April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2021 was the 99th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZBTZUKEMIII? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ZBTZUKEMIII. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1388Despite being outnumbered 16 to 1, forces of the Old Swiss Confederacy are victorious over the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Näfels.
- 1413Henry V is crowned King of England.
- 1682Robert Cavelier de La Salle discovers the mouth of the Mississippi River, claims it for France and names it Louisiana.
- 1782American War of Independence: Battle of the Saintes begins.
- 1916World War I: The Battle of Verdun – German forces launch their third offensive of the battle.
- 1917World War I: The Battle of Arras – the battle begins with Canadian Corps executing a massive assault on Vimy Ridge.
- 1947The Journey of Reconciliation, the first interracial Freedom Ride begins through the upper South in violation of Jim Crow laws. The riders wanted enforcement of the United States Supreme Court’s 1946 Irene Morgan decision that banned racial segregation in interstate travel.
- 1948Fighters from the Irgun and Lehi Zionist paramilitary groups attacked Deir Yassin near Jerusalem, killing over 100.
- 1968Funeral of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 2011A gunman murdered five people, injured eleven, and committed suicide in a mall in the Netherlands.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1872Léon Blum, French prime minister (d. 1950)
- 1897John B. Gambling, American radio talk show host (d. 1974)
- 1930F. Albert Cotton, American chemist (d. 2007)
- 1941Hannah Gordon, British actress
- 1941Kay Adams, American country singer
- 1948Jaya Bachchan, Indian actress
- 1954Dennis Quaid, American actor
- 1962Imran Sherwani, British field hockey player
- 1964Rick Tocchet, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985David Robertson, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.