April 9: Day of the Week
April 9, 2021 was the 99th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 266 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RVUJEXZLE? Check your answers here: Word scramble RVUJEXZLE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1388Despite being outnumbered 16 to 1, forces of the Old Swiss Confederacy are victorious over the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Näfels.
- 1413Henry V is crowned King of England.
- 1860On his phonautograph machine, Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville makes the oldest known recording of an audible human voice.
- 1916World War I: The Battle of Verdun – German forces launch their third offensive of the battle.
- 1945The United States Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
- 1965Astrodome opens. First indoor baseball game is played.
- 1969The “Chicago Eight” plead not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to incite a riot at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1989The April 9 tragedy in Tbilisi, Georgian SSR an anti-Soviet peaceful demonstration and hunger strikes, demanding restoration of Georgian independence is dispersed by the Soviet army, resulting in 20 deaths and hundreds of injuries.
- 1992A U.S. Federal Court finds former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega guilty of drug and racketeering charges. He is sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- 2005Wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall; Charles, Prince of Wales marries Camilla Parker Bowles in a civil ceremony at Windsor’s Guildhall.
Who were born on April 9?
- 1634Albertine Agnes of Nassau, Regent of Friesland, Groningen and Drenthe (d. 1696)
- 1648Henri de Massue, Marquis de Ruvigny, 1st Viscount Galway, French soldier and diplomat (d. 1720)
- 1686James Craggs the Younger, British politician (d. 1721)
- 1913Smaro Stefanidou, Greek actress (d. 2010)
- 1915Daniel Johnson, Sr., Canadian politician (d. 1968)
- 1930Nathaniel Branden, Canadian psychotherapist
- 1936Valerie Solanas, American feminist, attempted murderer of Andy Warhol (d. 1988)
- 1946David Webb, English footballer and coach
- 1987Jarrod Mullen, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1988Dino Imperial, Filipino actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.