July 15: Day of the Week
July 15, 2019 was the 196th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 169 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Allan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1099First Crusade: Christian soldiers take the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem after the final assault of a difficult siege.
- 1799The Rosetta Stone is found in the Egyptian village of Rosetta by French Captain Pierre-François Bouchard during Napoleon’s Egyptian Campaign.
- 1910In his book Clinical Psychiatry, Emil Kraepelin gives a name to Alzheimer’s disease, naming it after his colleague Alois Alzheimer.
- 1955Eighteen Nobel laureates sign the Mainau Declaration against nuclear weapons, later co-signed by thirty-four others.
- 1974In Nicosia, Cyprus, Greek Junta-sponsored nationalists launch a coup d'état, deposing President Makarios and installing Nikos Sampson as Cypriot president.
- 1979U.S. President Jimmy Carter gives his so-called “malaise” speech, where he characterizes the greatest threat to the country as “this crisis in the growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives and in the loss of a unity of purpose for our nation” but in which he never uses the word malaise
- 1980A massive storm tears through western Wisconsin, causing US$160 million in damage.
- 1983A terrorist attack is launched by Armenian militant organisation ASALA at the Paris-Orly Airport in Paris; it leaves 8 people dead and 55 injured.
- 1985The Nintendo Entertainment System, the best-selling game console of its time, is released in Japan.
- 1997In Miami, Florida, serial killer Andrew Phillip Cunanan guns down Gianni Versace outside his home.
Who were born on July 15?
- 1704August Gottlieb Spangenberg, German religious leader (d. 1792)
- 1903Kumaraswami Kamaraj, Indian politician (d. 1975)
- 1929Charles Anthony, American tenor
- 1935Donn Clendenon, American baseball player (d. 2005)
- 1946Linda Ronstadt, American singer
- 1961Lolita Davidovich, Canadian actress
- 1965Eleftherios Fotiadis, Greek footballer
- 1968Stan Kirsch, American actor
- 1973Buju Banton, Jamaican dancehall reggae artist
- 1974Chot Ulep, Filipino bassist and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.