July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2019 is the 191st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1460Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick defeats the king’s Lancastrian forces and takes King Henry VI prisoner in the Battle of Northampton.
- 1877The then-villa of Mayagüez, Puerto Rico formally receives its city charter from the Royal Crown of Spain.
- 1946Hungarian hyperinflation sets a record with inflation of 348.46 percent per day, or prices doubling every eleven hours.
- 1968Maurice Couve de Murville becomes Prime Minister of France.
- 1973John Paul Getty III, grandson of oil magnate J. Paul Getty, is kidnapped in Rome, Italy.
- 1978World News Tonight premieres on ABC.
- 1980Alexandra Palace burns down for a second time.
- 2000EADS, the world’s second-largest aerospace group is formed by the merger of Aérospatiale-Matra, DASA, and CASA.
- 2005Hurricane Dennis slams into the Florida Panhandle, causing billions of dollars in damage.
- 2011Russian cruise ship Bulgaria sunk in Volga near Syukeyevo, Tatarstan, leading to 122 deaths.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1625Jean Herauld Gourville, French adventurer (d. 1703)
- 1682Bartholomaeus Ziegenbalg, German Lutheran missionary to India (d. 1719)
- 1830Camille Pissarro, French painter (d. 1903)
- 1896Thérèse Casgrain, French Canadian politician and senator (d. 1981)
- 1899Heiri Suter, Swiss cyclist (d. 1978)
- 1901Eiji Tsuburaya, Japanese special effects director (d. 1970)
- 1942Ronnie James Dio, American musician (d. 2010)
- 1953Zoogz Rift, singer/songwriter and wrestling booker (d. 2011)
- 1970Helen Sjöholm, Swedish singer and actress
- 1986Simenona Martinez, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.