January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2020 was the 7th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 359 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brianna’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1558France takes Calais, the last continental possession of England.
- 1598Boris Godunov becomes Czar of Russia.
- 1608Fire destroys Jamestown, Virginia.
- 1942World War II: The siege of the Bataan Peninsula begins.
- 1945World War II: British General Bernard Montgomery holds a press conference in which he claims credit for victory in the Battle of the Bulge.
- 1952President Harry S. Truman announces that the United States has developed the hydrogen bomb.
- 1980President Jimmy Carter authorizes legislation giving $1.5 billion in loans to bail out the Chrysler Corporation.
- 1989Prince Akihito is sworn in as the emperor of Japan after the death of his father Hirohito
- 1993The Fourth Republic of Ghana is inaugurated with Jerry Rawlings as President.
- 1999The Senate trial in the impeachment of U.S. President Bill Clinton begins.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1528Jeanne d'Albret, Queen of Navarre (d. 1572)
- 1800Millard Fillmore, 13th President of the United States (d. 1874)
- 1837Thomas Henry Ismay, founder of the White Star Line shipping company (d. 1899)
- 1934Charles Jenkins, American sprinter
- 1934Tassos Papadopoulos, President of Cyprus (d. 2008)
- 1943Sadako Sasaki, Japanese child victim of the Hiroshima atomic bomb (d. 1955)
- 1949Marshall Chapman, American singer-songwriter
- 1949Steven Williams, American actor
- 1967Mark Lamarr, British comedian and broadcaster
- 1990Liam Aiken, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.