December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2022 is the 344th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EEMPIZZWOTOVD? Check your answers here: Words with these letters EEMPIZZWOTOVD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1541Thomas Culpeper and Francis Dereham are executed for having affairs with Catherine Howard, Queen of England and wife of Henry VIII.
- 1665The Royal Netherlands Marine Corps is founded by Michiel de Ruyter
- 1684Isaac Newton’s derivation of Kepler’s laws from his theory of gravity, contained in the paper De motu corporum in gyrum, is read to the Royal Society by Edmund Halley.
- 1902Women are given the right to vote in Tasmania.
- 1904The Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity is founded at the College of Charleston.
- 1927The phrase “Grand Ole Opry” is used for the first time on-air.
- 1932Thailand adopts a Constitution and becomes a constitutional monarchy.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: The People’s Liberation Army begins its siege of Chengdu, the last Kuomintang-held city in mainland China, forcing President of the Republic of China Chiang Kai-shek and his government to retreat to Taiwan.
- 1968Japan’s biggest heist, the still-unsolved “300 million yen robbery”, is carried out in Tokyo.
- 1989Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj announces the establishment of Mongolia’s democratic movement that changes the second oldest communist country into a democracy.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1394King James I of Scotland (d. 1437)
- 1787Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet, American educator (d. 1851)
- 1866Louis Bolk, a Dutch anatomist (d. 1930)
- 1882Otto Neurath, Austrian philosopher (d. 1945)
- 1923Harold Gould, American actor (d. 2010)
- 1925Jean Byron, American actress (d. 2006)
- 1928John Colicos, Canadian actor (d. 2000)
- 1933Mako, Japanese-born American actor (d. 2006)
- 1985Raven-Symoné, American actress and singer
- 1987Gonzalo Higuaín, French/Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.