August 10: Day of the Week
August 10, 2021 is the 222nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 143 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TOAOUTLU? Check your answers here: Word scramble TOAOUTLU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 10: This Day in History
The term ‘the 10th of August’is widely used by historians as a shorthand for the Storming of the Tuileries Palace on the 10th of August, 1792, the effective end of the French monarchy until it is restored in 1814.
August 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1316The Second Battle of Athenry takes place near Athenry during the Bruce campaign in Ireland.
- 1519Ferdinand Magellan’s five ships set sail from Seville to circumnavigate the globe. The Basque second in command Sebastian Elcano will complete the expedition after Magellan’s death in the Philippines.
- 1680The Pueblo Revolt begins in New Mexico.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Wilson’s Creek – the war enters Missouri when a band of raw Confederate troops defeat Union forces in the southwestern part of the state.
- 1949U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs the National Security Act Amendment, streamlining the defense agencies of the United States government, and replacing the Department of War with the United States Department of Defense.
- 1969A day after murdering Sharon Tate and four others, members of Charles Manson’s cult kill Leno and Rosemary LaBianca.
- 1971The Society for American Baseball Research is founded in Cooperstown, New York.
- 1998HRH Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah is proclaimed the crown prince of Brunei with a Royal Proclamation.
- 2006Scotland Yard disrupts a major terrorist plot to destroy aircraft traveling from the United Kingdom to the United States.
- 2009Twenty people are killed in Handlová, Trenčín Region, in the deadliest mining disaster in Slovakia’s history.
Who were born on August 10?
- 1827Lovro Toman, Slovenian politician (d. 1870)
- 1880Robert L. Thornton, American businessman, philanthropist, and politician (d. 1964)
- 1897John W. Galbreath, American businessman (d. 1988)
- 1908Billy Gonsalves, American soccer player (d. 1977)
- 1914Jeff Corey, American actor (d. 2002)
- 1924Martha Hyer, American actress
- 1927Vernon Washington, American actor (d. 1988)
- 1933Keith Duckworth, English mechanical engineer (Cosworth) (d. 2005)
- 1970Steve Mautone, Australian footballer
- 1984Ryan Eggold, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.