July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2021 was the 191st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MEDEIMPENXASX? Check your answers here: Unscramble words MEDEIMPENXASX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 988Norse King Glun Iarainn recognises Máel Sechnaill II, High King of Ireland, and agrees to pay taxes and accept Brehon Law; the event is considered to be the founding of the city of Dublin.
- 1778American Revolution: Louis XVI of France declares war on the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1832U.S.President Andrew Jackson vetoes a bill that would re-charter the Second Bank of the United States.
- 1911The Royal Australian Navy was established by HM King George V of Australia.
- 1925Scopes Trial: In Dayton, Tennessee, the so-called “Monkey Trial” begins with John T. Scopes, a young high school science teacher accused of teaching evolution in violation of the Butler Act.
- 1942Diplomatic relations between the Netherlands and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1947Muhammad Ali Jinnah is recommended as the first Governor-General of Pakistan by British Prime Minister Clement Attlee.
- 1967Uruguay becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1968Maurice Couve de Murville becomes Prime Minister of France.
- 1997Partido Popular (Spain) member Miguel Ángel Blanco is kidnapped in the Basque city of Ermua by ETA members, sparking widespread protests.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1419Emperor Go-Hanazono of Japan (d. 1471)
- 1871Marcel Proust, French writer (d. 1922)
- 1899John Gilbert, American actor (d. 1936)
- 1931Julian May, American writer
- 1945Hal McRae American baseball player,
- 1949John Whitehead, American singer and record producer (d.2004)
- 1968Jonathan Gilbert, American actor
- 1971Gregory Goodridge, Barbadian footballer
- 1975Alain Nasreddine, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1986Simenona Martinez, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.