August 25: Day of the Week
August 25, 2019 was the 237th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 128 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kennedy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
August 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1248The Dutch city of Ommen receives city rights and fortification rights from Otto III, the Archbishop of Utrecht.
- 1580Battle of Alcântara. Spain defeats Portugal.
- 1914World War I: The library of the Catholic University of Leuven is deliberately destroyed by the German Army. Hundreds of thousands of irreplaceable volumes and Gothic and Renaissance manuscripts are lost.
- 1939The United Kingdom and Poland form a military alliance in which the UK promises to defend Poland in case of invasion by a foreign power.
- 1944World War II: Paris is liberated by the Allies.
- 1981Voyager 2 spacecraft makes its closest approach to Saturn
- 1989Mayumi Moriyama becomes Japan’s first female cabinet secretary.
- 1989Tadeusz Mazowiecki is chosen as the first non-communist Prime Minister in Central and Eastern Europe.
- 1997Egon Krenz, the former East German leader, is convicted of a shoot-to-kill policy at the Berlin Wall.
- 2003The Tli Cho land claims agreement is signed between the Dogrib First Nations and the Canadian federal government in Rae-Edzo (now called Behchoko).
Who were born on August 25?
- 1893Henry Trendley Dean, American dental researcher (d. 1962)
- 1898Helmut Hasse, German mathematician (d. 1975)
- 1928John “Kayo” Dottley, American football player
- 1931Regis Philbin, American television host
- 1963Shock G, American singer and rapper (Digital Underground)
- 1965Sanjeev Sharma, Indian cricketer
- 1969John Witt, author, sportswriter, actor and Ballhawk
- 1976Javed Qadeer, Pakistani cricketer
- 1980Neal Musser, American baseball player
- 1981Rachel Bilson, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.