July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2019 is the 192nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 911Signing of the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte between Charles the Simple and Rollo of Normandy.
- 1920In the East Prussian plebiscite the local populace decides to remain with Weimar Germany
- 1921Former U.S. President William Howard Taft is sworn in as 10th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the only person to ever be both President and Chief Justice.
- 1930Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.
- 1960To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published.
- 1971Copper mines in Chile are nationalized.
- 1977Martin Luther King Jr. is posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- 1983A Boeing 737 crashes into hilly terrain after a tail strike in Cuenca, Ecuador, claiming 119 lives.
- 1990Oka Crisis: First Nations land dispute in Quebec, Canada begins.
- 1995A Cubana de Aviación Antonov An-24 crashes into the Caribbean off southeast Cuba killing 44 people.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1662Maximilian II Emanuel, Elector of Bavaria (d. 1726)
- 1903Rudolf Abel, Soviet intelligence officer (d. 1971)
- 1916Gough Whitlam, 21st Prime Minister of Australia
- 1950Bonnie Pointer, American singer (Pointer Sisters)
- 1953Bramwell Tovey, English-born conductor and composer
- 1958Andrew Gilbert-Scott, British racing driver
- 1968Daniel MacMaster, Canadian singer (Bonham) (d. 2008)
- 1972Jussi 69, Finnish musician (The 69 Eyes)
- 1982Lil' Zane, American rapper
- 1990Caroline Wozniacki, Danish tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.