January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2017 was the 6th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 359 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1322Stephen Uroš III is crowned King of Serbia.
- 1355Charles I of Bohemia is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy as King of Italy in Milan.
- 1870The inauguration of the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria.
- 1893The Washington National Cathedral is chartered by Congress. The charter is signed by President Benjamin Harrison.
- 1907Maria Montessori opens her first school and daycare center for working class children in Rome, Italy.
- 1912German geophysicist Alfred Wegener first presents his theory of continental drift.
- 1921Formation of the Iraqi Army.
- 1930The first diesel-engined automobile trip is completed, from Indianapolis, Indiana, to New York, New York.
- 1941President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivers his Four Freedoms speech in the State of the Union address.
- 1967Vietnam War: United States Marine Corps and ARVN troops launch “Operation Deckhouse Five” in the Mekong River delta.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1857Hugh Mahon, Irish-born Australian politician (d. 1931)
- 1899Heinrich Nordhoff, German automobile engineer (d. 1968)
- 1912Danny Thomas, American actor (d. 1991)
- 1915John C. Lilly, American psychoanalyst (d. 2001)
- 1916Eugene T. Maleska, American crossword puzzle creator and editor (d. 1993)
- 1926Pat Flaherty, American racecar driver (d. 2002)
- 1935Nino Tempo, American singer and actor
- 1965Konnan, Cuban-born professional wrestler
- 1969Norman Reedus, American model and actor
- 1978Casey Fossum, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.