January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2019 was the 6th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 359 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Judy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1540King Henry VIII of England marries Anne of Cleves.
- 1690Joseph, son of Emperor Leopold I, becomes King of the Romans.
- 1870The inauguration of the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria.
- 1907Maria Montessori opens her first school and daycare center for working class children in Rome, Italy.
- 1910The Great White Fleet passes through the Suez Canal, the largest group of ships to pass through up to that time.
- 1912German geophysicist Alfred Wegener first presents his theory of continental drift.
- 1941President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivers his Four Freedoms speech in the State of the Union address.
- 1960National Airlines Flight 2511 is destroyed in mid-air by a bomb, while en route from New York City to Miami, Florida.
- 1994Nancy Kerrigan is clubbed on the knee at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Detroit, Michigan.
- 2005American Civil Rights Movement: Edgar Ray Killen is arrested as a suspect in the 1964 murders of three civil rights workers.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1819Baldassare Verazzi, Italian painter (d. 1886)
- 1856Giuseppe Martucci, Italian composer (d. 1909)
- 1926Kid Gavilan, Cuban boxer (d. 2003)
- 1928Capucine, French actress (d. 1990)
- 1948Guy Gardner, American astronaut
- 1952Frank Sivero, Italian-born American actor
- 1953Malcolm Young, Scottish-born Australian guitarist (AC/DC)
- 1955Richard Corbett, British politician
- 1960Andrea Thompson, American actress
- 1978Bubba Franks, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.