July 11: Day of the Week
July 11, 2020 is the 193rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 173 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Philip’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1776Captain James Cook begins his third voyage.
- 1796The United States takes possession of Detroit from Great Britain under terms of the Jay Treaty.
- 1804A duel occurs in which the Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton.
- 1833Noongar Australian aboriginal warrior Yagan, wanted for the murder of white colonists in Western Australia, is killed.
- 1893A revolution led by the liberal general and politician, José Santos Zelaya, takes over state power in Nicaragua.
- 1897Salomon August Andrée leaves Spitsbergen to attempt to reach the North pole by balloon. He later crashes and dies.
- 1922The Hollywood Bowl opens.
- 1962First transatlantic satellite television transmission.
- 1973Varig Flight 820 crashes near Paris on approach to Orly Airport, killing 123 of the 134 on-board.
- 1990Oka Crisis: First Nations land dispute in Quebec, Canada begins.
Who were born on July 11?
- 1751Caroline Matilda of Wales, queen consort of Denmark and Norway (d. 1775)
- 1913Cordwainer Smith, American writer (d. 1966)
- 1918Venetia Burney, namer of the dwarf planet Pluto (d. 2009)
- 1931Tullio Regge, Italian physicist
- 1943Howard Gardner, American Psychologist
- 1959Dave Bennett, English footballer
- 1967Andy Ashby, American baseball player
- 1973Andrew Bird, American musician
- 1975Nadya Suleman, American mother of octuplets
- 1993Rebecca Bross, Gymnast
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.