December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2021 is the 344th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OIXUNGNT? Check your answers here: Word solver OIXUNGNT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1508The League of Cambrai is formed by Pope Julius II, Louis XII of France, Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor and Ferdinand II of Aragon as an alliance against Venice.
- 1861American Civil War: the Confederate States of America accept a rival state government’s pronouncement that declares Kentucky to be the 13th state of the Confederacy.
- 1869Kappa Sigma Fraternity is founded at the University of Virginia.
- 1899Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity is founded at the City College of New York.
- 1911The first transcontinental flight across the United States is completed. Calbraith Perry Rodgers began the flight on 17 September 1911, taking off from Sheepshead Bay NY.
- 1927The phrase “Grand Ole Opry” is used for the first time on-air.
- 1935The Downtown Athletic Club Trophy, later renamed the Heisman Trophy, is awarded to halfback Jay Berwanger of the University of Chicago.
- 1936Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII signs the Instrument of Abdication.
- 1941World War II: The Royal Navy capital ships HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse are sunk by Imperial Japanese Navy torpedo bombers near Malaya.
- 1968Japan’s biggest heist, the still-unsolved “300 million yen robbery”, is carried out in Tokyo.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1912Philip A. Hart, U.S. Senator (d. 1976)
- 1913Morton Gould, American composer (d. 1996)
- 1918Anatoli Tarasov, Russian ice hockey coach (d. 1995)
- 1934Howard Martin Temin, American geneticist, Nobel laureate (d. 1994)
- 1941Tommy Rettig, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1944Steve Renko, American baseball player
- 1961Nia Peeples, American singer/actress
- 1974Meg White, American drummer (The White Stripes)
- 1975Steve Bradley, American wrestler (d. 2008)
- 1986Matthew Bates, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.