December 12: Day of the Week
December 12, 2021 is the 346th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 19 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MTAZKYOXUPRA? Check your answers here: Word scramble MTAZKYOXUPRA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1901Guglielmo Marconi receives the first transatlantic radio signal at Signal Hill in St John’s, Newfoundland.
- 1937USS Panay incident: Japanese aircraft bomb and sink US gunboat USS Panay on the Yangtze River in China.
- 1939HMS Duchess sinks after a collision with HMS Barham off the coast of Scotland with the loss of 124 men.
- 1941Adolf Hitler announces extermination of the Jews at a meeting in the Reich Chancellery
- 1941World War II: USMC F4F “Wildcats” sink the first 4 major Japanese ships off Wake Island.
- 1963Kenya gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1969Strategy of tension: Piazza Fontana bombing – The offices of Banca Nazionale dell'Agricoltura in Piazza Fontana, Milan, are bombed.
- 1979President of Pakistan, Zia-ul-Haq, confers Nishan-e-Imtiaz on Nobel laureate Dr Abdus Salam.
- 1982Women’s peace protest at Greenham Common – 30,000 women hold hands and form a human chain around the 14.5 km perimeter fence.
- 1985Arrow Air Flight 1285 crashes after takeoff in Gander, Newfoundland, killing 256, including 236 members of the United States Army’s 101st Airborne Division.
Who were born on December 12?
- 1791Archduchess Marie Louise of Austria, wife of Napoleon (d. 1847)
- 1907Roy Douglas, English composer and orchestrator
- 1955Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki, Greek businesswoman
- 1957Sheila E., American musician
- 1962Mike Golic, American football player
- 1965Will Carling, English rugby union footballer
- 1970Regina Hall, American actress
- 1973Walter Otta, Argentine footballer
- 1975Mayim Bialik, American actress
- 1985Pat Calathes, Greek-American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.