July 28: Day of the Week
July 28, 2020 is the 210th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 156 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Quinn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1914World War I: Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia after Serbia rejects the conditions of an ultimatum sent by Austria on July 23 following the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand.
- 1932U.S. President Herbert Hoover orders the United States Army to forcibly evict the “Bonus Army” of World War I veterans gathered in Washington, D.C.
- 1955The Union Mundial pro Interlingua is founded at the first Interlingua congress in Tours, France.
- 1957Heavy rain and a mudslide in Isahaya, western Kyūshū, Japan, kill 992.
- 1965Vietnam War: U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces his order to increase the number of United States troops in South Vietnam from 75,000 to 125,000.
- 1976The Tangshan earthquake measuring between 7.8 and 8.2 moment magnitude flattens Tangshan in the People’s Republic of China, killing 242,769 and injuring 164,851.
- 1993Andorra joins the United Nations.
- 1996The remains of a prehistoric man are discovered near Kennewick, Washington. Such remains will be known as the Kennewick Man.
- 2001Australian Ian Thorpe becomes the first swimmer to win six gold medals at a single World Championships.
- 2002Nine coal miners trapped in the flooded Quecreek Mine in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, are rescued after 77 hours underground.
Who were born on July 28?
- 1896Barbara La Marr, American actress (d. 1926)
- 1914Carmen Dragon, American composer (d. 1984)
- 1945Jim Davis, American cartoonist (Garfield)
- 1949Steve Peregrin Took, English singer (d. 1980)
- 1952Yoshitaka Amano, Japanese artist
- 1953Don Black, founder and current webmaster of Stormfront
- 1954Steve Morse, American guitarist (Dixie Dregs, Deep Purple)
- 1972Ed Templeton, American skateboarder
- 1983Dhanush,Indian film actor, occasional playback singer and lyricist
- 1985Dustin Milligan, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.