July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2022 was the 191st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OJPCTAKI? Check your answers here: Word scramble OJPCTAKI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1553Lady Jane Grey takes the throne of England.
- 1882War of the Pacific: Chile suffers its last military defeat in the Battle of La Concepción when a garrison of 77 men is annihilated by a 1,300-strong Peruvian force, many of them armed with spears.
- 1938Howard Hughes sets a new record by completing a 91 hour airplane flight around the world.
- 1940World War II: the Vichy government is established in France.
- 1966The Chicago Freedom Movement, led by Martin Luther King, Jr., holds a rally at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. As many as 60,000 people came to hear Dr. King as well as Mahalia Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Peter Paul and Mary.
- 1973John Paul Getty III, grandson of oil magnate J. Paul Getty, is kidnapped in Rome, Italy.
- 1973The Bahamas gain full independence within the Commonwealth of Nations.
- 1978World News Tonight premieres on ABC.
- 1978President Moktar Ould Daddah of Mauritania is ousted in a bloodless coup d'état.
- 1991The South African cricket team is readmitted into the International Cricket Council following the end of Apartheid.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1804Emma Hale Smith Bidamon, American religious figure (d. 1879)
- 1867Prince Maximilian of Baden, Chancellor of Germany (d. 1929)
- 1905Wolfram Sievers, Nazi physician (d. 1948)
- 1931Alice Munro, Canadian writer
- 1933Jan DeGaetani, American mezzo-soprano (d. 1989)
- 1968Hassiba Boulmerka, Algerian athlete
- 1970Helen Sjöholm, Swedish singer and actress
- 1975Andrew Firestone, American TV reality show personality
- 1977Gwendoline Yeo, American actress
- 1983Matthew Egan, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.