February 20: Day of the Week
February 20, 2020 is the 51st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 315 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tabitha’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1685René-Robert Cavelier establishes Fort St. Louis at Matagorda Bay thus forming the basis for France’s claim to Texas.
- 1798Louis Alexandre Berthier removes Pope Pius VI from power.
- 1810Andreas Hofer, Tirolean patriot and leader of rebellion against Napoleon’s forces, is executed.
- 1877The world’s first professional sports league, the International Association for Professional Base Ball Players is founded in Pittsburgh.
- 1920New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1931The Congress of the United States approves the construction of the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Bridge by the state of California.
- 1943The Parícutin volcano begins to form in Parícutin, Mexico.
- 1991A gigantic statue of Albania’s long-time leader, Enver Hoxha, is brought down in the Albanian capital Tirana, by mobs of angry protesters.
- 2003During a Great White concert in West Warwick, Rhode Island, a pyrotechnics display sets the club ablaze, killing 100 and injuring over 200 others.
- 2005Spain becomes the first country to vote in a referendum on ratification of the proposed Constitution of the European Union, passing it by a substantial margin, but on a low turnout.
Who were born on February 20?
- 1631Thomas Osborne, 1st Duke of Leeds, English statesman (d. 1712)
- 1743Anna Laetitia Barbauld, English poet (d. 1825)
- 1924Gloria Vanderbilt, American socialite and clothing designer
- 1930Willie Cunningham, Northern Irish footballer (d. 2007)
- 1946Richard Cocciante, French-Italian singer and songwriter
- 1951Phil Neal, English footballer
- 1967Katherine Soucie, American voice actress
- 1977Stephon Marbury, American basketball player
- 1988Rihanna, Barbadian singer
- 1991Giovanni Kyeremateng Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.