July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2019 was the 192nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Celia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1476Giuliano della Rovere is appointed bishop of Coutances.
- 1801French astronomer Jean-Louis Pons made his first comet discovery. In the next 27 years he discovered another 36 comets, more than any other person in history.
- 1914Babe Ruth makes his debut in Major league baseball.
- 1919The eight-hour working day and free Sunday become law in the Netherlands.
- 1930Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.
- 1950Pakistan joins the International Monetary Fund and the International Bank.
- 1960To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published.
- 1973Varig Flight 820 crashes near Paris on approach to Orly Airport, killing 123 of the 134 on-board.
- 1977Martin Luther King Jr. is posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- 1979America’s first space station, Skylab, is destroyed as it re-enters the Earth’s atmosphere over the Indian Ocean.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1709Johan Gottschalk Wallerius, Swedish chemist (d. 1785)
- 1929Hermann Prey, German baritone (d. 1998)
- 1930Harold Bloom, American literary critic
- 1931Thurston Harris, American singer (d. 1990)
- 1953Samuel Russell Hinds, pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers
- 1967Andy Ashby, American baseball player
- 1967Jeff Corwin, American naturalist and TV personality
- 1981Andre Johnson, American football player
- 1984Tanith Belbin, Canadian/American ice dancer
- 1989David Henrie, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.