January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2021 was the 6th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 359 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AMGIOYRLLU? Check your answers here: Unscramble words AMGIOYRLLU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1540King Henry VIII of England marries Anne of Cleves.
- 1721The Committee of Inquiry on the South Sea Bubble publishes its findings.
- 1870The inauguration of the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria.
- 1900Second Boer War: Having already sieged the fortress at Ladysmith, Boer forces attack it, but are driven back by British defenders.
- 1929King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- 1931Thomas Edison submits his last patent application.
- 1950The United Kingdom recognizes the People’s Republic of China. The Republic of China severs diplomatic relations with the UK in response.
- 1953The first Asian Socialist Conference opens in Rangoon, Burma.
- 1978The Crown of St. Stephen (also known as the Holy Crown of Hungary) is returned to Hungary from the United States, where it was held after World War II.
- 2005American Civil Rights Movement: Edgar Ray Killen is arrested as a suspect in the 1964 murders of three civil rights workers.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1808Joseph Pitty Couthouy, American naval officer (d. 1864)
- 1896Péter Veres, Hungarian writer and politician (d. 1970)
- 1908Menachem Avidom, Austro-Hungarian born Israeli composer (d. 1995)
- 1917Koo Chen-fu, Chinese negotiator (d. 2005)
- 1921Cary Middlecoff, American golfer (d. 1998)
- 1923Jacobo Timerman, Argentine writer (d. 1999)
- 1939Murray Rose, Australian swimmer
- 1947Sandy Denny, English singer and songwriter (d. 1978)
- 1964Yuri, Mexican actress and singer
- 1987Zhang Lin, Chinese swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.