February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2023 was the 38th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YENFPAAEE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters YENFPAAEE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1074Pandulf IV of Benevento is killed battling the invading Normans at the Battle of Montesarchio.
- 1301Edward of Caernarvon (later King Edward II of England) becomes the first English Prince of Wales.
- 1497The bonfire of the vanities occurs in which supporters of Girolamo Savonarola burn thousands of objects like cosmetics, art, and books in Florence, Italy.
- 1894The Cripple Creek miner’s strike, led by the Western Federation of Miners, begins in Cripple Creek, Colorado.
- 1907The Mud March is the first large procession organized by the National Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS).
- 1948Sancheong-Hamyang massacre:Korean War
- 1962The United States bans all Cuban imports and exports.
- 1974Grenada gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1978New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1979Pluto moves inside Neptune’s orbit for the first time since either was discovered.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1612Thomas Killigrew, English dramatist (d. 1683)
- 1889Harry Nyquist, important contributor to information theory (d. 1976)
- 1905Paul Nizan, French author (d. 1940)
- 1922Hattie Jacques, English actress (d. 1980)
- 1956Mark St. John, American musician (Kiss) (d. 2007)
- 1958Matt Ridley, British scientist and science writer
- 1969Adriano, Brazilian footballer
- 1975Wes Borland, American guitarist (Limp Bizkit)
- 1983Christian Klien, Austrian racing driver
- 1984Lenny Pidgeley, British footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.