July 3: Day of the Week
July 3, 2022 is the 184th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 181 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PUPAFXOMU? Check your answers here: Word finder PUPAFXOMU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1608Québec City is founded by Samuel de Champlain.
- 1819The Bank of Savings in New York City, the first savings bank in the United States, opens.
- 1844The last pair of Great Auks is killed.
- 1863American Civil War: The final day of the Battle of Gettysburg culminates with Pickett’s Charge.
- 1866Austro-Prussian War is decided at the Battle of Königgratz, resulting in Prussia taking over as the prominent German nation from Austria.
- 1898Spanish-American War: The Spanish fleet, led by Pascual Cervera y Topete, is destroyed by the U.S. Navy in Santiago, Cuba.
- 1969The biggest explosion in the history of rocketry occurs when the Soviet N-1 rocket explodes and subsequently destroys its launchpad.
- 1994The deadliest day in Texas traffic history, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. Forty-six people are killed in crashes.
- 1996Stone of Scone is returned to Scotland.
- 2005Same-sex marriage in Spain becomes legal.
Who were born on July 3?
- 1906George Sanders, British actor (d. 1972)
- 1913Dorothy Kilgallen, American columnist (d. 1965)
- 1920Paul O'Dea, American baseball player (d. 1978)
- 1946Johnny Lee, American country-and-western singer
- 1962Tom Cruise, American actor
- 1967Spiros Marangos, Greek footballer
- 1968Aku Louhimies, Finnish film director and screenwriter
- 1973Johnny Terris, Canadian actor and director
- 1976Henry Olonga, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1992Nathalia Ramos, Spanish actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.