February 20: Day of the Week
February 20, 2020 was the 51st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 315 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QBQAYTEMLOE? Check your answers here: Word finder QBQAYTEMLOE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1547Edward VI of England is crowned King of England at Westminster Abbey.
- 1792The Postal Service Act, establishing the United States Post Office Department, is signed by President George Washington.
- 1835Concepción, Chile is destroyed by an earthquake.
- 1872In New York City the Metropolitan Museum of Art opens.
- 1920New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1943American movie studio executives agree to allow the Office of War Information to censor movies.
- 1943The Parícutin volcano begins to form in Parícutin, Mexico.
- 1962Mercury program: While aboard Friendship 7, John Glenn becomes the first American to orbit the earth, making three orbits in 4 hours, 55 minutes.
- 1987Unabomber: In Salt Lake City, a bomb explodes in a computer store.
- 1998American figure skater Tara Lipinski becomes the youngest gold-medalist at the Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan.
Who were born on February 20?
- 1757John ‘Mad Jack’Fuller, English philanthropist (d. 1834)
- 1759Johann Christian Reil, German physician, founder of psychiatry (d. 1813)
- 1794William Carleton, Irish novelist (d. 1869)
- 1914John Daly, South African–born broadcaster (d. 2001)
- 1946J. Geils, American guitarist (The J. Geils Band)
- 1951Gordon Brown, British Member of Parliament, Prime Minister (2007–2010)
- 1953Poison Ivy, American musician (The Cramps)
- 1967Kurt Cobain, American musician (Nirvana) (d. 1994)
- 1980Artur Boruc, Polish footballer
- 1991Giovanni Kyeremateng Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.