February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2017 was the 38th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 457Leo I becomes emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1074Pandulf IV of Benevento is killed battling the invading Normans at the Battle of Montesarchio.
- 1812The strongest in a series of earthquakes strikes New Madrid, Missouri.
- 1856The Kingdom of Awadh is annexed by the British East India Company and Wajid Ali Shah, the king of Awadh, is imprisoned and later exiled to Calcutta.
- 1898Émile Zola is brought to trial for libel for publishing J'Accuse.
- 1940The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- 1974Grenada gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1991Haiti’s first democratically-elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, is sworn in.
- 1992The Maastricht Treaty is signed, leading to the creation of the European Union.
- 2008New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1478Sir Thomas More, English statesman, humanist and author (d. 1535)
- 1612Thomas Killigrew, English dramatist (d. 1683)
- 1837Sir James Murray, Scottish lexicographer and philologist (d. 1915)
- 1889Harry Nyquist, important contributor to information theory (d. 1976)
- 1947Wayne Allwine, American voice artist (d. 2009)
- 1972Amon Tobin, Canadian/Brazilian musician
- 1973Juwan Howard, American basketball player
- 1976Kelly Choi, Korean-American TV hostess of Top Chef Masters
- 1988Lee Joon, Korean singer (MBLAQ)
- 1989Louisa Lytton, British actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.