August 21: Day of the Week
August 21, 2021 is the 233rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 132 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VXOEIQK? Check your answers here: Word solver VXOEIQK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1331King Stephen Uroš III, after months of anarchy, surrenders to his son and rival Stephen Dušan, who succeeds as King of Serbia.
- 1778American Revolutionary War: British forces begin besieging the French outpost at Pondicherry.
- 1810Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Marshal of France, is elected Crown Prince of Sweden by the Swedish Riksdag of the Estates.
- 1831Nat Turner leads black slaves and free blacks in a rebellion.
- 1942World War II: a Nazi flag is installed atop the Mount Elbrus.
- 1944Dumbarton Oaks Conference, prelude to the United Nations, begins.
- 1982Lebanese Civil War: The first troops of a multinational force lands in Beirut to oversee the Palestine Liberation Organization’s withdrawal from Lebanon.
- 1992Ruby Ridge Standoff in Idaho
- 1993NASA loses contact with the Mars Observer spacecraft.
- 2001The Red Cross announces that a famine is striking Tajikistan, and calls for international financial aid for Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Who were born on August 21?
- 1643King Afonso VI of Portugal (d. 1683)
- 1765William IV of the United Kingdom (d. 1837)
- 1925Judy Grable, American professional wrestler (d. 2008)
- 1936Radish Tordia, painter of Figurative Art from Georgia
- 1951Eric Goles, Chilean mathematician and computer scientist
- 1956Kim Cattrall, English-born actress
- 1959Jim McMahon, American football player
- 1973Steve McKenna, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1982Jason Eaton, New Zealand All Black rugby player
- 1986Usain Bolt, Jamaican sprinter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.