August 25: Day of the Week
August 25, 2021 is the 237th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 128 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EEAQVOGAKM? Check your answers here: Word finder EEAQVOGAKM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1258Regent George Mouzalon and his brothers are killed during a coup headed by the aristocratic faction under, paving the way for its leader, Michael VIII Palaiologos, to ultimately usurp the throne of the Empire of Nicaea.
- 1825Uruguay declares its independence from Brazil.
- 1830The Belgian Revolution begins.
- 1920Polish-Soviet War: Battle of Warsaw, which began on August 13, ends. The Red Army is defeated.
- 1942World War II: second day of the Battle of the Eastern Solomons. A Japanese naval transport convoy headed towards Guadalcanal is turned-back by an Allied air attack, losing one destroyer and one transport sunk, and one light cruiser heavily damaged.
- 1944World War II: Paris is liberated by the Allies.
- 1980Zimbabwe joins the United Nations.
- 1989Tadeusz Mazowiecki is chosen as the first non-communist Prime Minister in Central and Eastern Europe.
- 1991The Airbus A340 aircraft makes it’s first flight.
- 2003The Tli Cho land claims agreement is signed between the Dogrib First Nations and the Canadian federal government in Rae-Edzo (now called Behchoko).
Who were born on August 25?
- 1707King Louis I of Spain, (d. 1724)
- 1867James W. Gerard, American jurist and diplomat (d. 1951)
- 1910Ruby Keeler, Canadian singer and actress (d. 1993)
- 1913Walt Kelly, American cartoonist (d. 1973)
- 1921Brian Moore, Irish-born writer (d. 1999)
- 1933Wayne Shorter, American jazz musician (Miles Davis, Weather Report)
- 1934Lise Bacon, French Canadian politician
- 1951Bill Handel, American radio personality
- 1965Cornelius Bennett, American football player
- 1980Neal Musser, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.