July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2019 was the 192nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Daryl’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 472After being besieged in Rome by his own generals, Western Roman Emperor Anthemius is captured in the Old St. Peter’s Basilica and put to death.
- 1346Charles IV of Luxembourg is elected emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.
- 1882The British Mediterranean fleet begins the Bombardment of Alexandria in Egypt as part of the 1882 Anglo-Egyptian War.
- 1906The Gillette-Brown murder inspires Theodore Dreiser’s An American Tragedy.
- 1919The eight-hour working day and free Sunday become law in the Netherlands.
- 1921A truce is called in the Irish War of Independence; see Irish calendar.
- 1936The Triborough Bridge in New York City is opened to traffic.
- 1960Congo Crisis: The State of Katanga breaks away from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- 1972The first game of the World Chess Championship 1972 between challenger Bobby Fischer and defending champion Boris Spassky starts.
- 1995A Cubana de Aviación Antonov An-24 crashes into the Caribbean off southeast Cuba killing 44 people.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1767John Quincy Adams, American politician, 8th United States Secretary of State & 6th President of the United States (d. 1848)
- 1944Myra Gale Brown, former wife of cousin, Jerry Lee Lewis
- 1947Bo Lundgren, Swedish politician
- 1950J. R. Morgan, British classical scholar
- 1952John Kettley, English weather forecaster
- 1953Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India
- 1966Greg Grunberg, American actor
- 1966Rod Strickland, American basketball player
- 1975Rubén Baraja, Spanish footballer
- 1983Peter Cincotti, American singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.