January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2018 was the 6th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 359 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1118Reconquista: Alfonso the Battler conquers Zaragoza.
- 1661English Restoration: The Fifth Monarchists unsuccessfully attempt to seize control of London, England.
- 1690Joseph, son of Emperor Leopold I, becomes King of the Romans.
- 1853President-elect of the United States Franklin Pierce and his family are involved in a train wreck near Andover, Massachusetts.
- 1870The inauguration of the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria.
- 1912New Mexico is admitted as the 47th U.S. state.
- 1930The first diesel-engined automobile trip is completed, from Indianapolis, Indiana, to New York, New York.
- 1950The United Kingdom recognizes the People’s Republic of China. The Republic of China severs diplomatic relations with the UK in response.
- 1960National Airlines Flight 2511 is destroyed in mid-air by a bomb, while en route from New York City to Miami, Florida.
- 1995A chemical fire in an apartment complex in Manila, Philippines, leads to the discovery of plans for Project Bojinka, a mass-terrorist attack.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1898Charles E. Pont, American artist (d. 1971)
- 1917Koo Chen-fu, Chinese negotiator (d. 2005)
- 1936Rubén Amaro, Sr., Mexican baseball player
- 1942Yiannis Boutaris, Greek businessman, mayor of Thessaloniki
- 1945Allen Appel, American novelist
- 1956Angus Deayton, English comedian, actor and television presenter
- 1963Norm Charlton, American baseball player
- 1978Nikki Einfeld, Canadian opera singer
- 1982Tiffany Pollard, American reality television personality
- 1986Irina Shayk, Russian-born American model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.