July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2023 is the 191st day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OIGUTEIG? Check your answers here: Word finder OIGUTEIG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1499Portuguese explorer Nicolau Coelho returns to Lisbon, after discovering the sea route to India as a companion of Vasco da Gama.
- 1584William I of Orange is assassinated in his home in Delft, Holland by Balthasar Gérard.
- 1778American Revolution: Louis XVI of France declares war on the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1882War of the Pacific: Chile suffers its last military defeat in the Battle of La Concepción when a garrison of 77 men is annihilated by a 1,300-strong Peruvian force, many of them armed with spears.
- 1911The Royal Australian Navy was established by HM King George V of Australia.
- 1968Maurice Couve de Murville becomes Prime Minister of France.
- 1976The Seveso disaster occurs in Italy.
- 1980Alexandra Palace burns down for a second time.
- 2000EADS, the world’s second-largest aerospace group is formed by the merger of Aérospatiale-Matra, DASA, and CASA.
- 2008Former Macedonian Interior Minister Ljube Boškoski is acquitted of all charges by a United Nations Tribunal accusing him of war crimes.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1419Emperor Go-Hanazono of Japan (d. 1471)
- 1666John Ernest Grabe, German-born Anglican theologian (d. 1711)
- 1856Nikola Tesla, Serb-American inventor (d. 1943)
- 1875Mary McLeod Bethune, American educator (d. 1955)
- 1899Heiri Suter, Swiss cyclist (d. 1978)
- 1921Jake LaMotta, American boxer
- 1971Adam Foote, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1971Gregory Goodridge, Barbadian footballer
- 1981Aleksandar Tunchev, Bulgarian footballer
- 1987Brian Belo, British television personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.