December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2020 is the 345th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marjorie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1684Isaac Newton’s derivation of Kepler’s laws from his theory of gravity, contained in the paper De motu corporum in gyrum, is read to the Royal Society by Edmund Halley.
- 1817Mississippi becomes the 20th U.S. state.
- 1861American Civil War: the Confederate States of America accept a rival state government’s pronouncement that declares Kentucky to be the 13th state of the Confederacy.
- 1868The first traffic lights are installed, outside the Palace of Westminster in London. Resembling railway signals, they use semaphore arms and are illuminated at night by red and green gas lamps.
- 1884Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.
- 1906U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt wins the Nobel Peace Prize, becoming the first American to win a Nobel Prize.
- 1941World War II: Battle of the Philippines – Imperial Japanese forces under the command of General Masaharu Homma land on the Philippine mainland.
- 1941World War II: The Royal Navy capital ships HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse are sunk by Imperial Japanese Navy torpedo bombers near Malaya.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: The People’s Liberation Army begins its siege of Chengdu, the last Kuomintang-held city in mainland China, forcing President of the Republic of China Chiang Kai-shek and his government to retreat to Taiwan.
- 1968Japan’s biggest heist, the still-unsolved “300 million yen robbery”, is carried out in Tokyo.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1452Johannes Stöffler, German mathematician and astronomer (d. 1531)
- 1851Melvil Dewey, American librarian, (d. 1931)
- 1903Una Merkel, American actress (d. 1986)
- 1912Philip A. Hart, U.S. Senator (d. 1976)
- 1913Harry Locke, English actor (d. 1987)
- 1920Reginald Rose, American writer (d. 2002)
- 1924Michael Manley, Prime Minister of Jamaica (d. 1997)
- 1955Jacquelyn Mitchard, American novelist
- 1972Brian Molko, Belgian-born singer and songwriter (Placebo)
- 1984Jayson Paul, American wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.