July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2022 is the 191st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UIAOVPGIF? Check your answers here: Word scramble UIAOVPGIF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 138Emperor Hadrian dies after a heart failure at Baiae, he is buried at Rome in the Tomb of Hadrian beside his late wife, Vibia Sabina.
- 1645English Civil War: The Battle of Langport takes place.
- 1925Meher Baba begins his silence of 44 years. His followers observe Silence Day on this date in commemoration.
- 1946Hungarian hyperinflation sets a record with inflation of 348.46 percent per day, or prices doubling every eleven hours.
- 1951Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- 1976One American and three British mercenaries are executed in Angola following the Luanda Trial.
- 1985Greenpeace vessel Rainbow Warrior is bombed and sunk in Auckland, New Zealand harbour by French DGSE agents, killing Fernando Pereira.
- 1998Roman Catholic sex abuse cases: The Diocese of Dallas agrees to pay $23.4 million to nine former altar boys who claimed they were sexually abused by former priest Rudolph Kos.
- 2008Former Macedonian Interior Minister Ljube Boškoski is acquitted of all charges by a United Nations Tribunal accusing him of war crimes.
- 2011Russian cruise ship Bulgaria sunk in Volga near Syukeyevo, Tatarstan, leading to 122 deaths.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1923John Bradley, American Navy corpsman (d. 1994)
- 1924Johnny Bach, American basketball coach
- 1927David Norman Dinkins, New York City Mayor, 1990-1993
- 1940Helen Donath, American soprano
- 1959Ellen Kuras, American cinematographer
- 1960Jeff Bergman, American voice actor
- 1965Alec Mapa, Filipino-American actor and comedian
- 1970Adam Hills, Australian comedian
- 1975Stefán Karl Stefánsson, Icelandic actor
- 1985Park Chu-Young, South Korean footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.