April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2020 is the 100th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Matthew’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1413Henry V is crowned King of England.
- 1511St John’s College, Cambridge, England, founded by Lady Margaret Beaufort, receives its charter.
- 1918World War I: The Battle of the Lys – the Portuguese Expeditionary Corps is crushed by the German forces during what is called the Spring Offensive on the Belgian region of Flanders.
- 1945World War II: The German pocket battleship Admiral Scheer is sunk.
- 1947The Glazier-Higgins-Woodward tornadoes kill 181 and injure 970 in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
- 1959Project Mercury: NASA announces the selection of the United States’ first seven astronauts, whom the news media quickly dub the “Mercury Seven”.
- 1969The “Chicago Eight” plead not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to incite a riot at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1975The first game of the Philippine Basketball Association, the second oldest professional basketball league in the world.
- 1981The U.S. Navy nuclear submarine USS George Washington accidentally collides with the Nissho Maru, a Japanese cargo ship, sinking it.
- 1992John Major’s Conservative Party wins an unprecedented fourth general election victory in the United Kingdom.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1937Valerie Singleton, British television presenter
- 1938Viktor Chernomyrdin, Russian politician (d. 2010)
- 1945Peter Gammons, American sports journalist
- 1948Jaya Bachchan, Indian actress
- 1953John Howard, English singer-songwriter
- 1962Ihor Podolchak, Ukrainian artist and film director
- 1979Katsuni, French pornographic actress
- 1982Carlos Hernández, Costa Rican footballer
- 1985David Robertson, American baseball player
- 1987Jesse McCartney, American actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.