August 3: Day of the Week
August 3, 2022 is the 215th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 150 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KUFEBDEPNAQ? Check your answers here: Word scramble KUFEBDEPNAQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 3 Historical Event(s)
- 8Roman Empire general Tiberius defeats Dalmatae on the river Bathinus.
- 1492Christopher Columbus sets sail from Palos de la Frontera, Spain.
- 1527The first known letter from North America is sent by John Rut while at St. John’s, Newfoundland.
- 1811First ascent of Jungfrau, third highest summit in the Bernese Alps by brothers Johann Rudolf and Hieronymus Meyer.
- 1903Macedonian rebels in Kruševo proclaim the Kruševo Republic, which exists only for 10 days before Ottoman Turks lay waste to the town.
- 1929Jiddu Krishnamurti, tapped to be the messianic “World Teacher”, shocks the Theosophy movement by dissolving the Order of the Star, the organisation built to support him.
- 1948Whittaker Chambers accuses Alger Hiss of being a communist and a spy for the Soviet Union.
- 1972The United States Senate ratifies the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
- 1977The United States Senate begins its hearing on Project MKULTRA.
- 2001The Real IRA detonates a car bomb in Ealing, London, United Kingdom injuring seven people.
Who were born on August 3?
- 1808Hamilton Fish, American politician (d. 1893)
- 1856Alfred Deakin, 2nd Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1919)
- 1904Clifford D. Simak, American writer (d. 1988)
- 1918Larry Haines, American actor (d. 2008)
- 1923Jean Hagen, American film and TV actress (d. 1977)
- 1940James Tyler, American musicologist and author (d. 2010)
- 1940Martin Sheen, American actor
- 1949Philip Casnoff, American actor
- 1959Martin Atkins, English drummer (Public Image Ltd., Ministry, Killing Joke)
- 1978Joi Chua, Singaporean singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.