July 3: Day of the Week
July 3, 2018 is the 184th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 181 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 3 Historical Event(s)
- 324Battle of Adrianople Constantine I defeats Licinius, who flees to Byzantium.
- 1608Québec City is founded by Samuel de Champlain.
- 1844The last pair of Great Auks is killed.
- 1849The French enter Rome in order to restore Pope Pius IX to power. This would prove a major obstacle to Italian unification.
- 1866Austro-Prussian War is decided at the Battle of Königgratz, resulting in Prussia taking over as the prominent German nation from Austria.
- 1898Spanish-American War: The Spanish fleet, led by Pascual Cervera y Topete, is destroyed by the U.S. Navy in Santiago, Cuba.
- 1940World War II: the French fleet of the Atlantic based at Mers el Kébir, is bombarded by the British fleet, coming from Gibraltar, causing the loss of three battleships: Dunkerque, Provence and Bretagne. One thousand two hundred sailors perish.
- 1952The Constitution of Puerto Rico is approved by the Congress of the United States.
- 1970A British Dan-Air De Havilland Comet chartered jetliner crashes into mountains north of Barcelona, Spain killing 113 people.
- 2006Valencia metro accident leaves 43 dead in Valencia, Spain.
Who were born on July 3?
- 1728Robert Adam, Scottish architect (d. 1792)
- 1743Sophia Magdalena of Denmark, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1813)
- 1940Fontella Bass, American soul singer
- 1948Tarmo Koivisto, Finnish comics artist
- 1952Andy Fraser, English songwriter and bass guitarist
- 1952Laura Branigan, American singer (d. 2004)
- 1959Julie Burchill, British journalist and author
- 1964Yeardley Smith, French-born American actress
- 1976Andrea Barber, American actress
- 1980Olivia Munn, American television hostess
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.