August 3: Day of the Week
August 3, 2019 was the 215th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 150 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
August 3 Historical Event(s)
- 8Roman Empire general Tiberius defeats Dalmatae on the river Bathinus.
- 435Deposed Patriarch of Constantinople Nestorius, considered the originator of Nestorianism, is exiled by Roman Emperor Theodosius II to a monastery in Egypt.
- 1783Mount Asama erupts in Japan, killing 35,000 people.
- 1811First ascent of Jungfrau, third highest summit in the Bernese Alps by brothers Johann Rudolf and Hieronymus Meyer.
- 1852Harvard wins the first Boat Race between Yale and Harvard. The race is also the first American intercollegiate athletic event
- 1860The Second Maori War begins in New Zealand.
- 1900The Firestone Tire & Rubber Company is founded.
- 1946Santa Claus Land, the world’s first themed amusement park, opens in Santa Claus, Indiana, US.
- 1997Oued El-Had and Mezouara massacre in Algeria; a total of 116 villagers killed, 40 in Oued El-Had and 76 in Mezouara.
- 2001The Real IRA detonates a car bomb in Ealing, London, United Kingdom injuring seven people.
Who were born on August 3?
- 1918Larry Haines, American actor (d. 2008)
- 1934William Calhoun, American professional wrestler (d. 1989)
- 1944Nino Bravo, Spanish singer (d. 1973)
- 1945Eamon Dunphy, Irish footballer
- 1956Balwinder Sandhu, Indian cricketer
- 1956Kirk Brandon, English musician
- 1961Lee Rocker, American musician (Stray Cats)
- 1966Brent Butt, Canadian actor
- 1970Stephen Carpenter, American guitarist (Deftones)
- 1972Sandis Ozoliņš, Latvian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.