February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2019 was the 38th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Charlotte’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1795The 11th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1894The Cripple Creek miner’s strike, led by the Western Federation of Miners, begins in Cripple Creek, Colorado.
- 1898Émile Zola is brought to trial for libel for publishing J'Accuse.
- 1904A fire in Baltimore, Maryland destroys over 1,500 buildings in 30 hours.
- 1935The classic board game Monopoly is invented.
- 1943Imperial Japanese naval forces complete the evacuation of Imperial Japanese Army troops from Guadalcanal during Operation Ke, ending Japanese attempts to retake the island from Allied forces in the Guadalcanal Campaign.
- 1974Grenada gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1978New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1986Twenty-eight years of one-family rule end in Haiti, when President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees the Caribbean nation.
- 1991Haiti’s first democratically-elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, is sworn in.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1920An Wang, Chinese-born computer pioneer (d. 1990)
- 1934Earl King, American musician (d. 2003)
- 1964Ashok Banker, Indian novelist
- 1969Adriano, Brazilian footballer
- 1973Irina Björklund, Finnish actress
- 1974Nujabes, Japanese hip hop producer (d. 2010)
- 1975Alexandre Daigle, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1977Dimitris Papanikolaou, Greek basketball player
- 1977Georgios Alexopoulos, Greek soccer player
- 1979Daniel Bierofka, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.