February 26: Day of the Week
February 26, 2021 is the 57th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 308 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LSOUEFAXB? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters LSOUEFAXB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 26 Historical Event(s)
- 747 BCEEpoch (origin) of Ptolemy’s Nabonassar Era.
- 364Valentinian I is proclaimed Roman Emperor.
- 1794The first Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen burns down.
- 1960A New York bound Alitalia airliner crashed into a cemetery at Shannon, Ireland, shortly after takeoff, killing 34 of the 52 persons on board.
- 1961Hassan II becomes King of Morocco.
- 1966Apollo Program: Launch of AS-201, the first flight of the Saturn IB rocket
- 1966Vietnam War: The ROK Capital Division of the South Korean Army massacres 380 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam.
- 1971U.N. Secretary General U Thant signs United Nations proclamation of the vernal equinox as Earth Day.
- 1987Iran-Contra affair: The Tower Commission rebukes President Ronald Reagan for not controlling his national security staff.
- 1995The United Kingdom’s oldest investment banking institute, Barings Bank, collapses after a securities broker, Nick Leeson, loses $1.4 billion by speculating on the Singapore International Monetary Exchange using futures contracts.
Who were born on February 26?
- 1720Gian Francesco Albani, Italian Catholic cardinal (d. 1803)
- 1861King Ferdinand of Bulgaria (d. 1948)
- 1906Madeleine Carroll, English actress (d. 1987)
- 1914Robert Alda, American actor (d. 1986)
- 1950Jonathan Cain, American musician (Journey, Bad English, The Babys)
- 1971Erykah Badu, American singer
- 1974Sébastien Loeb, French rally driver
- 1977Greg Rikaart, American actor
- 1981Johnathan Wendel, American video gamer
- 1993Taylor Dooley, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.