December 12: Day of the Week
December 12, 2018 was the 346th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 19 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Sagittarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 12 Historical Event(s)
- 627Battle of Nineveh: A Byzantine army under Emperor Heraclius defeats Emperor Khosrau II’s Persian forces, commanded by General Rhahzadh.
- 1098First Crusade: Massacre of Ma'arrat al-Numan – Crusaders breach the town’s walls and massacre about 20,000 inhabitants. After finding themselves with insufficient food, they resort to cannibalism.
- 1781American Revolutionary War: Second Battle of Ushant – A Royal Navy squadron, commanded by Rear Admiral Richard Kempenfelt on HMS Victory, defeats a French fleet.
- 1870Joseph H. Rainey of South Carolina becomes the second black U.S. congressman, the first one being Hiram Revels.
- 1901Guglielmo Marconi receives the first transatlantic radio signal at Signal Hill in St John’s, Newfoundland.
- 1939Winter War: Battle of Tolvajärvi – Finnish forces defeat those of the Soviet Union in their first major victory of the conflict.
- 1958Guinea joins the United Nations.
- 1979A major earthquake and tsunami kill 259 people in Colombia.
- 1979The unrecognised state of Zimbabwe Rhodesia returns to British control and resumes using the name Southern Rhodesia.
- 1988The Clapham Junction rail crash kills thirty-five and injures hundreds after two collisions of three commuter trains – one of the worst train crashes in the United Kingdom.
Who were born on December 12?
- 1915Frank Sinatra, American singer and actor (d. 1998)
- 1924Ed Koch, American politician
- 1955Eddy Schepers, Belgian cyclist
- 1965Will Carling, English rugby union footballer
- 1968Laurie Williams, Jamaican cricketer (d. 2002)
- 1972Nicky Eaden, English footballer
- 1976Lloyd Owusu, Ghanaian footballer
- 1985Pat Calathes, Greek-American basketball player
- 1988Ham Eun-jeong, Korean singer and actress
- 1991Daniel Magder, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.