July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2019 was the 191st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1789Alexander Mackenzie reaches the Mackenzie River delta.
- 1832U.S.President Andrew Jackson vetoes a bill that would re-charter the Second Bank of the United States.
- 1921Belfast’s Bloody Sunday: 16 people are killed and 161 houses destroyed during rioting and gun battles in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 1947Muhammad Ali Jinnah is recommended as the first Governor-General of Pakistan by British Prime Minister Clement Attlee.
- 1951Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- 1962Telstar, the world’s first communications satellite, is launched into orbit.
- 1991The South African cricket team is readmitted into the International Cricket Council following the end of Apartheid.
- 2006Pakistan International Flight PK-688 crashes in Multan, Pakistan, shortly after takeoff, killing all 45 people on board.
- 2008Former Macedonian Interior Minister Ljube Boškoski is acquitted of all charges by a United Nations Tribunal accusing him of war crimes.
- 2011Russian cruise ship Bulgaria sunk in Volga near Syukeyevo, Tatarstan, leading to 122 deaths.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1638David Teniers III, Flemish painter (d. 1685)
- 1927Suzanne Cloutier, Canadian film actor (d. 2003)
- 1941David G. Hartwell, American editor and anthologist
- 1945Hal McRae American baseball player,
- 1945Peter Michalica, Slovak violinist
- 1969Jamie Glover, British actor
- 1979Mvondo Atangana, Cameroon footballer
- 1984Maria Julia Mantilla Garcia, Miss World 2004
- 1991Danielle Horvat, Australian actress
- 1992Larissa Marolt, Australian fashion model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.