January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2019 was the 7th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rebekah’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1325Alfonso IV becomes King of Portugal.
- 1785Frenchman Jean-Pierre Blanchard and American John Jeffries travel from Dover, England, to Calais, France, in a gas balloon.
- 1931Guy Menzies flies the first solo non-stop trans-Tasman flight (from Australia to New Zealand) in 11 hours and 45 minutes, crash-landing on New Zealand’s west coast.
- 1935Benito Mussolini and French Foreign minister Pierre Laval sign the Franco-Italian Agreement.
- 1952President Harry S. Truman announces that the United States has developed the hydrogen bomb.
- 1954Georgetown-IBM experiment: the first public demonstration of a machine translation system, is held in New York at the head office of IBM.
- 1959The United States recognizes the new Cuban government of Fidel Castro.
- 1960The Polaris missile is test launched.
- 1968Surveyor Program: Surveyor 7, the last spacecraft in the Surveyor series, lifts off from launch complex 36A, Cape Canaveral.
- 1984Brunei becomes the sixth member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Who were born on January 7?
- 1528Jeanne d'Albret, Queen of Navarre (d. 1572)
- 1906Bobbi Trout, American aviator (d. 2003)
- 1917Ulysses Kay, American composer (d. 1995)
- 1935Kenny Davern, American jazz clarinetist (d. 2006)
- 1941Iona Brown, British violinist and conductor (d. 2004)
- 1957Julian Solis, Puerto Rican boxer
- 1957Katie Couric, American television host
- 1973Baiba Broka, Latvian actress
- 1981Alex Auld, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1991Eden Hazard, Belgian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.