July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2019 was the 191st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jill’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1460Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick defeats the king’s Lancastrian forces and takes King Henry VI prisoner in the Battle of Northampton.
- 1789Alexander Mackenzie reaches the Mackenzie River delta.
- 1882War of the Pacific: Chile suffers its last military defeat in the Battle of La Concepción when a garrison of 77 men is annihilated by a 1,300-strong Peruvian force, many of them armed with spears.
- 1921Belfast’s Bloody Sunday: 16 people are killed and 161 houses destroyed during rioting and gun battles in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 1942Diplomatic relations between the Netherlands and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1951Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- 1962Telstar, the world’s first communications satellite, is launched into orbit.
- 1998Roman Catholic sex abuse cases: The Diocese of Dallas agrees to pay $23.4 million to nine former altar boys who claimed they were sexually abused by former priest Rudolph Kos.
- 2002At a Sotheby‘s auction, Peter Paul Rubens’painting The Massacre of the Innocents is sold for £49.5million (US$76.2 million) to Lord Thomson.
- 2005Hurricane Dennis slams into the Florida Panhandle, causing billions of dollars in damage.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1899John Gilbert, American actor (d. 1936)
- 1921Jake LaMotta, American boxer
- 1938Paul Andreu, French architect
- 1941David G. Hartwell, American editor and anthologist
- 1942Pyotr Klimuk, Soviet cosmonaut
- 1954Andre Dawson, American baseball player
- 1954Neil Tennant, British musician (Pet Shop Boys)
- 1965Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark
- 1967Silvetty Montilla, Brazilian drag queen
- 1981Aleksandar Tunchev, Bulgarian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.