January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2020 was the 6th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 360 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tara’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1205Philip of Swabia becomes King of the Romans.
- 1355Charles I of Bohemia is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy as King of Italy in Milan.
- 1579The Union of Arras is signed.
- 1690Joseph, son of Emperor Leopold I, becomes King of the Romans.
- 1870The inauguration of the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria.
- 1893The Washington National Cathedral is chartered by Congress. The charter is signed by President Benjamin Harrison.
- 1900Second Boer War: Having already sieged the fortress at Ladysmith, Boer forces attack it, but are driven back by British defenders.
- 1910The Great White Fleet passes through the Suez Canal, the largest group of ships to pass through up to that time.
- 1921Formation of the Iraqi Army.
- 2005A train collision in Graniteville, South Carolina, releases about 60 tons of chlorine gas.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1412Joan of Arc, French military figure and Roman Catholic Saint (legendary date) (d. 1431)
- 1822Heinrich Schliemann, German archaeologist (d. 1890)
- 1882Sam Rayburn, American politician (d. 1961)
- 1900Kathryn Hulme, American novelist (d. 1981)
- 1924Earl Scruggs, American musician
- 1926Kid Gavilan, Cuban boxer (d. 2003)
- 1957Michael Foale, American astronaut
- 1962Michael Houser, American guitarist (Widespread Panic) (d. 2002)
- 1974Paul Grant, American basketball player
- 1975Nicole DeHuff, American actress (d. 2005)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.