December 2: Day of the Week
December 2, 2021 is the 336th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 29 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RTEOFGIRA? Check your answers here: Word solver RTEOFGIRA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1804At Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself Emperor of the French, the first French Emperor in a thousand years.
- 1848Franz Josef I becomes Emperor of Austria.
- 1852Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte becomes Emperor of the French (Napoleon III).
- 1908Child Emperor Pu Yi ascends the Chinese throne at the age of two
- 1927Following 19 years of Ford Model T production, the Ford Motor Company unveils the Ford Model A as its new automobile.
- 1942Manhattan Project: A team led by Enrico Fermi initiates the first self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction.
- 1971Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, and Umm Al Quwain form the United Arab Emirates.
- 1976Fidel Castro becomes President of Cuba replacing Osvaldo Dorticós Torrado.
- 1999Glenbrook rail accident near Sydney, New South Wales.
- 1999The United Kingdom devolves political power in Northern Ireland to the Northern Ireland Executive.
Who were born on December 2?
- 1885George Richards Minot, American physician, recipient of the Nobel Prize (d. 1950)
- 1893Leo Ornstein, Russian-born composer and pianist (d. 2002)
- 1931Wynton Kelly, American jazz pianist (d. 1971)
- 1944Cathy Lee Crosby, American actress
- 1947Ivan Atanassov Petrov, Bulgarian neurologist
- 1963Brendan Coyle, English actor
- 1963Rich Sutter, Canadian hockey player
- 1978Jarron Collins, American basketball player
- 1978Peter Moylan, Australian baseball player
- 1986Adam Le Fondre, English football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.