July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2022 is the 192nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QFOIARA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words QFOIARA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1740Pogrom: Jews are expelled from Little Russia.
- 1750Halifax, Nova Scotia is almost completely destroyed by fire.
- 1798The United States Marine Corps is re-established; they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War.
- 1833Noongar Australian aboriginal warrior Yagan, wanted for the murder of white colonists in Western Australia, is killed.
- 1893A revolution led by the liberal general and politician, José Santos Zelaya, takes over state power in Nicaragua.
- 1893The first cultured pearl is obtained by Kokichi Mikimoto.
- 1940World War II: Vichy France regime is formally established. Henri Philippe Pétain becomes Prime Minister of France.
- 1947The Exodus 1947 heads to Palestine from France.
- 1957Prince Karim Husseini Aga Khan IV inherits the office of Imamat as the 49th Imam of Shia Imami Ismaili worldwide, after the death of Sir Sultan Mahommed Shah Aga Khan III.
- 1972The first game of the World Chess Championship 1972 between challenger Bobby Fischer and defending champion Boris Spassky starts.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1923Richard Pipes, American historian
- 1931Tab Hunter, American actor
- 1931Thurston Harris, American singer (d. 1990)
- 1943Howard Gardner, American Psychologist
- 1952Bill Barber, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1953Patricia Reyes Spíndola, Mexican actress, director and producer
- 1965Tony Cottee, English footballer
- 1968Michael Geist, Canadian academic
- 1985Robert Adamson, American actor
- 1990Caroline Wozniacki, Danish tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.