August 27: Day of the Week
August 27, 2019 is the 239th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 126 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
August 27 Historical Event(s)
- 1593Pierre Barrière fails in his attempt to assassinate King Henry IV of France.
- 1813French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte defeats a larger force of Austrians, Russians, and Prussians at the Battle of Dresden.
- 1916Romania declares war against Austria-Hungary, entering World War I as one of the Allied nations.
- 1921The British install the son of Sharif Hussein bin Ali (leader of the Arab Revolt of 1916 against the Ottoman Empire) as King Faisal I of Iraq.
- 1939First flight of the turbojet-powered Heinkel He 178, the world’s first jet aircraft.
- 1943Japanese forces evacuate New Georgia Island in the Pacific Theater of Operations during World War II.
- 1971An attempted coup fails in the African nation of Chad. The Government of Chad accuses Egypt of playing a role in the attempt and breaks off diplomatic relations.
- 1975The Governor of Portuguese Timor abandons its capital, Dili, and flees to Atauro Island, leaving control to a rebel group.
- 1982Turkish military diplomat Colonel Atilla Altıkat is shot and killed in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada’s capital. Justice Commandos Against Armenian Genocide claim responsibility, saying they are avenging the massacre of 1.5 million Armenians in the 1915 Armenian Genocide.
- 2009The Burmese military junta and ethnic armies begin three days of violent clashes in the Kokang Special Region.
Who were born on August 27?
- 1803Edward Beecher, American theologian (d. 1895)
- 1913Nina Schenk Gräfin von Stauffenberg, Russian-born wife of Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg (d. 2006)
- 1955Laura Fygi, Dutch singer
- 1955Robert Richardson, American cinematographer
- 1958Sergei Krikalev, Russian cosmonaut
- 1961Tom Ford, American fashion designer
- 1962Adam Oates, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1962Thomas Duggan, American photographer
- 1973Cory Bowles, Canadian actor
- 1987Darren McFadden, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.