July 10: Day of the Week
July 10, 2020 is the 192nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 174 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dallas’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1584William I of Orange is assassinated in his home in Delft, Holland by Balthasar Gérard.
- 1645English Civil War: The Battle of Langport takes place.
- 1821The United States takes possession of its newly bought territory of Florida from Spain.
- 1921Belfast’s Bloody Sunday: 16 people are killed and 161 houses destroyed during rioting and gun battles in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 1925Meher Baba begins his silence of 44 years. His followers observe Silence Day on this date in commemoration.
- 1940World War II: Battle of Britain – The German Luftwaffe begins attacking British convoys in the English Channel thus starting the battle (this start date is contested, though).
- 1940World War II: the Vichy government is established in France.
- 1966The Chicago Freedom Movement, led by Martin Luther King, Jr., holds a rally at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. As many as 60,000 people came to hear Dr. King as well as Mahalia Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Peter Paul and Mary.
- 1992In Miami, Florida, former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega is sentenced to 40 years in prison for drug and racketeering violations.
- 2000A leaking southern Nigerian petroleum pipeline explodes, killing about 250 villagers scavenging gasoline.
Who were born on July 10?
- 1592Pierre d'Hozier, French historian (d. 1660)
- 1804Emma Hale Smith Bidamon, American religious figure (d. 1879)
- 1875Mary McLeod Bethune, American educator (d. 1955)
- 1897Karl Plagge, German officer (d. 1957)
- 1954Neil Tennant, British musician (Pet Shop Boys)
- 1956Tom McClintock, American politician
- 1967Rebekah Del Rio, Latin American singer/songwriter
- 1968Hassiba Boulmerka, Algerian athlete
- 1982Sebastian Mila, Polish footballer
- 1985B.J. Crombeen, American ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.