July 28: Day of the Week
July 28, 2022 was the 209th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 156 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZBEZZUIOAF? Check your answers here: Word scramble ZBEZZUIOAF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1794Maximilien Robespierre is executed by guillotine in Paris during the French Revolution.
- 1809Peninsular War: Battle of Talavera – Sir Arthur Wellesley’s British, Portuguese and Spanish army defeats a French force led by Joseph Bonaparte.
- 1896The city of Miami, Florida is incorporated.
- 1933Diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Spain are established.
- 1943World War II: Operation Gomorrah – The British bomb Hamburg causing a firestorm that kills 42,000 German civilians.
- 1948The Metropolitan Police Flying Squad foils a bullion robbery in the “Battle of London Airport”.
- 1973Summer Jam at Watkins Glen: 600,000 people attend a rock festival at the Watkins Glen International Raceway.
- 1976The Tangshan earthquake measuring between 7.8 and 8.2 moment magnitude flattens Tangshan in the People’s Republic of China, killing 242,769 and injuring 164,851.
- 1996The remains of a prehistoric man are discovered near Kennewick, Washington. Such remains will be known as the Kennewick Man.
- 2008The historic Grand Pier in Weston-super-Mare burns down for the second time in 80 years.
Who were born on July 28?
- 1924C.T. Vivian, American Civil Rights Movement activist
- 1936Garfield Sobers, Barbadian cricketer
- 1941Riccardo Muti, Italian conductor
- 1941Susan Roces, Filipino actress
- 1946Linda Kelsey, American actress
- 1953Don Black, founder and current webmaster of Stormfront
- 1969Dana White, American professional sports executive
- 1970Isabelle Brasseur, Canadian figure skater
- 1971Annie Perreault, Canadian short-track speed skater
- 1979Birgitta Haukdal, Icelandic singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.