December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2020 is the 345th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SCUKIRAJPPGA? Check your answers here: Word search SCUKIRAJPPGA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1508The League of Cambrai is formed by Pope Julius II, Louis XII of France, Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor and Ferdinand II of Aragon as an alliance against Venice.
- 1861Forces led by Nguyen Trung Truc, an anti-colonial guerrilla leader in southern Vietnam, sink the French lorcha L'Esperance.
- 1904The Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity is founded at the College of Charleston.
- 1927The phrase “Grand Ole Opry” is used for the first time on-air.
- 1932Thailand adopts a Constitution and becomes a constitutional monarchy.
- 1955The Mighty Mouse Playhouse premieres on television.
- 1968Japan’s biggest heist, the still-unsolved “300 million yen robbery”, is carried out in Tokyo.
- 1983Democracy is restored in Argentina with the assumption of President Raúl Alfonsín.
- 1989Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj announces the establishment of Mongolia’s democratic movement that changes the second oldest communist country into a democracy.
- 1994Rwandan Genocide: Military advisor to the United Nations Secretary-General and head of the Military Division of the Department of Peacekeeping Operations of the United Nations Maurice Baril recommends that the UN multi-national forces in Zaire stand down.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1804Carl Gustav Jakob Jacobi, German mathematician (d. 1851)
- 1913Harry Locke, English actor (d. 1987)
- 1941Kyu Sakamoto, Japanese singer and actor (d. 1985)
- 1941Tommy Kirk, American actor
- 1948Abu Abbas, founder of the Palestine Liberation Front (d. 2004)
- 1956Rod Blagojevich, 40th Governor of Illinois
- 1957Michael Clarke Duncan, American actor
- 1957Prem Rawat, known also as Guru Maharaj Ji and Maharaji, American Indian spiritual leader and speaker
- 1963Jahangir Khan, former World No. 1 professional squash player from Pakistan
- 1987Gonzalo Higuaín, French/Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.