April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2021 is the 99th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZUARWZMI? Check your answers here: Word finder ZUARWZMI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 475Byzantine Emperor Basiliscus issues a circular letter (Enkyklikon) to the bishops of his empire, supporting the Monophysite christological position.
- 1585The expedition organised by Sir Walter Raleigh departs England for Roanoke Island (now in North Carolina) to establish the Roanoke Colony.
- 1937The Kamikaze arrives at Croydon Airport in London – it is the first Japanese-built aircraft to fly to Europe.
- 1957The Suez Canal in Egypt is cleared and opens to shipping.
- 1969The “Chicago Eight” plead not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to incite a riot at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1981The U.S. Navy nuclear submarine USS George Washington accidentally collides with the Nissho Maru, a Japanese cargo ship, sinking it.
- 1992A U.S. Federal Court finds former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega guilty of drug and racketeering charges. He is sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- 1992John Major’s Conservative Party wins an unprecedented fourth general election victory in the United Kingdom.
- 2005Wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall; Charles, Prince of Wales marries Camilla Parker Bowles in a civil ceremony at Windsor’s Guildhall.
- 2009In Tbilisi, Georgia, up to 60,000 people protest against the government of Mikheil Saakashvili.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1846Paolo Tosti, Italian composer (d. 1916)
- 1898Earl “Curly” Lambeau, American football coach, executive (d. 1965)
- 1908Victor Vasarely, Hungarian-born painter (d. 1997)
- 1921Frankie Thomas, American actor (d. 2006)
- 1930F. Albert Cotton, American chemist (d. 2007)
- 1955Joolz Denby, English poet and novelist
- 1955Kate Heyhoe, American food writer
- 1975David Gordon Green, American filmmaker
- 1979Keshia Knight Pulliam, American actress
- 1989Danielle Kahle, American figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.