July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2021 is the 192nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AATOARKBU? Check your answers here: Word finder AATOARKBU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 472After being besieged in Rome by his own generals, Western Roman Emperor Anthemius is captured in the Old St. Peter’s Basilica and put to death.
- 1576Martin Frobisher sights Greenland.
- 1750Halifax, Nova Scotia is almost completely destroyed by fire.
- 1798The United States Marine Corps is re-established; they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War.
- 1801French astronomer Jean-Louis Pons made his first comet discovery. In the next 27 years he discovered another 36 comets, more than any other person in history.
- 1833Noongar Australian aboriginal warrior Yagan, wanted for the murder of white colonists in Western Australia, is killed.
- 1922The Hollywood Bowl opens.
- 1943World War II: Allied invasion of Sicily – German and Italian troops launch a counter-attack on Allied forces in Sicily.
- 1960To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published.
- 1971Copper mines in Chile are nationalized.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1851Millie and Christine McCoy, Conjoined twins (d. 1912)
- 1897Eugene “Bull” Connor, American law enforcement official (d. 1973)
- 1943Oscar D'León, Venezuelan musician
- 1943Rolf Stommelen, German race car driver (d. 1983)
- 1954Butch Reed, American professional wrestler
- 1959Suzanne Vega, American singer
- 1972Michael Rosenbaum, American actor
- 1983Evan Roberts, American radio broadcaster
- 1987Shigeaki Kato, Japanese idol singer (NEWS)
- 1993Rebecca Bross, Gymnast
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.