January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2019 was the 7th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1558France takes Calais, the last continental possession of England.
- 1782The first American commercial bank, the Bank of North America, opens.
- 1785Frenchman Jean-Pierre Blanchard and American John Jeffries travel from Dover, England, to Calais, France, in a gas balloon.
- 1922Dáil Éireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by a 64-57 vote.
- 1945World War II: British General Bernard Montgomery holds a press conference in which he claims credit for victory in the Battle of the Bulge.
- 1954Georgetown-IBM experiment: the first public demonstration of a machine translation system, is held in New York at the head office of IBM.
- 1960The Polaris missile is test launched.
- 1984Brunei becomes the sixth member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- 1999The Senate trial in the impeachment of U.S. President Bill Clinton begins.
- 2010Muslim gunmen open fire on a crowd of Coptic Christians leaving church after celebrating a midnight Christmas mass, killing eight of them as well as one Muslim bystander.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1355Thomas of Woodstock, 1st Duke of Gloucester, son of Edward III of England (d. 1397)
- 1895Clara Haskil, Romanian pianist (d. 1960)
- 1945Tony Conigliaro, American baseball player (d. 1990)
- 1950Malcolm Macdonald, English footballer
- 1950Ross Grimsley, American baseball player
- 1956Mike Liut, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1967Guy Hebert, American ice hockey player
- 1983Liesbeth Mouha, Belgian beach volleyball player
- 1988Scott Pendlebury, Australian footballer
- 1991Max Morrow, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.