January 3: Day of the Week
January 3, 2020 was the 3rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 363 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jack’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 3: This Day in History
The Perihelion, the point in the year when the Earth is closest to the Sun, occurs around this date.
January 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1777American general George Washington defeats British general Charles Cornwallis at the Battle of Princeton.
- 1870The construction of the Brooklyn Bridge begins.
- 1925Benito Mussolini announces he is taking dictatorial powers over Italy.
- 1932Martial law is declared in Honduras to stop a revolt by banana workers fired by the United Fruit Company.
- 1944World War II: Top Ace Major Greg “Pappy” Boyington is shot down in his Corsair by Captain Masajiro Kawato flying a Zero.
- 1959Separatists in the Maldives declare the establishment of the United Suvadive Republic.
- 1962Pope John XXIII excommunicates Fidel Castro.
- 1976The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights comes into effect.
- 1977Apple Computer is incorporated.
- 1993In Moscow, Russia, George Bush and Boris Yeltsin sign the second Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START).
Who were born on January 3?
- 1862Sir Matthew Nathan, British Governor of Queensland (d. 1939)
- 1876Wilhelm Pieck, East Germany statesman (d. 1960)
- 1949Sylvia Likens, American torture victim (d. 1965)
- 1958James J. Greco, American businessman
- 1963Alex Wheatle, British novelist
- 1977Mayumi Iizuka, Japanese voice actress
- 1978Dimitra Kalentzou, Greek basketball player
- 1978Kimberley Locke, American singer
- 1980Angela Ruggiero, American ice hockey player
- 1980Bryan Clay, American decathlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.