December 2: Day of the Week
December 2, 2020 is the 337th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 29 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PAOMYUK? Check your answers here: Word scramble PAOMYUK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1763Dedication of the Touro Synagogue, in Newport, Rhode Island, the first synagogue in what became the United States.
- 1804At Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself Emperor of the French, the first French Emperor in a thousand years.
- 1845Manifest Destiny: US President James K. Polk announces to Congress that the United States should aggressively expand into the West.
- 1908Child Emperor Pu Yi ascends the Chinese throne at the age of two
- 1927Following 19 years of Ford Model T production, the Ford Motor Company unveils the Ford Model A as its new automobile.
- 1939New York City’s La Guardia Airport opens.
- 1946The British Government invites four Indian leaders, Nehru, Baldev Singh, Jinnah and Liaquat Ali Khan to obtain the participation of all parties in the Constituent Assembly.
- 1962Vietnam War: After a trip to Vietnam at the request of US President John F. Kennedy, US Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield becomes the first American official not to make an optimistic public comment on the war’s progress.
- 1970The United States Environmental Protection Agency begins operations.
- 2001Enron files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Who were born on December 2?
- 1846Pierre Waldeck-Rousseau, French statesman (d. 1904)
- 1891Otto Dix, German painter and graphic artist (d. 1969)
- 1894Warren William, American Broadway and film actor (d. 1948)
- 1898Indra Lal Roy, Indian pilot (d. 1918)
- 1930David Piper, British race car driver
- 1931Masaaki Hatsumi, founder and head of the Bujinkan Dojo organization
- 1973Monica Seles, Yugoslavian-born tennis player
- 1978David Rivas, Spanish footballer
- 1982Michelle Banzer, model/beauty queen
- 1990Hikaru Yaotome, Japanese idol (Hey! Say! JUMP)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.