August 10: Day of the Week
August 10, 2021 is the 222nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 143 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ODQIUWIL? Check your answers here: Word search ODQIUWIL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 10: This Day in History
The term ‘the 10th of August’is widely used by historians as a shorthand for the Storming of the Tuileries Palace on the 10th of August, 1792, the effective end of the French monarchy until it is restored in 1814.
August 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1675The foundation stone of the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London is laid.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Wilson’s Creek – the war enters Missouri when a band of raw Confederate troops defeat Union forces in the southwestern part of the state.
- 1913Second Balkan War: delegates from Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, and Greece sign the Treaty of Bucharest, ending the war.
- 1920World War I: Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI’s representatives sign the Treaty of Sèvres that divides up the Ottoman Empire between the Allies.
- 1932A 5.1 kg chondrite-type meteorite breaks into at least seven pieces and lands near the town of Archie in Cass County, Missouri.
- 1961First use in Vietnam War of the Agent Orange by the U.S. Army.
- 1988Japanese American internment: U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, providing $20,000 payments to Japanese Americans who were either interned in or relocated by the United States during World War II.
- 1990More than 127 Muslims are killed in North East Sri Lanka by paramilitary troops.
- 1990The Magellan space probe reaches Venus.
- 2003The highest temperature ever recorded in the United Kingdom – 38.5 °C in Kent. It is the first time the United Kingdom has recorded a temperature over 100 °F.
Who were born on August 10?
- 1911A. N. Sherwin-White, English historian (d. 1993)
- 1942Betsey Johnson, American fashion designer
- 1945Laura Spurr, American Indian tribal chair (d. 2010)
- 1954Peter Endrulat, German footballer
- 1959Rosanna Arquette, American actress
- 1968Michael Bivins, American singer (New Edition, Bell Biv DeVoe)
- 1973Javier Zanetti, Argentinian footballer
- 1977Matt Morgan, British comedian
- 1979Ted Geoghegan, American filmmaker and author
- 1983Chrisna Bootha, South African netballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.