January 3: Day of the Week
January 3, 2021 was the 3rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 362 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UKOTYAMJ? Check your answers here: Word search UKOTYAMJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 3: This Day in History
The Perihelion, the point in the year when the Earth is closest to the Sun, occurs around this date.
January 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1749Benning Wentworth issues the first of the New Hampshire Grants, leading to the establishment of Vermont.
- 1749The first issue of Berlingske, Denmark’s oldest continually operating newspaper, is published.
- 1815Austria, the United Kingdom, and France form a secret defensive alliance treaty against Prussia and Russia.
- 1870The construction of the Brooklyn Bridge begins.
- 1946Popular Canadian-American jockey George Woolf dies in a freak accident during a race; the annual George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award is created to honor him.
- 1958The West Indies Federation is formed.
- 1976The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights comes into effect.
- 1994More than seven million people from the former Apartheid Homelands, receive South African citizenship.
- 1999Israel detains, and later expels, 14 members of Concerned Christians.
- 2004Flash Airlines Flight 604 crashes into the Red Sea, resulting in 148 deaths, making it the deadliest aviation accident in Egyptian history.
Who were born on January 3?
- 1895Borys Lyatoshynsky, Ukrainian composer (d. 1968)
- 1916Bernard Greenhouse, American cellist (d. 2011)
- 1926George Martin, British record producer
- 1939Ruben Reyes, Filipino Supreme Court jurist
- 1942John Thaw, British actor (d. 2002)
- 1943Jarl Alfredius, Swedish news anchor (d. 2009)
- 1946John Paul Jones, British musician (Led Zeppelin)
- 1953Justin Fleming, Australian playwright and writer
- 1978Dimitra Kalentzou, Greek basketball player
- 1987Leonidas Panagopoulos, Greek footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.