January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2020 was the 6th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 360 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Michael’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1853President-elect of the United States Franklin Pierce and his family are involved in a train wreck near Andover, Massachusetts.
- 1870The inauguration of the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria.
- 1912German geophysicist Alfred Wegener first presents his theory of continental drift.
- 1929King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- 1953The first Asian Socialist Conference opens in Rangoon, Burma.
- 1967Vietnam War: United States Marine Corps and ARVN troops launch “Operation Deckhouse Five” in the Mekong River delta.
- 1978The Crown of St. Stephen (also known as the Holy Crown of Hungary) is returned to Hungary from the United States, where it was held after World War II.
- 1995A chemical fire in an apartment complex in Manila, Philippines, leads to the discovery of plans for Project Bojinka, a mass-terrorist attack.
- 2005American Civil Rights Movement: Edgar Ray Killen is arrested as a suspect in the 1964 murders of three civil rights workers.
- 2005A train collision in Graniteville, South Carolina, releases about 60 tons of chlorine gas.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1486Martin Agricola, German composer (d. 1556)
- 1822Heinrich Schliemann, German archaeologist (d. 1890)
- 1848Hristo Botev, Bulgarian poet and revolutionary figure (d. 1876)
- 1920Doris Stokes, British psychic medium (d. 1987)
- 1933Emil Steinberger, Swiss comedian
- 1944Rolf M. Zinkernagel, Swiss immunologist, Nobel laureate
- 1960Howie Long, American football player and analyst
- 1974Daniel Cordone, Argentine footballer
- 1982Tiffany Pollard, American reality television personality
- 1987Bongani Khumalo, South African footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.