July 27: Day of the Week
July 27, 2020 is the 209th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 157 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mateo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 27 Historical Event(s)
- 1549The Jesuit priest Francis Xavier’s ship reaches Japan.
- 1778American Revolution: First Battle of Ushant – British and French fleets fight to a standoff.
- 1789The first U.S. federal government agency, the Department of Foreign Affairs, is established (it will be later renamed Department of State).
- 1880Second Anglo-Afghan War: Battle of Maiwand – Afghan forces led by Ayub Khan defeat the British Army in battle near Maiwand, Afghanistan.
- 1942World War II: Allied forces successfully halt the final Axis advance into Egypt.
- 1983Black July: 18 Tamil political prisoners at the Welikada high security prison in Colombo are massacred by Sinhalese prisoners, the second such massacre in two days.
- 1990The Supreme Soviet of the Belarusian Soviet Republic declares independence of Belarus from the Soviet Union. Until 1996 the day is celebrated as the Independence Day of Belarus; after a referendum held that year the celebration of independence is moved to June 3.
- 1996Centennial Olympic Park bombing: in Atlanta, United States, a pipe bomb explodes at Centennial Olympic Park during the 1996 Summer Olympics. One woman (Alice Hawthorne) is killed, and a cameraman suffers a heart attack fleeing the scene. 111 are injured.
- 2002Ukraine airshow disaster: a Sukhoi Su-27 fighter crashes during an air show at Lviv, Ukraine killing 85 and injuring more than 100 others, the largest air show disaster in history.
- 2006The Federal Republic of Germany is deemed guilty in the loss of Bashkirian 2937 and DHL Flight 611, because it is illegal to outsource flight surveillance.
Who were born on July 27?
- 1866António José de Almeida, Portuguese politician and 6th President of Portugal (d. 1929)
- 1921Émile Genest, Quebec actor (d. 2003)
- 1944Jean-Marie Leblanc, French cyclist
- 1946Rade Šerbedžija, Croatian actor
- 1949André Dupont, Quebec ice hockey player
- 1962Karl Mueller, American bassist (Soul Asylum) (d. 2005)
- 1970Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Danish actor
- 1972Maya Rudolph, American actress and comedian
- 1975Alessandro Pistone, Italian footballer
- 1990Nick Hogan, American reality TV star
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.