January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2021 was the 7th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZTZYIIUOSGPS? Check your answers here: Word scramble ZTZYIIUOSGPS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1325Alfonso IV becomes King of Portugal.
- 1558France takes Calais, the last continental possession of England.
- 1598Boris Godunov becomes Czar of Russia.
- 1894William Kennedy Dickson receives a patent for motion picture film.
- 1922Dáil Éireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by a 64-57 vote.
- 1927The first transatlantic telephone service is established – from New York, New York to London, England, United Kingdom.
- 1931Guy Menzies flies the first solo non-stop trans-Tasman flight (from Australia to New Zealand) in 11 hours and 45 minutes, crash-landing on New Zealand’s west coast.
- 1952President Harry S. Truman announces that the United States has developed the hydrogen bomb.
- 1980President Jimmy Carter authorizes legislation giving $1.5 billion in loans to bail out the Chrysler Corporation.
- 1990The interior of the Leaning Tower of Pisa is closed to the public because of safety concerns.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1355Thomas of Woodstock, 1st Duke of Gloucester, son of Edward III of England (d. 1397)
- 1860Emanuil Manolov, Bulgarian composer (d. 1902)
- 1871Émile Borel, French mathematician and politician (d. 1956)
- 1903Alan Napier, English actor (d. 1988)
- 1928William Peter Blatty, American screenwriter
- 1945Raila Odinga, Prime Minister of Kenya
- 1957Nicholson Baker, American novelist
- 1958Donna Rice, American sex scandal figure
- 1967Mark Lamarr, British comedian and broadcaster
- 1975Tift Merritt, American singer songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.