January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2020 was the 6th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 360 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Chloe’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1205Philip of Swabia becomes King of the Romans.
- 1355Charles I of Bohemia is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy as King of Italy in Milan.
- 1690Joseph, son of Emperor Leopold I, becomes King of the Romans.
- 1839The most damaging storm in 300 years sweeps across Ireland, damaging or destroying more than 20% of the houses in Dublin.
- 1853President-elect of the United States Franklin Pierce and his family are involved in a train wreck near Andover, Massachusetts.
- 1921Formation of the Iraqi Army.
- 1929Mother Teresa arrives in Calcutta, India to begin her work among India’s poorest and sick people.
- 1930The first diesel-engined automobile trip is completed, from Indianapolis, Indiana, to New York, New York.
- 1967Vietnam War: United States Marine Corps and ARVN troops launch “Operation Deckhouse Five” in the Mekong River delta.
- 1995A chemical fire in an apartment complex in Manila, Philippines, leads to the discovery of plans for Project Bojinka, a mass-terrorist attack.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1367King Richard II of England (d. 1400)
- 1819Baldassare Verazzi, Italian painter (d. 1886)
- 1856Giuseppe Martucci, Italian composer (d. 1909)
- 1878Dame Adeline Genée, Danish-born British ballerina (d. 1970)
- 1931Juan Goytisolo, Spanish poet, essayist, and novelist
- 1956Angus Deayton, English comedian, actor and television presenter
- 1957Nancy Lopez, American golfer
- 1962Michael Houser, American guitarist (Widespread Panic) (d. 2002)
- 1964Denise Borino, American actress (d. 2010)
- 1987Zhang Lin, Chinese swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.