January 3: Day of the Week
January 3, 2021 was the 3rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 362 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YQVMUIVOZW? Check your answers here: Words with these letters YQVMUIVOZW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 3: This Day in History
The Perihelion, the point in the year when the Earth is closest to the Sun, occurs around this date.
January 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1431Joan of Arc is handed over to Bishop Pierre Cauchon.
- 1521Pope Leo X excommunicates Martin Luther in the papal bull Decet Romanum Pontificem.
- 1749Benning Wentworth issues the first of the New Hampshire Grants, leading to the establishment of Vermont.
- 1861American Civil War: Delaware votes not to secede from the United States.
- 1919At the Paris Peace Conference, Emir Faisal of Iraq signs an agreement with Zionist leader Chaim Weizmann on the development of a Jewish homeland in Palestine and an Arab nation in a large part of the Middle East.
- 1949The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, the central bank of the Philippines, is established.
- 1958The West Indies Federation is formed.
- 1959Separatists in the Maldives declare the establishment of the United Suvadive Republic.
- 1993In Moscow, Russia, George Bush and Boris Yeltsin sign the second Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START).
- 2004Flash Airlines Flight 604 crashes into the Red Sea, resulting in 148 deaths, making it the deadliest aviation accident in Egyptian history.
Who were born on January 3?
- 1865Henry Lytton, British actor and opera singer (d. 1936)
- 1886John Gould Fletcher, American poet and author (d. 1950)
- 1915Jack Levine, American painter (d. 2010)
- 1916Betty Furness, American actress (d. 1994)
- 1930Mara Corday, American actress and model
- 1939Nikos Alefantos, Greek football manager
- 1941Van Dyke Parks, American musician
- 1970Matt Ross, American actor
- 1974Robert-Jan Derksen, Dutch professional golfer
- 1985Linas Kleiza, Lithuanian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.