December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2021 is the 344th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GESOHEFP? Check your answers here: Word solver GESOHEFP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1541Thomas Culpeper and Francis Dereham are executed for having affairs with Catherine Howard, Queen of England and wife of Henry VIII.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea – Major General William Tecumseh Sherman’s Union Army troops reach the outer Confederate defenses of Savannah, Georgia.
- 1884Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.
- 1901The first Nobel Prizes are awarded.
- 1904The Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity is founded at the College of Charleston.
- 1935The Downtown Athletic Club Trophy, later renamed the Heisman Trophy, is awarded to halfback Jay Berwanger of the University of Chicago.
- 1936Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII signs the Instrument of Abdication.
- 1979Kaohsiung Incident: Taiwanese pro-democracy demonstrations are suppressed by the KMT dictatorship, and organizers are arrested.
- 1989Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj announces the establishment of Mongolia’s democratic movement that changes the second oldest communist country into a democracy.
- 1994Rwandan Genocide: Military advisor to the United Nations Secretary-General and head of the Military Division of the Department of Peacekeeping Operations of the United Nations Maurice Baril recommends that the UN multi-national forces in Zaire stand down.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1822César Franck, Belgian composer and organist (d. 1890)
- 1870Mary Bonaparte, pretender to the French imperial throne (d. 1947)
- 1950John Boozman, American politician, junior senator of Arkansas
- 1958Pepsi Demacque, aka Helen Pepsi Demacque-Crockett English singer
- 1959Udi Aloni, American-Israeli filmmaker, writer, and activist
- 1962John de Wolf, former Dutch International footballer
- 1965Greg Giraldo, American comedian (d. 2010)
- 1971Bill Baroni, American government official
- 1972Brian Molko, Belgian-born singer and songwriter (Placebo)
- 1980Massari, Lebanese-born Canadian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.