July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2020 was the 193rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KQROEA? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters KQROEA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1346Charles IV of Luxembourg is elected emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.
- 1776Captain James Cook begins his third voyage.
- 1798The United States Marine Corps is re-established; they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War.
- 1804A duel occurs in which the Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton.
- 1848Waterloo railway station in London opens.
- 1960Congo Crisis: The State of Katanga breaks away from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- 1960Independence of Benin, Burkina Faso and Niger.
- 1978Los Alfaques Disaster: A truck carrying liquid gas crashes and explodes at a coastal campsite in Tarragona, Spain killing 216 tourists.
- 1987According to the United Nations, the world population crosses the 5,000,000,000 (5 billion) mark.
- 1990Oka Crisis: First Nations land dispute in Quebec, Canada begins.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1709Johan Gottschalk Wallerius, Swedish chemist (d. 1785)
- 1899E. B. White, American writer (d. 1985)
- 1920James von Brunn, perpetrator of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting (d. 2010)
- 1920Yul Brynner, Russian-born actor (d. 1985)
- 1949Tom Emanski, American baseball instructionalist
- 1952Bill Barber, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1980Im Su-jeong, South Korean model and actress
- 1985Robert Adamson, American actor
- 1987Shigeaki Kato, Japanese idol singer (NEWS)
- 1990Mona Barthel, German tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.