July 25: Day of the Week
July 25, 2019 is the 206th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 159 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
July 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1554Mary I marries Philip II of Spain at Winchester Cathedral
- 1567Don Diego de Losada founds the city of Santiago de Leon de Caracas, modern-day Caracas, the capital city of Venezuela.
- 1755British governor Charles Lawrence and the Nova Scotia Council order the deportation of the Acadians. Thousands of Acadians are sent to the British Colonies in America, France and England. Some later move to Louisiana, while others resettle in New Brunswick.
- 1758Seven Years’ War: the island battery at Fortress Louisbourg in Nova Scotia is silenced and all French warships are destroyed or taken.
- 1893The Corinth Canal in the Gulf of Corinth, Greece is used for the first time.
- 1978Louise Brown, the world’s first “test tube baby” is born.
- 1993The Saint James Church massacre occurs in Kenilworth, Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1994Israel and Jordan sign the Washington Declaration, which formally ends the state of war that had existed between the nations since 1948.
- 2000Air France Flight 4590, a Concorde supersonic passenger jet, F-BTSC, crashes just after takeoff from Paris killing all 109 aboard and 4 on the ground.
- 2007Pratibha Patil is sworn in as India’s first female president.
Who were born on July 25?
- 1404Philip I, Duke of Brabant (d. 1430)
- 1886Bror von Blixen-Finecke, Swedish big-game hunter (d. 1946)
- 1916Lucien Saulnier, Quebec politician (d. 1989)
- 1936Glenn Murcutt, Australian architect
- 1941Emmett Till, American murder victim (d. 1955)
- 1941Manny Charlton, rock guitarist
- 1960Alain Robidoux, Canadian snooker player
- 1965Illeana Douglas, American actress
- 1966Lynda Lemay, French Canadian singer
- 1974Jay R. Ferguson, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.