February 13: Day of the Week
February 13, 2021 is the 44th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 321 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BIYHUAJF? Check your answers here: Word solver BIYHUAJF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1689William and Mary are proclaimed co-rulers of England.
- 1692Massacre of Glencoe: About 78 Macdonalds at Glen Coe, Scotland are killed early in the morning for not promptly pledging allegiance to the new king, William of Orange.
- 1920The Negro National League is formed.
- 1945New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- 1955Israel obtains 4 of the 7 Dead Sea scrolls.
- 1981A series of sewer explosions destroys more than two miles of streets in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 1984Konstantin Chernenko succeeds the late Yuri Andropov as general secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1990German reunification: An agreement is reached on a two-stage plan to reunite Germany.
- 2004The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics announces the discovery of the universe‘s largest known diamond, white dwarf star BPM 37093. Astronomers named this star “Lucy” after The Beatles’song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”.
- 2010A bomb explodes in the city of Pune, Maharashtra, India, killing 17 and injuring 60 more.
Who were born on February 13?
- 1805Peter Gustav Dirichlet, German mathematician (d. 1859)
- 1888George Papandreou, Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1968)
- 1889Leontine Sagan, Austrian actress and theatre director (d. 1974)
- 1913Khalid bin Abdul-Aziz, King of Saudi Arabia (d. 1982)
- 1921Jeanne Demessieux, French organist, pianist, composer (d. 1968)
- 1929Omar Torrijos, Panamanian ruler (d. 1981)
- 1945Simon Schama, British historian
- 1979Lucy Brown, British actress
- 1985Matthieu Franke, French-born German rugby player
- 1990Olivia Allison, British synchronized swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.