August 25: Day of the Week
August 25, 2020 was the 238th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 128 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WVLOLNIU? Check your answers here: Unscramble words WVLOLNIU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1758Seven Years’ War: Frederick II of Prussia defeats the Russian army at the Battle of Zorndorf.
- 1898700 Greek civilians, 17 British guards and the British Consul of Crete are killed by a Turkish mob in Heraklion, Greece.
- 1916The United States National Park Service is created.
- 1920Polish-Soviet War: Battle of Warsaw, which began on August 13, ends. The Red Army is defeated.
- 1921The first skirmishes of the Battle of Blair Mountain occur.
- 1944World War II: Paris is liberated by the Allies.
- 1945Ten days after World War II ends with Japan announcing its surrender, armed supporters of the Communist Party of China kill Baptist missionary John Birch, regarded by some of the American right as the first victim of the Cold War.
- 1950President Harry Truman orders the US Army to seize control of the nation’s railroads to avert a strike.
- 1991Belarus gains its independence from the Soviet Union
- 2003The Tli Cho land claims agreement is signed between the Dogrib First Nations and the Canadian federal government in Rae-Edzo (now called Behchoko).
Who were born on August 25?
- 1620István Gyöngyösi, Hungarian poet (d. 1704)
- 1707King Louis I of Spain, (d. 1724)
- 1796James Lick, American land baron (d. 1876)
- 1916Frederick Chapman Robbins, American pediatrician and virologist; Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003)
- 1916Van Johnson, American actor (d. 2008)
- 1918Richard Greene, English actor (d. 1985)
- 1928Herbert Kroemer, German-born physicist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1948Nicholas A. Peppas, Greek chemical and biomedical engineer
- 1955Vijayakanth, Tamil actor and politician
- 1956Takeshi Okada, Japanese football manager
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.