July 3: Day of the Week
July 3, 2021 was the 184th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 181 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MWSGQECUXA? Check your answers here: Word scramble MWSGQECUXA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
July 3 Historical Event(s)
- 324Battle of Adrianople Constantine I defeats Licinius, who flees to Byzantium.
- 1608Québec City is founded by Samuel de Champlain.
- 1767Pitcairn Island is discovered by Midshipman Robert Pitcairn on an expeditionary voyage commanded by Philip Carteret.
- 1863American Civil War: The final day of the Battle of Gettysburg culminates with Pickett’s Charge.
- 1886Karl Benz officially unveils the Benz Patent Motorwagen – the first purpose-built automobile.
- 1944World War II: Minsk is liberated from Nazi control by Soviet troops during Operation Bagration.
- 1962The Algerian War of Independence against the French ends.
- 1988The Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, providing the second connection between the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosporus.
- 1988United States Navy warship USS Vincennes shoots down Iran Air Flight 655 over the Persian Gulf, killing all 290 people aboard.
- 1994The deadliest day in Texas traffic history, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. Forty-six people are killed in crashes.
Who were born on July 3?
- 1685Sir Robert Rich, 4th Baronet, British cavalry officer (d. 1768)
- 1728Robert Adam, Scottish architect (d. 1792)
- 1883Franz Kafka, Czech-German writer (d. 1924)
- 1942Eddy Mitchell, French singer and actor
- 1948Paul Barrere, American guitarist & songwriter (Little Feat)
- 1952Amit Kumar, Indian singer
- 1959Julie Burchill, British journalist and author
- 1962Tom Cruise, American actor
- 1977David Bowens, American football player
- 1980Melisa Young, American Rapper (“Kid Sister”)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.