July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2020 is the 193rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Julius’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 911Signing of the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte between Charles the Simple and Rollo of Normandy.
- 1735Mathematical calculations suggest that it is on this day that dwarf planet Pluto moved inside the orbit of Neptune for the last time before 1979.
- 1750Halifax, Nova Scotia is almost completely destroyed by fire.
- 1804A duel occurs in which the Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton.
- 1889Tijuana, Mexico, is founded.
- 1914Babe Ruth makes his debut in Major league baseball.
- 1930Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.
- 1960To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published.
- 1990Oka Crisis: First Nations land dispute in Quebec, Canada begins.
- 1995A Cubana de Aviación Antonov An-24 crashes into the Caribbean off southeast Cuba killing 44 people.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1910Irene Hervey, American actress (d. 1998)
- 1924Charlie Tully, Northern Irish footballer (d. 1971)
- 1953Ivan Toms, South African physician
- 1958Andrew Gilbert-Scott, British racing driver
- 1967Donne Wall, American baseball player
- 1970Justin Chambers, American actor
- 1972Jussi 69, Finnish musician (The 69 Eyes)
- 1975Nadya Suleman, American mother of octuplets
- 1982Chris Cooley, American football player
- 1984Hitomi Hyuga, Japanese actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.