December 10: Day of the Week
December 10, 2021 is the 344th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 21 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cathy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1520Martin Luther burns his copy of the papal bull Exsurge Domine outside Wittenberg’s Elster Gate.
- 1861Forces led by Nguyen Trung Truc, an anti-colonial guerrilla leader in southern Vietnam, sink the French lorcha L'Esperance.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea – Major General William Tecumseh Sherman’s Union Army troops reach the outer Confederate defenses of Savannah, Georgia.
- 1884Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.
- 1904The Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity is founded at the College of Charleston.
- 1927The phrase “Grand Ole Opry” is used for the first time on-air.
- 1948The UN General Assembly adopts the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- 1955The Mighty Mouse Playhouse premieres on television.
- 1965The Grateful Dead’s first concert performance under this new name.
- 1989Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj announces the establishment of Mongolia’s democratic movement that changes the second oldest communist country into a democracy.
Who were born on December 10?
- 1805Josef Skoda, Bohemian physician (d. 1881)
- 1870Mary Bonaparte, pretender to the French imperial throne (d. 1947)
- 1884Zinaida Serebriakova, Russian-born painter (d. 1967)
- 1924Michael Manley, Prime Minister of Jamaica (d. 1997)
- 1934Howard Martin Temin, American geneticist, Nobel laureate (d. 1994)
- 1939Barry Cunliffe, English university professor
- 1941Tommy Rettig, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1952Susan Dey, American actress
- 1970Bryant Stith, American basketball player
- 1985Matt Forte, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.