July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2021 is the 191st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MMAPGTAOUI? Check your answers here: Word finder MMAPGTAOUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 48 BCBattle of Dyrrhachium: Julius Caesar barely avoids a catastrophic defeat to Pompey in Macedonia.
- 1645English Civil War: The Battle of Langport takes place.
- 1877The then-villa of Mayagüez, Puerto Rico formally receives its city charter from the Royal Crown of Spain.
- 1890Wyoming is admitted as the 44th U.S. state.
- 1940World War II: the Vichy government is established in France.
- 1973John Paul Getty III, grandson of oil magnate J. Paul Getty, is kidnapped in Rome, Italy.
- 1980Alexandra Palace burns down for a second time.
- 1997In London scientists report the findings of the DNA analysis of a Neanderthal skeleton which support the “out of Africa theory” of human evolution placing an “African Eve” at 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.
- 2000A leaking southern Nigerian petroleum pipeline explodes, killing about 250 villagers scavenging gasoline.
- 2003A Neoplan bus, owned by Kowloon Motor Bus, collides with a truck, falls off a bridge on Tuen Mun Road, Hong Kong, and plunges into the underlying valley, killing 21 people. This is the deadliest traffic accident to date in Hong Kong.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1723William Blackstone, English jurist (d. 1780)
- 1897Jack “Legs” Diamond\", American bootlegger (d. 1931)
- 1927David Norman Dinkins, New York City Mayor, 1990-1993
- 1945John Motson, British sports (football) commentator
- 1945Ron Glass, American actor
- 1964Wilfried Peeters, Belgian cyclist
- 1966Christian Stangl, Austrian mountaineer
- 1984Maria Julia Mantilla Garcia, Miss World 2004
- 1985B.J. Crombeen, American ice hockey player
- 1986Simenona Martinez, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.