December 2: Day of the Week
December 2, 2019 is the 336th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 29 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1804At Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself Emperor of the French, the first French Emperor in a thousand years.
- 1845Manifest Destiny: US President James K. Polk announces to Congress that the United States should aggressively expand into the West.
- 1848Franz Josef I becomes Emperor of Austria.
- 1852Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte becomes Emperor of the French (Napoleon III).
- 1917An armistice is signed between Russia and the Central Powers at Brest-Litovsk and peace talks leading to the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk began.
- 1954Red Scare: The United States Senate votes 65 to 22 to condemn Joseph McCarthy for “conduct that tends to bring the Senate into dishonor and disrepute”.
- 1962Vietnam War: After a trip to Vietnam at the request of US President John F. Kennedy, US Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield becomes the first American official not to make an optimistic public comment on the war’s progress.
- 1975Pathet Lao seizes power in Laos, and establishes the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
- 1993Space Shuttle program: STS-61 – NASA launches the Space Shuttle Endeavour on a mission to repair the Hubble Space Telescope.
- 2001Enron files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Who were born on December 2?
- 1703Ferdinand Konščak, Croatian explorer (d. 1759)
- 1885George Richards Minot, American physician, recipient of the Nobel Prize (d. 1950)
- 1894Warren William, American Broadway and film actor (d. 1948)
- 1895Harriet Cohen, British pianist (d. 1967)
- 1906Peter Carl Goldmark, Hungarian-born recording engineer (d. 1977)
- 1915Prince Mikasa, Japanese royal
- 1937Manohar Joshi, Indian politician
- 1967Laurie Morgan, Channel Islands chief minister
- 1978Peter Moylan, Australian baseball player
- 1986Claudiu Keserü, Romanian football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.