December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2019 is the 344th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1508The League of Cambrai is formed by Pope Julius II, Louis XII of France, Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor and Ferdinand II of Aragon as an alliance against Venice.
- 1861Forces led by Nguyen Trung Truc, an anti-colonial guerrilla leader in southern Vietnam, sink the French lorcha L'Esperance.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea – Major General William Tecumseh Sherman’s Union Army troops reach the outer Confederate defenses of Savannah, Georgia.
- 1868The first traffic lights are installed, outside the Palace of Westminster in London. Resembling railway signals, they use semaphore arms and are illuminated at night by red and green gas lamps.
- 1884Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.
- 1902Women are given the right to vote in Tasmania.
- 1907The worst night of the Brown Dog riots in London, when 1,000 medical students clash with 400 police officers over the existence of a memorial for animals who have been vivisected.
- 1927The phrase “Grand Ole Opry” is used for the first time on-air.
- 1936Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII signs the Instrument of Abdication.
- 1948The UN General Assembly adopts the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1804Carl Gustav Jakob Jacobi, German mathematician (d. 1851)
- 1886Annie Bos, Dutch actress (d. 1975)
- 1925Carolyn Kizer, American poet
- 1941Tommy Rettig, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1944Steve Renko, American baseball player
- 1954Jack Hues, English musician
- 1960Michael Schoeffling, American actor
- 1964Bobby Flay, American celebrity chef and restaurateur
- 1964George Newbern, American actor
- 1965Stephanie Morgenstern, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.