December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2020 is the 345th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Claude’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1861American Civil War: the Confederate States of America accept a rival state government’s pronouncement that declares Kentucky to be the 13th state of the Confederacy.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea – Major General William Tecumseh Sherman’s Union Army troops reach the outer Confederate defenses of Savannah, Georgia.
- 1884Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.
- 1906U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt wins the Nobel Peace Prize, becoming the first American to win a Nobel Prize.
- 1911The first transcontinental flight across the United States is completed. Calbraith Perry Rodgers began the flight on 17 September 1911, taking off from Sheepshead Bay NY.
- 1955The Mighty Mouse Playhouse premieres on television.
- 1978Arab-Israeli conflict: Prime Minister of Israel Menachem Begin and President of Egypt Anwar Sadat are jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- 1983Democracy is restored in Argentina with the assumption of President Raúl Alfonsín.
- 1993The last shift leaves Wearmouth Colliery in Sunderland. The closure of the 156-year-old pit marks the end of the old County Durham coalfield, which had been in operation since the Middle Ages.
- 1994Rwandan Genocide: Military advisor to the United Nations Secretary-General and head of the Military Division of the Department of Peacekeeping Operations of the United Nations Maurice Baril recommends that the UN multi-national forces in Zaire stand down.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1880Fred Immler, German actor (d. 1965)
- 1908Olivier Messiaen, French composer and ornithologist (d. 1992)
- 1912Philip A. Hart, U.S. Senator (d. 1976)
- 1920Clarice Lispector, Ukrainian-Brazilian writer (d. 1977)
- 1941Kyu Sakamoto, Japanese singer and actor (d. 1985)
- 1952Clive Anderson, English television presenter
- 1954Jack Hues, English musician
- 1980Massari, Lebanese-born Canadian singer
- 1983Katrin Siska, Estonian singer
- 1985Trésor Mputu, Congolese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.