January 3: Day of the Week
January 3, 2022 was the 3rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 362 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZJEIGTIHA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ZJEIGTIHA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 3: This Day in History
The Perihelion, the point in the year when the Earth is closest to the Sun, occurs around this date.
January 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1749The first issue of Berlingske, Denmark’s oldest continually operating newspaper, is published.
- 1823Stephen F. Austin receives a grant of land in Texas from the government of Mexico.
- 1888The refracting telescope at the Lick Observatory, measuring 91 cm in diameter, is used for the first time. It was the largest telescope in the world at the time.
- 1919At the Paris Peace Conference, Emir Faisal of Iraq signs an agreement with Zionist leader Chaim Weizmann on the development of a Jewish homeland in Palestine and an Arab nation in a large part of the Middle East.
- 1932Martial law is declared in Honduras to stop a revolt by banana workers fired by the United Fruit Company.
- 1949The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, the central bank of the Philippines, is established.
- 1961The United States severs diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- 1977Apple Computer is incorporated.
- 1996The Motorola StarTAC, the first flip phone and one of the first mobile phones to gain widespread consumer adoption, goes on sale.
- 1997China announces it will spend US$27.7 billion to fight erosion and pollution in the Yangtze and Yellow River valleys.
Who were born on January 3?
- 1719Francisco José Freire, Portuguese historian (d. 1773)
- 1898Carlos Keller, Chilean fascist politician (d. 1974)
- 1910Frenchy Bordagaray, American baseball player (d. 2000)
- 1915Mady Rahl, German actress (d. 2009)
- 1926George Martin, British record producer
- 1929Ernst Mahle, Brazilian composer
- 1939Bobby Hull, Canadian hockey player
- 1970Matt Ross, American actor
- 1978Mike York, American ice hockey player
- 1986Lloyd Polite, American R&B singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.