February 20: Day of the Week
February 20, 2020 was the 51st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 315 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Geneva’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1685René-Robert Cavelier establishes Fort St. Louis at Matagorda Bay thus forming the basis for France’s claim to Texas.
- 1792The Postal Service Act, establishing the United States Post Office Department, is signed by President George Washington.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Olustee occurs – the largest battle fought in Florida during the war.
- 1877Tchaikovsky’s ballet Swan Lake receives its première performance at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow.
- 1933The Congress of the United States proposes the Twenty-first Amendment to the United States Constitution that will end Prohibition in the United States.
- 1942Lieutenant Edward O'Hare becomes America’s first World War II flying ace.
- 1943The Parícutin volcano begins to form in Parícutin, Mexico.
- 1985New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1998American figure skater Tara Lipinski becomes the youngest gold-medalist at the Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan.
- 2005Spain becomes the first country to vote in a referendum on ratification of the proposed Constitution of the European Union, passing it by a substantial margin, but on a low turnout.
Who were born on February 20?
- 1925Heinz Kluncker, German trade union leader (d. 2005)
- 1926Richard Matheson, American author
- 1927Roy Cohn, American lawyer (d. 1986)
- 1936Shigeo Nagashima, Japanese baseball player and coach
- 1943Antonio Inoki, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1964French Stewart, American actor
- 1967Katherine Soucie, American voice actress
- 1978Lauren Ambrose, American actress
- 1984Gilles Pagnon, French-German rugby player
- 1988Rihanna, Barbadian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.