January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2021 was the 6th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 359 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DUYIMIM? Check your answers here: Word solver DUYIMIM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1118Reconquista: Alfonso the Battler conquers Zaragoza.
- 1205Philip of Swabia becomes King of the Romans.
- 1721The Committee of Inquiry on the South Sea Bubble publishes its findings.
- 1870The inauguration of the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria.
- 1900Second Boer War: Having already sieged the fortress at Ladysmith, Boer forces attack it, but are driven back by British defenders.
- 1929King Alexander of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes suspends his country’s constitution (the January 6th Dictatorship).
- 1947Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to schedule a flight around the world.
- 1951Ganghwa massacre: Korean War.
- 1978The Crown of St. Stephen (also known as the Holy Crown of Hungary) is returned to Hungary from the United States, where it was held after World War II.
- 2005A train collision in Graniteville, South Carolina, releases about 60 tons of chlorine gas.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1580(baptised) John Smith of Jamestown (d. 1631)
- 1587Gaspar de Guzmán, Count-Duke of Olivares, Spanish statesman (d. 1645)
- 1899Heinrich Nordhoff, German automobile engineer (d. 1968)
- 1928Capucine, French actress (d. 1990)
- 1951Kim Wilson, American musician (The Fabulous Thunderbirds)
- 1952Frank Sivero, Italian-born American actor
- 1956Angus Deayton, English comedian, actor and television presenter
- 1959Kapil Dev, Indian cricketer
- 1960Andrea Thompson, American actress
- 1975James Farrior, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.