July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2021 was the 192nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SAAIXLUTCWP? Check your answers here: Words with these letters SAAIXLUTCWP. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1735Mathematical calculations suggest that it is on this day that dwarf planet Pluto moved inside the orbit of Neptune for the last time before 1979.
- 1750Halifax, Nova Scotia is almost completely destroyed by fire.
- 1796The United States takes possession of Detroit from Great Britain under terms of the Jay Treaty.
- 1798The United States Marine Corps is re-established; they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War.
- 1882The British Mediterranean fleet begins the Bombardment of Alexandria in Egypt as part of the 1882 Anglo-Egyptian War.
- 1921A truce is called in the Irish War of Independence; see Irish calendar.
- 1936The Triborough Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic.
- 1971Copper mines in Chile are nationalized.
- 1977Martin Luther King Jr. is posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- 2011Neptune completes its first orbit since its discovery on September 23, 1846.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1709Johan Gottschalk Wallerius, Swedish chemist (d. 1785)
- 1851Millie and Christine McCoy, Conjoined twins (d. 1912)
- 1947Bo Lundgren, Swedish politician
- 1965Ernesto Hoost, Dutch kickboxer
- 1977Brandon Short, American football player
- 1979Lauris Reiniks, Latvian singer
- 1983Kellie Shirley, British actress
- 1983Marie Serneholt, Swedish musician (A*Teens)
- 1985Robert Adamson, American actor
- 1990George Craig, English singer (One Night Only)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.