July 15: Day of the Week
July 15, 2021 is the 196th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 169 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UUDQILIC? Check your answers here: Word solver UUDQILIC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1240Swedish-Novgorodian Wars: a Novgorodian army led by Alexander Nevsky defeats the Swedes in the Battle of the Neva.
- 1685Monmouth Rebellion: James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth is executed at Tower Hill, England after his defeat at the Battle of Sedgemoor on 6 July 1685.
- 1789Gilbert du Motier, marquis de La Fayette, is named by acclamation colonel-general of the new National Guard of Paris.
- 1815Napoleonic Wars: Napoléon Bonaparte surrenders aboard HMS Bellerophon.
- 1870Reconstruction era of the United States: Georgia becomes the last of the former Confederate states to be readmitted to the Union.
- 1918World War I: the Second Battle of the Marne begins near the River Marne with a German attack.
- 1980A massive storm tears through western Wisconsin, causing US$160 million in damage.
- 1985The Nintendo Entertainment System, the best-selling game console of its time, is released in Japan.
- 1997In Miami, Florida, serial killer Andrew Phillip Cunanan guns down Gianni Versace outside his home.
- 2002Anti-Terrorism Court of Pakistan hands down the death sentence to British born Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh and life terms to three others suspected of murdering Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.
Who were born on July 15?
- 1837Stephanie of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, German-born Queen consort of Portugal, wife of King Peter V of Portugal (d. 1859)
- 1893Dick Rauch, American football player and coach (d. 1970)
- 1948Artimus Pyle, American drummer (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- 1961Scott Ritter, American UN weapons inspector
- 1963Brigitte Nielsen, Danish-born actress
- 1971Danijela, Croatian singer
- 1972Scott Foley, American actor
- 1976Jim Jones, American rapper
- 1977John St. Clair, American football player
- 1980Jonathan Cheechoo, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.