December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2018 is the 344th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Sagittarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1041The adopted son of Empress Zoe of Byzantium succeeds to the throne of the Eastern Roman Empire as Michael V.
- 1520Martin Luther burns his copy of the papal bull Exsurge Domine outside Wittenberg’s Elster Gate.
- 1665The Royal Netherlands Marine Corps is founded by Michiel de Ruyter
- 1684Isaac Newton’s derivation of Kepler’s laws from his theory of gravity, contained in the paper De motu corporum in gyrum, is read to the Royal Society by Edmund Halley.
- 1869Kappa Sigma Fraternity is founded at the University of Virginia.
- 1884Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.
- 1902Women are given the right to vote in Tasmania.
- 1904The Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity is founded at the College of Charleston.
- 1936Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII signs the Instrument of Abdication.
- 1965The Grateful Dead’s first concert performance under this new name.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1804Carl Gustav Jakob Jacobi, German mathematician (d. 1851)
- 1870Adolf Loos, Austrian architect (d. 1933)
- 1918Anatoli Tarasov, Russian ice hockey coach (d. 1995)
- 1925Jean Byron, American actress (d. 2006)
- 1939Dick Bavetta, American basketball referee
- 1941Chad Stuart, English singer (Chad and Jeremy)
- 1950John Boozman, American politician, junior senator of Arkansas
- 1956Jan van Dijk, Dutch football player and football manager
- 1960Kenneth Branagh, Northern Irish actor and director
- 1983Patrick Flueger, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.