August 25: Day of the Week
August 25, 2020 is the 238th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 128 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katrina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
August 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1537The Honourable Artillery Company, the oldest surviving regiment in the British Army, and the second most senior, is formed.
- 1609Galileo Galilei demonstrates his first telescope to Venetian lawmakers.
- 1830The Belgian Revolution begins.
- 1835The New York Sun perpetrates the Great Moon Hoax.
- 1920Polish-Soviet War: Battle of Warsaw, which began on August 13, ends. The Red Army is defeated.
- 1939The United Kingdom and Poland form a military alliance in which the UK promises to defend Poland in case of invasion by a foreign power.
- 1961President Jânio Quadros of Brazil resigns after just seven months in power.
- 1991Linus Torvalds announces the first version of what will become Linux.
- 1997Egon Krenz, the former East German leader, is convicted of a shoot-to-kill policy at the Berlin Wall.
- 2003The Tli Cho land claims agreement is signed between the Dogrib First Nations and the Canadian federal government in Rae-Edzo (now called Behchoko).
Who were born on August 25?
- 1662John Leverett the Younger, American educator (d. 1724)
- 1802Nikolaus Lenau, Austrian poet (d. 1850)
- 1817Marie-Eugénie de Jésus, Founder of the Religious of the Assumption (d. 1898)
- 1928John “Kayo” Dottley, American football player
- 1964Maxim Kontsevich, Russian mathematician
- 1966Albert Belle, American baseball player
- 1968Rachael Ray, American chef and television personality
- 1968Takeshi Ueda, Japanese singer and composer
- 1981Rachel Bilson, American actress
- 1987Stacey Farber, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.