August 28: Day of the Week
August 28, 2019 is the 240th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 125 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
August 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1609Henry Hudson discovers Delaware Bay.
- 1833The Slavery Abolition Act 1833 receives Royal Assent, abolishing slavery through most the British Empire.
- 1845The first issue of Scientific American magazine is published.
- 1879Cetshwayo, last king of the Zulus, is captured by the British.
- 1914World War I: German troops conquer Namur.
- 1937Toyota Motors becomes an independent company.
- 1964The Philadelphia race riot begins.
- 1979An IRA bomb explodes on the Grand Place in Brussels.
- 1990Iraq declares Kuwait to be its newest province.
- 1996Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales divorce.
Who were born on August 28?
- 1801Antoine Augustin Cournot, French mathematician (d. 1877)
- 1887István Kühár, Slovene (Prekmurian) writer and politician (d. 1922)
- 1894Karl Böhm, Austrian conductor (d. 1981)
- 1905Cyril Walters, England cricketer (d. 1992)
- 1928F. William Free, American advertising executive (d. 2003)
- 1944Marianne Heemskerk, Dutch swimmer
- 1951Wayne Osmond, American singer (The Osmonds)
- 1957Ivo Josipovic, President of Croatia
- 1979Kristen Hughes, Australian netballer
- 1983Alfonso Herrera, Mexican actor and singer (RBD)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.