January 3: Day of the Week
January 3, 2019 was the 3rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 362 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 3: This Day in History
The Perihelion, the point in the year when the Earth is closest to the Sun, occurs around this date.
January 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1496Leonardo da Vinci unsuccessfully tests a flying machine.
- 1749Benning Wentworth issues the first of the New Hampshire Grants, leading to the establishment of Vermont.
- 1815Austria, the United Kingdom, and France form a secret defensive alliance treaty against Prussia and Russia.
- 1823Stephen F. Austin receives a grant of land in Texas from the government of Mexico.
- 1911A magnitude 7.7 earthquake destroys the city of Almaty in Russian Turkestan.
- 1919At the Paris Peace Conference, Emir Faisal of Iraq signs an agreement with Zionist leader Chaim Weizmann on the development of a Jewish homeland in Palestine and an Arab nation in a large part of the Middle East.
- 1953Frances P. Bolton and her son, Oliver from Ohio, become the first mother and son to serve simultaneously in the U.S. Congress.
- 1959Separatists in the Maldives declare the establishment of the United Suvadive Republic.
- 1977Apple Computer is incorporated.
- 1999The Mars Polar Lander is launched.
Who were born on January 3?
- 1855Hubert Bland, British socialist (d. 1914)
- 1883Clement Attlee, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1967)
- 1912Renaude Lapointe, Canadian journalist and senator (d. 2002)
- 1956Mel Gibson, American-Australian actor and director
- 1958James J. Greco, American businessman
- 1978Dimitra Kalentzou, Greek basketball player
- 1978Kimberley Locke, American singer
- 1978Liya Kebede, Ethiopian model
- 1978Park Sol-mi, South Korean actress
- 1980David Tyree, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.