August 25: Day of the Week
August 25, 2020 is the 238th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 128 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marc’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
August 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1768James Cook begins his first voyage.
- 1825Uruguay declares its independence from Brazil.
- 1894Kitasato Shibasaburō discovers the infectious agent of the bubonic plague and publishes his findings in The Lancet.
- 1912The Kuomintang, the Chinese nationalist party, is founded.
- 1914World War I: The library of the Catholic University of Leuven is deliberately destroyed by the German Army. Hundreds of thousands of irreplaceable volumes and Gothic and Renaissance manuscripts are lost.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Milne Bay, Papua New Guinea.
- 1945Ten days after World War II ends with Japan announcing its surrender, armed supporters of the Communist Party of China kill Baptist missionary John Birch, regarded by some of the American right as the first victim of the Cold War.
- 1981Voyager 2 spacecraft makes its closest approach to Saturn
- 1991The Airbus A340 aircraft makes it’s first flight.
- 1997Egon Krenz, the former East German leader, is convicted of a shoot-to-kill policy at the Berlin Wall.
Who were born on August 25?
- 1913Don DeFore, American actor (d. 1993)
- 1933Patrick McManus, American outdoor humor writer
- 1933Wayne Shorter, American jazz musician (Miles Davis, Weather Report)
- 1951Rob Halford, English singer (Judas Priest)
- 1964Blair Underwood, American actor
- 1964Dan Parent, American comic book artist and writer
- 1964Marti Noxon, American television writer and producer
- 1977Diego Corrales, American boxer (d. 2007)
- 1987James Wesolowski, Australian footballer
- 1992Miyabi Natsuyaki, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.