February 13: Day of the Week
February 13, 2021 was the 44th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 321 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KMEIMOY? Check your answers here: Word finder KMEIMOY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1503Disfida di Barletta – famous challenge between 13 Italian and 13 French knights near Barletta.
- 1575Henry III of France is crowned at Rheims, marrying Louise de Lorraine-Vaudémont on the same day.
- 1668Spain recognizes Portugal as an independent nation.
- 1689William and Mary are proclaimed co-rulers of England.
- 1920The Negro National League is formed.
- 1935A jury in Flemington, New Jersey finds Bruno Hauptmann guilty of the 1932 kidnapping and murder of the Lindbergh baby, the son of Charles Lindbergh.
- 1945World War II: Royal Air Force bombers are dispatched to Dresden, Germany to attack the city with a massive aerial bombardment.
- 1955Israel obtains 4 of the 7 Dead Sea scrolls.
- 1964New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- 2004The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics announces the discovery of the universe‘s largest known diamond, white dwarf star BPM 37093. Astronomers named this star “Lucy” after The Beatles’song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”.
Who were born on February 13?
- 1480Girolamo Aleandro, Italian Catholic cardinal (d. 1542)
- 1599Pope Alexander VII (d. 1667)
- 1728John Hunter, Scottish surgeon (d. 1793)
- 1892Robert H. Jackson, American jurist, 57th United States Attorney General and Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court (d. 1954)
- 1907Katy de la Cruz, Filipino singer (d. 2004)
- 1921Aung Khin, Burmese painter (d. 1996)
- 1932Susan Oliver, American actress (d. 1990)
- 1956Liam Brady, Irish footballer
- 1979Rafael Márquez, Mexican footballer
- 1993Sophie Evans, Welsh musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.