January 3: Day of the Week
January 3, 2020 was the 3rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 363 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sharon’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 3: This Day in History
The Perihelion, the point in the year when the Earth is closest to the Sun, occurs around this date.
January 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1815Austria, the United Kingdom, and France form a secret defensive alliance treaty against Prussia and Russia.
- 1861American Civil War: Delaware votes not to secede from the United States.
- 1919At the Paris Peace Conference, Emir Faisal of Iraq signs an agreement with Zionist leader Chaim Weizmann on the development of a Jewish homeland in Palestine and an Arab nation in a large part of the Middle East.
- 1932Martial law is declared in Honduras to stop a revolt by banana workers fired by the United Fruit Company.
- 1956A fire damages the top part of the Eiffel Tower.
- 1958The West Indies Federation is formed.
- 1961The United States severs diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- 1962Pope John XXIII excommunicates Fidel Castro.
- 1990Former leader of Panama Manuel Noriega surrenders to American forces.
- 1993In Moscow, Russia, George Bush and Boris Yeltsin sign the second Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START).
Who were born on January 3?
- 1875Alexandros Diomidis, Greek banker and politician (d. 1950)
- 1912Armand Lohikoski, Finnish director (d. 2005)
- 1930Robert Loggia, American actor
- 1932Dabney Coleman, American actor
- 1958Shim Hyung-rae, South Korean filmmaker
- 1977Michelle Stephenson, British singer (Spice Girls)
- 1978Kimberley Locke, American singer
- 1979Chris Geddes, Canadian volleyball player
- 1980Bryan Clay, American decathlete
- 1985John David Booty, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.