August 14: Day of the Week
August 14, 2019 was the 226th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 139 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
August 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1183Taira no Munemori and the Taira clan take the young Emperor Antoku and the three sacred treasures and flee to western Japan to escape pursuit by the Minamoto clan. (Traditional Japanese date: Twenty-fifth Day of the Seventh Month of the Second Year of Juei).
- 1816the United Kingdom formally annexed the Tristan da Cunha archipelago, ruling them from the Cape Colony in South Africa.
- 1842Indian Wars: Second Seminole War ends, with the Seminoles forced from Florida to Oklahoma.
- 1848Oregon Territory is organized by act of Congress.
- 1897Franco-Hova War: The town of Anosimena is captured by French troops from Menabe defenders in Madagascar.
- 1900The Eight-Nation Alliance occupies Beijing, in a campaign to end the bloody Boxer Rebellion in China.
- 1933Loggers cause a forest fire in the Coast Range of Oregon, later known as the first forest fire of the Tillamook Burn. It is extinguished on September 5, after destroying 240,000 acre.
- 1969Operation Banner: British troops are deployed in Northern Ireland.
- 1973The Pakistani Constitution of 1973 comes into effect.
- 1980Lech Wałęsa leads strikes at the Gdańsk, Poland shipyards.
Who were born on August 14?
- 1740Pope Pius VII (d. 1823)
- 1866Charles Jean de la Vallée-Poussin, Belgian mathematician (d. 1962)
- 1915B.A. Santamaria, Australian political activist and journalist (d. 1998)
- 1924Holger Juul Hansen, Danish actor
- 1947Jiro Taniguchi, Japanese manga artist
- 1953James Horner, American composer
- 1956Johnny Lever, Indian actor
- 1968Catherine Bell, American actress
- 1981Earl Barron, American basketball player
- 1987Tim Tebow, American football player and winner of 2007 Heisman trophy
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.