July 25: Day of the Week
July 25, 2019 was the 206th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 159 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 25 Historical Event(s)
- 285Diocletian appoints Maximian as Caesar, co-ruler.
- 1261The city of Constantinople is recaptured by Nicaean forces under the command of Alexios Strategopoulos, re-establishing the Byzantine Empire.
- 1799At Aboukir in Egypt, Napoleon I of France defeats 10,000 Ottomans under Mustafa Pasha.
- 1893The Corinth Canal in the Gulf of Corinth, Greece is used for the first time.
- 1908Ajinomoto is founded. Kikunae Ikeda of the Tokyo Imperial University discovers that a key ingredient in Konbu soup stock is monosodium glutamate (MSG), and patents a process for manufacturing it.
- 1915RFC Captain Lanoe Hawker becomes the first British military aviator to earn the Victoria Cross, for defeating three German two-seat observation aircraft in one day, over the Western Front.
- 1944World War II: Operation Spring – one of the bloodiest days for the First Canadian Army during the war: 1,500 casualties, including 500 killed.
- 1976Viking program: Viking 1 takes the famous Face on Mars photo.
- 1978The Cerro Maravilla incident occurs.
- 1996In a military coup in Burundi, Pierre Buyoya deposes Sylvestre Ntibantunganya.
Who were born on July 25?
- 1839Francis Garnier, French explorer (d. 1873)
- 1860Princess Louise Margaret, Duchess of Connaught (d. 1917)
- 1928Mario Montenegro, Filipino actor (d. 1988)
- 1958Alex Filippenko, American astrophysicist
- 1961Katherine Kelly Lang, American actress
- 1967Wendy Raquel Robinson, American actress
- 1968Rudi Bryson, Former South African cricketer
- 1973David Denman, American actor
- 1987Michael Welch, American actor
- 1988Heather Marks, Canadian model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.