December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2019 was the 344th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bobbie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1665The Royal Netherlands Marine Corps is founded by Michiel de Ruyter
- 1684Isaac Newton’s derivation of Kepler’s laws from his theory of gravity, contained in the paper De motu corporum in gyrum, is read to the Royal Society by Edmund Halley.
- 1899Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity is founded at the City College of New York.
- 1901The first Nobel Prizes are awarded.
- 1911The first transcontinental flight across the United States is completed. Calbraith Perry Rodgers began the flight on 17 September 1911, taking off from Sheepshead Bay NY.
- 1927The phrase “Grand Ole Opry” is used for the first time on-air.
- 1932Thailand adopts a Constitution and becomes a constitutional monarchy.
- 1935The Downtown Athletic Club Trophy, later renamed the Heisman Trophy, is awarded to halfback Jay Berwanger of the University of Chicago.
- 1968Japan’s biggest heist, the still-unsolved “300 million yen robbery”, is carried out in Tokyo.
- 1978Arab-Israeli conflict: Prime Minister of Israel Menachem Begin and President of Egypt Anwar Sadat are jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1907Rumer Godden, English writer (d. 1998)
- 1941Fionnula Flanagan, Irish actress
- 1944Steve Renko, American baseball player
- 1955Jacquelyn Mitchard, American novelist
- 1965Greg Giraldo, American comedian (d. 2010)
- 1965Stephanie Morgenstern, Canadian actress
- 1972Donovan Frankenreiter, American surfer
- 1975Kristel Verbeke, Flemish singer, actress, host
- 1975Steve Bradley, American wrestler (d. 2008)
- 1988Mitchell Donald, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.