February 26: Day of the Week
February 26, 2020 was the 57th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 309 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IKAYKKECKZ? Check your answers here: Word search IKAYKKECKZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 26 Historical Event(s)
- 747 BCEEpoch (origin) of Ptolemy’s Nabonassar Era.
- 1658Treaty of Roskilde: After a devastating defeat in the Northern Wars (1655–1661), the King of Denmark-Norway is forced to give up nearly half his territory to Sweden to save the rest.
- 1794The first Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen burns down.
- 1909Kinemacolor, the first successful color motion picture process, is first shown to the general public at the Palace Theatre in London.
- 1929President Calvin Coolidge signs an Executive Order establishing the 96,000 acre Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
- 1935Robert Watson-Watt carries out a demonstration near Daventry which leads directly to the development of RADAR in the United Kingdom.
- 1952Vincent Massey is sworn in as the first Canadian-born Governor-General of Canada.
- 1987Iran-Contra affair: The Tower Commission rebukes President Ronald Reagan for not controlling his national security staff.
- 1991Gulf War: United States Army forces capture the town of Al Busayyah.
- 1995The United Kingdom’s oldest investment banking institute, Barings Bank, collapses after a securities broker, Nick Leeson, loses $1.4 billion by speculating on the Singapore International Monetary Exchange using futures contracts.
Who were born on February 26?
- 1858Vladimir Serbsky, Russian psychiatrist (d. 1917)
- 1911Tarō Okamoto, Japanese avant-garde artist (d. 1996)
- 1920Lucjan Wolanowski, Polish journalist, writer and traveller (d. 2006)
- 1926H.M., Henry Gustav Molaison, the amnesiac patient (d. 2008)
- 1928Monique Leyrac, Canadian singer and actress
- 1937Paul Dickson, American football player and coach (d. 2011)
- 1954Ernst August, Prince of Hanover, heir to the deposed Kingdom of Hanover and husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco
- 1956Keisuke Kuwata, Japanese singer
- 1959Rolando Blackman, American basketball player
- 1980Gary Majewski, baseball pitcher
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.