August 3: Day of the Week
August 3, 2021 is the 215th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 150 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OYUNOOVL? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OYUNOOVL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 3 Historical Event(s)
- 8Roman Empire general Tiberius defeats Dalmatae on the river Bathinus.
- 435Deposed Patriarch of Constantinople Nestorius, considered the originator of Nestorianism, is exiled by Roman Emperor Theodosius II to a monastery in Egypt.
- 1031Olaf II of Norway is canonised as Saint Olaf by Grimketel, the English Bishop of Selsey.
- 1852Harvard wins the first Boat Race between Yale and Harvard. The race is also the first American intercollegiate athletic event
- 1913A major labour dispute, known as the Wheatland Hop Riot, starts in Wheatland, California.
- 1936Jesse Owens wins the 100 meter dash, defeating Ralph Metcalfe, at the Berlin Olympics.
- 1940World War II: Italian forces begin the invasion of British Somaliland.
- 1960Niger gains independence from France.
- 1975A privately chartered Boeing 707 crashes into the mountainside near Agadir, Morocco, killing 188.
- 2010Widespread rioting erupts in Karachi, Pakistan, after the assassination of a local politician, leaving at least 85 dead and at least 17 billion Pakistani rupees (US$200 million) in damage.
Who were born on August 3?
- 1856Alfred Deakin, 2nd Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1919)
- 1899Louis Chiron, Monegasque race car driver (d. 1979)
- 1909Walter Van Tilburg Clark, American novelist (d. 1971)
- 1921Hayden Carruth, American poet and literary critic (d. 2008)
- 1923Jean Hagen, American film and TV actress (d. 1977)
- 1923Shenouda III of Alexandria, Pope of Coptic Christianity
- 1924Leon Uris, American novelist (d. 2003)
- 1933Pat Crawford, Australian cricketer
- 1937Roland Burris, American politician
- 1937Steven Berkoff, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.