July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2020 is the 193rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mackenzie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 911Signing of the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte between Charles the Simple and Rollo of Normandy.
- 1346Charles IV of Luxembourg is elected emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.
- 1893The first cultured pearl is obtained by Kokichi Mikimoto.
- 1897Salomon August Andrée leaves Spitsbergen to attempt to reach the North pole by balloon. He later crashes and dies.
- 1943World War II: Allied invasion of Sicily – German and Italian troops launch a counter-attack on Allied forces in Sicily.
- 1962First transatlantic satellite television transmission.
- 1977Martin Luther King Jr. is posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- 1978Los Alfaques Disaster: A truck carrying liquid gas crashes and explodes at a coastal campsite in Tarragona, Spain killing 216 tourists.
- 1983A Boeing 737 crashes into hilly terrain after a tail strike in Cuenca, Ecuador, claiming 119 lives.
- 1995A Cubana de Aviación Antonov An-24 crashes into the Caribbean off southeast Cuba killing 44 people.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1628Tokugawa Mitsukuni, Japanese warlord (d. 1701)
- 1888Carl Schmitt, German philosopher and political theorist (d. 1985)
- 1916Reg Varney, English actor (d. 2008)
- 1922Gene Evans, American actor (d. 1998)
- 1924Brett Somers, Canadian-born actress (d. 2007)
- 1935Frederick Hemke, American saxophonist
- 1946Beverly Todd American actress
- 1951Robert R. McCammon, American horror novelist
- 1981Andre Johnson, American football player
- 1989David Henrie, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.