December 20: Day of the Week
December 20, 2019 is the 354th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 11 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 20 Historical Event(s)
- 69Vespasian, formerly a general under Nero, enters Rome to claim the title of emperor.
- 1860South Carolina becomes the first state to attempt to secede from the United States.
- 1924Hitler is released from Landsberg Prison
- 1942World War II: Bombing of Calcutta by the Japanese.
- 1952United States Air Force C-124 crashes and burns in Moses Lake, Washington killing 87.
- 1955Cardiff is proclaimed the capital city of Wales, United Kingdom.
- 1968The Zodiac Killer kills Betty Lou Jenson and David Faraday in Vallejo, California.
- 1995NATO begins peacekeeping in Bosnia.
- 2005In Durrës, Albania was founded Aleksander Moisiu University.
- 2005US District Court Judge John E. Jones III rules against mandating the teaching of “intelligent design” in his ruling of Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District.
Who were born on December 20?
- 1579(baptized) John Fletcher, English playwright (d. 1625)
- 1909Vakkom Majeed, Indian politician (d. 2000)
- 1938John Harbison, American composer
- 1942Rana Bhagwandas, Former Pakistani Chief Justice
- 1944Jean Fergusson, English actress
- 1946John Spencer, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1948Alan Parsons, British music producer and artist
- 1950Arturo Marquez, Mexican composer
- 1966Matt Neal, British Race Driver
- 1977Saukrates, Canadian rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.