January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2021 was the 7th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UOVPINMHC? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UOVPINMHC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1608Fire destroys Jamestown, Virginia.
- 1797The modern Italian flag is first used.
- 1920The New York State Assembly refuses to seat five duly elected Socialist assemblymen.
- 1927The first transatlantic telephone service is established – from New York, New York to London, England, United Kingdom.
- 1931Guy Menzies flies the first solo non-stop trans-Tasman flight (from Australia to New Zealand) in 11 hours and 45 minutes, crash-landing on New Zealand’s west coast.
- 1935Benito Mussolini and French Foreign minister Pierre Laval sign the Franco-Italian Agreement.
- 1945World War II: British General Bernard Montgomery holds a press conference in which he claims credit for victory in the Battle of the Bulge.
- 1959The United States recognizes the new Cuban government of Fidel Castro.
- 1960The Polaris missile is test launched.
- 1989Prince Akihito is sworn in as the emperor of Japan after the death of his father Hirohito
Who were born on January 7?
- 1746George Elphinstone, 1st Viscount Keith, Royal Navy admiral (d. 1823)
- 1870Lord Gordon Hewart, British judge (d. 1943)
- 1899Al Bowlly, British jazz singer (d. 1941)
- 1900John Brownlee, Australian tenor (d. 1969)
- 1935Valeri Kubasov, Soviet cosmonaut
- 1948Kenny Loggins, American singer
- 1982Hannah Stockbauer, German swimmer
- 1983Edwin Encarnación, Dominican baseball player (raised in Puerto Rico)
- 1986Grant Leadbitter, English footballer
- 1987Lyndsy Fonseca, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.