February 27: Day of the Week
February 27, 2017 was the 58th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 307 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 27 Historical Event(s)
- 380Edict of Thessalonica: Emperor Theodosius I, with co-emperors Gratian and Valentinian II, declare their wish that all Roman citizens convert to trinitarian Christianity.
- 1560The Treaty of Berwick, which would expel the French from Scotland, is signed by England and the Congregation of Scotland.
- 1700The island of New Britain is discovered.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: the Battle of Moore’s Creek Bridge in North Carolina breaks up a Loyalist militia.
- 1870The current flag of Japan is first adopted as the national flag for Japanese merchant ships.
- 1943The Rosenstrasse protest starts in Berlin
- 1951The Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution, limiting Presidents to two terms, is ratified.
- 1976The formerly Spanish territory of Western Sahara, under the auspices of the Polisario Front declares independence as the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic.
- 1989Venezuela is rocked by the Caracazo riots.
- 1991Gulf War: U.S. President George H. W. Bush announces that “Kuwait is liberated”.
Who were born on February 27?
- 272Constantine the Great, Roman emperor (d. 337)
- 1895Miyagiyama Fukumatsu, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 29th Yokozuna (d. 1943)
- 1929Jack Gibson, Australian rugby league footballer and coach (d. 2008)
- 1936Roger Mahony, fourth Archbishop of Los Angeles
- 1943Mary Frann, American actress (d. 1998)
- 1954Neal Schon, American musician (Journey)
- 1957Danny Antonucci, Canadian animator
- 1965Frank Peter Zimmermann, German violinist
- 1978James Beattie, English footballer
- 1983Duje Draganja, Croatian swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.