July 28: Day of the Week
July 28, 2019 was the 209th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 156 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
July 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1540Thomas Cromwell is executed at the order of Henry VIII of England on charges of treason. Henry marries his fifth wife, Catherine Howard, on the same day.
- 1794Maximilien Robespierre is executed by guillotine in Paris during the French Revolution.
- 1868The 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States is certified, establishing African-American citizenship and guaranteeing due process of law.
- 1942World War II: Soviet leader Joseph Stalin issues Order No. 227 in response to alarming German advances into the Soviet Union. Under the order all those who retreat or otherwise leave their positions without orders to do so are to be immediately executed.
- 1948The Metropolitan Police Flying Squad foils a bullion robbery in the “Battle of London Airport”.
- 1965Vietnam War: U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces his order to increase the number of United States troops in South Vietnam from 75,000 to 125,000.
- 1993Andorra joins the United Nations.
- 2001Australian Ian Thorpe becomes the first swimmer to win six gold medals at a single World Championships.
- 2005The Provisional Irish Republican Army calls an end to its thirty year long armed campaign in Northern Ireland.
- 2008The historic Grand Pier in Weston-super-Mare burns down for the second time in 80 years.
Who were born on July 28?
- 1900Catherine Dale Owen, American actress (d. 1965)
- 1935Simon Dee, British television broadcaster (d. 2009)
- 1938Luis Aragonés, Spanish football manager
- 1946Fahmida Riaz, Pakistani writer and feminist
- 1946Linda Kelsey, American actress
- 1951Anthony A. Williams, American politician
- 1973Steve Staios, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1978Jacob Oram, New Zealand cricketer
- 1979Birgitta Haukdal, Icelandic singer
- 1990Soulja Boy Tell 'Em, American rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.