July 3: Day of the Week
July 3, 2023 is the 184th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 181 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OAJAGENM? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OAJAGENM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1754French and Indian War: George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity to French forces.
- 1767Pitcairn Island is discovered by Midshipman Robert Pitcairn on an expeditionary voyage commanded by Philip Carteret.
- 1819The Bank of Savings in New York City, the first savings bank in the United States, opens.
- 1848Slaves are freed in the Danish West Indies (now U.S. Virgin Islands) by Peter von Scholten in the culmination of a year-long plot by enslaved Africans.
- 1884Dow Jones and Company publishes its first stock average.
- 1913Confederate veterans at the Great Reunion of 1913 reenact Pickett’s Charge; upon reaching the high-water mark of the Confederacy they are met by the outstretched hands of friendship from Union survivors.
- 1938President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicates the Eternal Light Peace Memorial and lights the eternal flame at Gettysburg Battlefield.
- 1938World speed record for a steam railway locomotive is set in England, by the Mallard, which reaches a speed of 126 mph.
- 1952The Constitution of Puerto Rico is approved by the Congress of the United States.
- 2001A Vladivostok Avia Tupolev Tu-154 jetliner crashes on approach to landing at Irkutsk, Russia killing 145 people.
Who were born on July 3?
- 1900Alessandro Blasetti, Italian film director (d. 1987)
- 1940Fontella Bass, American soul singer
- 1941Gloria Allred, American Attorney
- 1967Brian Cashman, American major league baseball executive
- 1968Aku Louhimies, Finnish film director and screenwriter
- 1969Kevin Hearn, Canadian musician (Barenaked Ladies)
- 1971Julian Assange, Australian journalist, publisher and Internet activist
- 1976Henry Olonga, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1976Shane Lynch, Boyzone singer
- 1983Edinson Volquez, Dominican baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.