January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2019 was the 7th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1598Boris Godunov becomes Czar of Russia.
- 1935Benito Mussolini and French Foreign minister Pierre Laval sign the Franco-Italian Agreement.
- 1950A fire at the Mercy Hospital in Davenport, Iowa, kills 41 people.
- 1952President Harry S. Truman announces that the United States has developed the hydrogen bomb.
- 1954Georgetown-IBM experiment: the first public demonstration of a machine translation system, is held in New York at the head office of IBM.
- 1960The Polaris missile is test launched.
- 1973Mark Essex fatally shoots 10 people and wounds 13 others at Howard Johnson’s Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, before being shot to death by police officers.
- 1979Third Indochina War – Cambodian–Vietnamese War: Phnom Penh falls to the advancing Vietnamese troops, driving out Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.
- 1993Bosnian War: The Bosnian Army executes a surprise attack on the village of Kravica in Srebrenica.
- 1999The Senate trial in the impeachment of U.S. President Bill Clinton begins.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1786John Catron, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (d. 1865)
- 1899Al Bowlly, British jazz singer (d. 1941)
- 1908Red Allen, American musician (d. 1967)
- 1924Geoffrey Bayldon, British actor
- 1924Pablo Birger, Argentine racing driver (d. 1966)
- 1947Shobha De, Indian writer
- 1950Ross Grimsley, American baseball player
- 1953Morris Titanic, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1957Nicholson Baker, American novelist
- 1978Jean Charles de Menezes, Brazilian shooting victim (d. 2005)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.