January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2021 was the 7th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters COGEAUQ? Check your answers here: Word search COGEAUQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1782The first American commercial bank, the Bank of North America, opens.
- 1785Frenchman Jean-Pierre Blanchard and American John Jeffries travel from Dover, England, to Calais, France, in a gas balloon.
- 1797The modern Italian flag is first used.
- 1931Guy Menzies flies the first solo non-stop trans-Tasman flight (from Australia to New Zealand) in 11 hours and 45 minutes, crash-landing on New Zealand’s west coast.
- 1940Winter War: The Finnish 9th Division stops and completely destroys the overwhelming Soviet forces on the Raate-Suomussalmi road.
- 1942World War II: The siege of the Bataan Peninsula begins.
- 1948Kentucky Air National Guard pilot Thomas Mantell crashes while in pursuit of a supposed UFO.
- 1960The Polaris missile is test launched.
- 1990The interior of the Leaning Tower of Pisa is closed to the public because of safety concerns.
- 1991Roger Lafontant, former leader of the Tonton Macoutes in Haiti under François Duvalier, attempts a coup d'état, which ends in his arrest.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1899Al Bowlly, British jazz singer (d. 1941)
- 1900John Brownlee, Australian tenor (d. 1969)
- 1928William Peter Blatty, American screenwriter
- 1943Richard Armstrong, British conductor
- 1945Raila Odinga, Prime Minister of Kenya
- 1959Kathy Valentine, American musician (The Go-Go’s)
- 1960Loretta Sanchez, American politician, U.S. Representative from California
- 1963Rand Paul, American politician, Junior Senator from Kentucky
- 1977John Gidding, American architect and TV host
- 1982Hannah Stockbauer, German swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.