July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2020 is the 192nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Oliver’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 138Emperor Hadrian dies after a heart failure at Baiae, he is buried at Rome in the Tomb of Hadrian beside his late wife, Vibia Sabina.
- 1789Alexander Mackenzie reaches the Mackenzie River delta.
- 1850Millard Fillmore is inaugurated as the 13th President of the United States upon the death of President Zachary Taylor, 16 months into his term.
- 1882War of the Pacific: Chile suffers its last military defeat in the Battle of La Concepción when a garrison of 77 men is annihilated by a 1,300-strong Peruvian force, many of them armed with spears.
- 1941Jedwabne Pogrom: the massacre of Jewish people living in and near the village of Jedwabne in Poland.
- 1946Hungarian hyperinflation sets a record with inflation of 348.46 percent per day, or prices doubling every eleven hours.
- 1978President Moktar Ould Daddah of Mauritania is ousted in a bloodless coup d'état.
- 1985Greenpeace vessel Rainbow Warrior is bombed and sunk in Auckland, New Zealand harbour by French DGSE agents, killing Fernando Pereira.
- 1992In Miami, Florida, former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega is sentenced to 40 years in prison for drug and racketeering violations.
- 2006Pakistan International Flight PK-688 crashes in Multan, Pakistan, shortly after takeoff, killing all 45 people on board.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1592Pierre d'Hozier, French historian (d. 1660)
- 1682Roger Cotes, English mathematician (d. 1716)
- 1899Heiri Suter, Swiss cyclist (d. 1978)
- 1913Salvador Espriu, Spanish poet (d. 1985)
- 1927David Norman Dinkins, New York City Mayor, 1990-1993
- 1931Jerry Herman, American composer and lyricist
- 1941Ian Whitcomb, English songwriter, entertainer and producer
- 1945Peter Michalica, Slovak violinist
- 1966Johnny Grunge, American wrestler (d. 2006)
- 1975Alain Nasreddine, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.