January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2019 was the 7th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rita’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1558France takes Calais, the last continental possession of England.
- 1782The first American commercial bank, the Bank of North America, opens.
- 1835HMS Beagle drops anchor off the Chonos Archipelago.
- 1894William Kennedy Dickson receives a patent for motion picture film.
- 1904The distress signal “CQD” is established only to be replaced two years later by “SOS”.
- 1927The first transatlantic telephone service is established – from New York, New York to London, England, United Kingdom.
- 1931Guy Menzies flies the first solo non-stop trans-Tasman flight (from Australia to New Zealand) in 11 hours and 45 minutes, crash-landing on New Zealand’s west coast.
- 1942World War II: The siege of the Bataan Peninsula begins.
- 1954Georgetown-IBM experiment: the first public demonstration of a machine translation system, is held in New York at the head office of IBM.
- 1999The Senate trial in the impeachment of U.S. President Bill Clinton begins.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1834Johann Philipp Reis, German physicist and inventor (d. 1874)
- 1876William Hurlstone, English composer (d. 1906)
- 1896Arnold Ridley, British playwright and actor (d. 1984)
- 1949Anne Schedeen, American actress
- 1957Reena Roy, Indian actress
- 1979Mariangel Ruiz, Venezuelan actress and model
- 1981Marquis Daniels, American basketball player
- 1983Robert Ri'chard, American actor
- 1986Grant Leadbitter, English footballer
- 1987Jimmy Smith, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.