)
- 1942Brandon De Wilde, American actor (d. 1972)
- 1955Joolz Denby, English poet and novelist
- 1957Seve Ballesteros, Spanish golfer (d. 2011)
- 1972Bernard Ackah, Ivorian mixed martial artist and comedian
- 1974Alexander Pichushkin, Russian serial killer
- 1979Keith Nobbs, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.