August 3: Day of the Week
August 3, 2020 was the 216th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 150 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VMLACDUIKSHU? Check your answers here: Word finder VMLACDUIKSHU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 3 Historical Event(s)
- 881Battle of Saucourt-en-Vimeu: Louis III of France defeats the Vikings, an event celebrated in the poem Ludwigslied.
- 1860The Second Maori War begins in New Zealand.
- 1907Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis fines Standard Oil of Indiana a record $29.4 million for illegal rebating to freight carriers; the conviction and fine are later reversed on appeal.
- 1913A major labour dispute, known as the Wheatland Hop Riot, starts in Wheatland, California.
- 1940World War II: Italian forces begin the invasion of British Somaliland.
- 1948Whittaker Chambers accuses Alger Hiss of being a communist and a spy for the Soviet Union.
- 1949The National Basketball Association is founded in the United States.
- 1960Niger gains independence from France.
- 1972The United States Senate ratifies the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
- 2004The pedestal of the Statue of Liberty reopens after being closed since the September 11 attacks.
Who were born on August 3?
- 1911Alex McCrindle, Scottish actor (d. 1990)
- 1925Marv Levy, American football coach
- 1940James Tyler, American musicologist and author (d. 2010)
- 1940Martin Sheen, American actor
- 1941Beverly Lee, American singer (Shirelles)
- 1951Jay North, American actor
- 1970Masahiro Sakurai, Japanese video game developer
- 1976Troy Glaus, American baseball player
- 1980Brandan Schieppati, American singer (Bleeding Through)
- 1984Chris Maurer, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.