July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2021 is the 191st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CUIZNEIEMN? Check your answers here: Words with these letters CUIZNEIEMN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1645English Civil War: The Battle of Langport takes place.
- 1850Millard Fillmore is inaugurated as the 13th President of the United States upon the death of President Zachary Taylor, 16 months into his term.
- 1921Belfast’s Bloody Sunday: 16 people are killed and 161 houses destroyed during rioting and gun battles in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 1947Muhammad Ali Jinnah is recommended as the first Governor-General of Pakistan by British Prime Minister Clement Attlee.
- 1967Uruguay becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1968Maurice Couve de Murville becomes Prime Minister of France.
- 1973John Paul Getty III, grandson of oil magnate J. Paul Getty, is kidnapped in Rome, Italy.
- 1992In Miami, Florida, former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega is sentenced to 40 years in prison for drug and racketeering violations.
- 2003A Neoplan bus, owned by Kowloon Motor Bus, collides with a truck, falls off a bridge on Tuen Mun Road, Hong Kong, and plunges into the underlying valley, killing 21 people. This is the deadliest traffic accident to date in Hong Kong.
- 2005Hurricane Dennis slams into the Florida Panhandle, causing billions of dollars in damage.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1839Adolphus Busch, German-born brewer (d. 1913)
- 1874Sergey Konenkov, Russian sculptor (d. 1971)
- 1875Mary McLeod Bethune, American educator (d. 1955)
- 1883Johannes Blaskowitz, German general (d. 1948)
- 1927David Norman Dinkins, New York City Mayor, 1990-1993
- 1938Lee Morgan, American hard-bop trumpeter (d. 1972)
- 1954Neil Tennant, British musician (Pet Shop Boys)
- 1967Silvetty Montilla, Brazilian drag queen
- 1968Hassiba Boulmerka, Algerian athlete
- 1969Alexandra Hedison, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.