July 15: Day of the Week
July 15, 2023 is the 196th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 169 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XPOBMUI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters XPOBMUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1240Swedish-Novgorodian Wars: a Novgorodian army led by Alexander Nevsky defeats the Swedes in the Battle of the Neva.
- 1381John Ball, a leader in the Peasants’ Revolt, is hanged, drawn and quartered in the presence of King Richard II of England.
- 1799The Rosetta Stone is found in the Egyptian village of Rosetta by French Captain Pierre-François Bouchard during Napoleon’s Egyptian Campaign.
- 1815Napoleonic Wars: Napoléon Bonaparte surrenders aboard HMS Bellerophon.
- 1823A fire destroys the ancient Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls in Rome.
- 1870Reconstruction era of the United States: Georgia becomes the last of the former Confederate states to be readmitted to the Union.
- 1920The Polish Parliament establishes Silesian Voivodeship before the Polish-German plebiscite.
- 1955Eighteen Nobel laureates sign the Mainau Declaration against nuclear weapons, later co-signed by thirty-four others.
- 1979U.S. President Jimmy Carter gives his so-called “malaise” speech, where he characterizes the greatest threat to the country as “this crisis in the growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives and in the loss of a unity of purpose for our nation” but in which he never uses the word malaise
- 2003AOL Time Warner disbands Netscape Communications Corporation. The Mozilla Foundation is established on the same day.
Who were born on July 15?
- 1779Clement Clarke Moore, American educator, author, and poet (d. 1863)
- 1918Joan Roberts, American actress
- 1921Robert Bruce Merrifield, American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2006)
- 1930Jacques Derrida, French philosopher (d. 2004)
- 1931Clive Cussler, American novelist
- 1948Dimosthenis Kourtovik, Greek writer, literary critic and anthropologist
- 1950Colin Barnett, Australian politician
- 1958Gary Heale, English footballer
- 1974Marilita Lambropoulou, Greek actress
- 1990J.B. Gaynor, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.