August 14: Day of the Week
August 14, 2022 is the 226th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 139 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TTAAKAU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters TTAAKAU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1385Portuguese Crisis of 1383–1385: Battle of Aljubarrota – Portuguese forces commanded by King João I and his general Nuno Álvares Pereira defeat the Castilian army of King Juan I.
- 1592Imjin War: Battle of Hansando Admiral Yi Sun-sin decisively defeats the Japanese Navy at Hasan Island.
- 1842Indian Wars: Second Seminole War ends, with the Seminoles forced from Florida to Oklahoma.
- 1880Construction of Cologne Cathedral, the most famous landmark in Cologne, Germany, is completed.
- 1901The first claimed powered flight, by Gustave Whitehead in his Number 21.
- 1916Romania declares war on Austro-Hungary, joining the Entente in World War I
- 1935United States Social Security Act passes, creating a government pension system for the retired.
- 1941World War II – Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt sign the Atlantic Charter of war stating postwar aims.
- 1967UK Marine Broadcasting Offences Act declares participation in offshore pirate radio illegal.
- 2010The first-ever Youth Olympic Games are held in Singapore.
Who were born on August 14?
- 1297Emperor Hanazono, Emperor of Japan (d. 1348)
- 1575Robert Hayman, English-born poet (d. 1629)
- 1867John Galsworthy, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1933)
- 1876Aleksandar Obrenović, King of Serbia (d. 1903)
- 1956Johnny Lever, Indian actor
- 1962Mark Gubicza, American baseball player
- 1964Neal Anderson, American football player
- 1976Alex Albrecht, American actor
- 1986Cameron Jerome, English footballer
- 1987Chrystina Sayers, American singer and dancer (Girlicious)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.