July 3: Day of the Week
July 3, 2020 was the 185th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 181 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carrie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
July 3 Historical Event(s)
- 324Battle of Adrianople Constantine I defeats Licinius, who flees to Byzantium.
- 1608Québec City is founded by Samuel de Champlain.
- 1778American Revolutionary War: British forces kill 360 people in the Wyoming Valley massacre.
- 1866Austro-Prussian War is decided at the Battle of Königgratz, resulting in Prussia taking over as the prominent German nation from Austria.
- 1884Dow Jones and Company publishes its first stock average.
- 1898Spanish-American War: The Spanish fleet, led by Pascual Cervera y Topete, is destroyed by the U.S. Navy in Santiago, Cuba.
- 1944World War II: Minsk is liberated from Nazi control by Soviet troops during Operation Bagration.
- 1969The biggest explosion in the history of rocketry occurs when the Soviet N-1 rocket explodes and subsequently destroys its launchpad.
- 1979U.S. President Jimmy Carter signs the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul.
- 1988The Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, providing the second connection between the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosporus.
Who were born on July 3?
- 1908M. F. K. Fisher, American writer (d. 1992)
- 1913Dorothy Kilgallen, American columnist (d. 1965)
- 1932Richard Mellon Scaife, American newspaper publisher
- 1937Tom Stoppard, Czech-born, British playwright
- 1941Gloria Allred, American Attorney
- 1947Anthony “Top” Topham, English musician
- 1959Julie Burchill, British journalist and author
- 1976Andrea Barber, American actress
- 1976Bobby Skinstad, Springbok rugby player
- 1980Harbhajan Singh, Indian cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.