July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2019 is the 192nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 472After being besieged in Rome by his own generals, Western Roman Emperor Anthemius is captured in the Old St. Peter’s Basilica and put to death.
- 1405Ming admiral Zheng He sets sail to explore the world for the first time.
- 1735Mathematical calculations suggest that it is on this day that dwarf planet Pluto moved inside the orbit of Neptune for the last time before 1979.
- 1893A revolution led by the liberal general and politician, José Santos Zelaya, takes over state power in Nicaragua.
- 1920In the East Prussian plebiscite the local populace decides to remain with Weimar Germany
- 1960Independence of Benin, Burkina Faso and Niger.
- 1972The first game of the World Chess Championship 1972 between challenger Bobby Fischer and defending champion Boris Spassky starts.
- 1990Oka Crisis: First Nations land dispute in Quebec, Canada begins.
- 1995A Cubana de Aviación Antonov An-24 crashes into the Caribbean off southeast Cuba killing 44 people.
- 2011Neptune completes its first orbit since its discovery on September 23, 1846.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1866Princess Irene of Hesse and by Rhine (d. 1953)
- 1904Niño Ricardo, Spanish flamenco guitarist (d. 1972)
- 1920Yul Brynner, Russian-born actor (d. 1985)
- 1929Hermann Prey, German baritone (d. 1998)
- 1965Tony Cottee, English footballer
- 1967Jeff Corwin, American naturalist and TV personality
- 1972Michael Rosenbaum, American actor
- 1974Alanas Chošnau, Lithuanian singer and songwriter
- 1984Hitomi Hyuga, Japanese actress
- 1990Connor Paolo, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.