July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2019 is the 191st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1460Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick defeats the king’s Lancastrian forces and takes King Henry VI prisoner in the Battle of Northampton.
- 1499Portuguese explorer Nicolau Coelho returns to Lisbon, after discovering the sea route to India as a companion of Vasco da Gama.
- 1850Millard Fillmore is inaugurated as the 13th President of the United States upon the death of President Zachary Taylor, 16 months into his term.
- 1882War of the Pacific: Chile suffers its last military defeat in the Battle of La Concepción when a garrison of 77 men is annihilated by a 1,300-strong Peruvian force, many of them armed with spears.
- 1911The Royal Australian Navy was established by HM King George V of Australia.
- 1925Meher Baba begins his silence of 44 years. His followers observe Silence Day on this date in commemoration.
- 1925Scopes Trial: In Dayton, Tennessee, the so-called “Monkey Trial” begins with John T. Scopes, a young high school science teacher accused of teaching evolution in violation of the Butler Act.
- 1940World War II: Battle of Britain – The German Luftwaffe begins attacking British convoys in the English Channel thus starting the battle (this start date is contested, though).
- 1951Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- 2005Hurricane Dennis slams into the Florida Panhandle, causing billions of dollars in damage.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1809Friedrich August von Quenstedt, German geologist (d. 1889)
- 1923Earl Hamner Jr., American author and television producer
- 1931Julian May, American writer
- 1932Carlo Mario Abate, Italian racing driver
- 1939Ahmet Taner Kışlalı, Turkish politician, journalist, and educator (d. 1999)
- 1952Ludmilla Tourischeva, Russian gymnast
- 1963Richard Waites, British actor
- 1970Adam Hills, Australian comedian
- 1975Stefán Karl Stefánsson, Icelandic actor
- 1991María Chacón, Mexican actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.