August 10: Day of the Week
August 10, 2021 is the 222nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 143 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VSHLLCEEEW? Check your answers here: Word finder VSHLLCEEEW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 10: This Day in History
The term ‘the 10th of August’is widely used by historians as a shorthand for the Storming of the Tuileries Palace on the 10th of August, 1792, the effective end of the French monarchy until it is restored in 1814.
August 10 Historical Event(s)
- 991Battle of Maldon: the English, led by Byrhtnoth, Ealdorman of Essex, are defeated by a band of inland-raiding Vikings near Maldon in Essex.
- 1755Under the orders of Charles Lawrence, the British Army begins to forcibly deport the Acadians from Nova Scotia to the Thirteen Colonies.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: word of the United States Declaration of Independence reaches London.
- 1813Instituto Nacional, is founded by the Chilean patriot José Miguel Carrera. It is Chile’s oldest and most prestigious school. Its motto is Labor Omnia Vincit, which means “Work conquers all things”.
- 1901The U.S. Steel Recognition Strike by the Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers begins.
- 1904Russo-Japanese War: the Battle of the Yellow Sea between the Russian and Japanese battleship fleets takes place.
- 1905Russo-Japanese War: peace negotiations begin in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- 1913Second Balkan War: delegates from Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, and Greece sign the Treaty of Bucharest, ending the war.
- 1920World War I: Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI’s representatives sign the Treaty of Sèvres that divides up the Ottoman Empire between the Allies.
- 1954At Massena, New York, the groundbreaking ceremony for the Saint Lawrence Seaway is held.
Who were born on August 10?
- 1860Vishnu Narayan Bhatkhande, Indian musicologist (d. 1936)
- 1907Su Yu, Chinese Communist military leader (d. 1984)
- 1914Carlos Menditeguy, Argentine racing driver (d. 1973)
- 1943Jimmy Griffin, American guitarist (Bread) (d. 2005)
- 1943Shafqat Rana, Pakistani cricketer
- 1963Andrew Sullivan, English-born American journalist
- 1968Greg Hawgood, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1971Mario Kindelán, Cuban boxer
- 1972Lawrence Dallaglio, English rugby union footballer
- 1979Ted Geoghegan, American filmmaker and author
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.