July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2020 was the 192nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VJHYUZIEERSN? Check your answers here: Word search VJHYUZIEERSN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 138Emperor Hadrian dies after a heart failure at Baiae, he is buried at Rome in the Tomb of Hadrian beside his late wife, Vibia Sabina.
- 1460Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick defeats the king’s Lancastrian forces and takes King Henry VI prisoner in the Battle of Northampton.
- 1877The then-villa of Mayagüez, Puerto Rico formally receives its city charter from the Royal Crown of Spain.
- 1925Meher Baba begins his silence of 44 years. His followers observe Silence Day on this date in commemoration.
- 1925Scopes Trial: In Dayton, Tennessee, the so-called “Monkey Trial” begins with John T. Scopes, a young high school science teacher accused of teaching evolution in violation of the Butler Act.
- 1951Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- 1980Alexandra Palace burns down for a second time.
- 1991The South African cricket team is readmitted into the International Cricket Council following the end of Apartheid.
- 1992In Miami, Florida, former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega is sentenced to 40 years in prison for drug and racketeering violations.
- 2008Former Macedonian Interior Minister Ljube Boškoski is acquitted of all charges by a United Nations Tribunal accusing him of war crimes.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1509John Calvin, French religious reformer (d. 1564)
- 1899John Gilbert, American actor (d. 1936)
- 1945John Motson, British sports (football) commentator
- 1963Richard Waites, British actor
- 1965Alec Mapa, Filipino-American actor and comedian
- 1969Jamie Glover, British actor
- 1970John Simm, British actor
- 1971Adam Foote, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1975Stefán Karl Stefánsson, Icelandic actor
- 1976Adrian Grenier, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.